Stepped on a nail

Hwy99

Reaction score
My house have been under construction, I was involved working around my house with several other men and yesterday I stepped on the nail and it hurt which cause me having trouble walking or pushing something with my feet, I really hope the pain go away so I can work on my house faster. I just wonder how long it take for the pain to fade away?

My house have been under construction, I was involved working around my house with several other men and yesterday I stepped on the nail and it hurt which cause me having trouble walking or pushing something with my feet, I really hope the pain go away so I can work on my house faster. I just wonder how long it take for the pain to fade away?

OUCH!!

When was the last time you had a Tetanus shot? If it has been past 10 years then it would be recommended to get another one.

Tetanus

yes, a shot (to be on the safe side if the nail was rusty)....and be liberal with the alcohol to ur foot and soak in warm water. Gonna be a little while before you can get ur full weight back on the foot. It's happened to me too.

My son stepped on a nail last month. I called his doctor and they said it will be sore for a while since it is a deep puncture wound. They prescribe antibiotics for him for a few days to prevent infections. But he did not have to get the Tetanus shot due to he had one along with his immunizations.

I had my last tetanus shot four years ago, When I bumped into a metal shelf, and cut the top of my head at work. They sent me to get one, since I have not had one since I was a teenager.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Allright thank you for the advices, my feet have a bump with little black dot where the nail went through. The bump was the one that weaken my walking, but today my feet seems getting better, I will keep my eye on it because one of my friend told me if it turn into the purple then go to doctor. I really hope it will cure sooner so I can do my house faster.

Thank you everyone again.

Been there and it is no fun! At first it just felt funny, as soon as I realize, damn! It hurts like... oh nevermind as you know the last word!

Just be thankful you didn't get nailed with this...

pp-nails.jpg

Talk about painful!

And yes, see a doctor! Stat!

Yiz

one word .....eeeewwwww.........

your poor foot! yes, please watch!
yizuman, what ARE those? <nope am NOT mechanically-oriented/crafty at all>

<okay so that was more than one word>

one word .....eeeewwwww.........

your poor foot! yes, please watch!
yizuman, what ARE those? <nope am NOT mechanically-oriented/crafty at all>

<okay so that was more than one word>

Those are crucifixion nails.

Also PuyoPiyo, the little black dot sounds bad to me. I also urge you to see a doctor for antibiotics and a tetanus shot.

Tetanus bacteria is always around. It exists in the soil. If you haven't have a tetanus shot lately, get one even if you're not injured. This is especially important for someone who lives where hurricanes hit. You could be injured cleaning up after the hurricane and unable to get immediate medical attention.

While you're at it get a pertussis booster, too.

Advice courtesy of mom!

Happens to me few times :roll:!!

Make sure you have a Tetanus shot and pain will be away about one to two weeks!

Take Easy! :D

Why are you waiting for the black dot to become purple?

You need to get a tetanus shot ASAP.

Been there and it is no fun! At first it just felt funny, as soon as I realize, damn! It hurts like... oh nevermind as you know the last word!

Yeah, no fun, I know..

Just be thankful you didn't get nailed with this...

pp-nails.jpg

Talk about painful!

And yes, see a doctor! Stat!

Yiz

Glad there are no nail like this around my house! ;)

Those are crucifixion nails.

Also PuyoPiyo, the little black dot sounds bad to me. I also urge you to see a doctor for antibiotics and a tetanus shot.

Well the little black dot turn into red right now..

Tetanus bacteria is always around. It exists in the soil. If you haven't have a tetanus shot lately, get one even if you're not injured. This is especially important for someone who lives where hurricanes hit. You could be injured cleaning up after the hurricane and unable to get immediate medical attention.

While you're at it get a pertussis booster, too.

Advice courtesy of mom!

Well I don't live in a hurriance target area, I live in the state of Washington. Thanks anyway :)

Happens to me few times :roll:!!

Make sure you have a Tetanus shot and pain will be away about one to two weeks!

Take Easy! :D

Sure sure, I will take it easy :)

Why are you waiting for the black dot to become purple?

You need to get a tetanus shot ASAP.

My friend mean the bump, if the bump become purple.

Today, my walking seems improving, I can walk normal even though I still feel the pain on my feet. The little dot become red now, so I think I will be fine and will be prepared for construction works.

Thank you everyone for the advices :)

Back