Aol Deaf Chat Room

thedeafcode

Reaction score
Hey need help me to e mail aol to have them have a deaf chat room set up! aol e mail is DegolladoE@aol.com that the supervisor of aol service. This is an example of something you can write to that supervisor at AOL.

Hello,
This is Harold Ambeau. I am deaf, and I have been deaf all my life. I have been with AOL service for quite some time. I started an organization called TheDeafCODE.com. This organization is for everyone: deaf people, family, students, and hearing people.

I notice there is no deaf chat room under people connection. I notice there is Black Voice, Gay & Lesbian, Latin and Puerto Rico, but no deaf listed there. There are a million deaf people who use AOL service to keep in touch with deaf friends, hearing friends, family, etc. The deaf world is huge and not a lot of hearing know about deaf culture, but we do know about black culture and we do know gay & lesbian culture and we do know hearing culture. The only thing that is left is Deaf culture.

I think it is time to add the deaf room in people connection in order to give everyone the opportunity to know about the deaf world and our culture. I would like to see this happen sometime soon. I believe I have talked to AOL service about this before and nothing has been done.

I have a strong ability to spread this situation with no problem. I can spread this word in my organization. I can spread this word on ***********.com, dallasdeafclub.org, alldeaf.com, deafnewspaper.com, deafnation.com, and theaslsocial.com. Word spreads so much better then it did a few years ago. We are using technology like AOL to keep in touch with others around us, deaf and hearing both. The deaf world is growing bigger today and we are giving you and AOL an opportunity to know our culture. I would like to hear something about this. Feedback from you would be wonderful and I will keep checking on getting a permanent deaf chatroom.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Harold
Thedeafcode.com

Dude u could have asked around, go to chat icon then go to private then type in deaf and then presto you're in, but forewarn you MOST immatures are in there and scrollers too. so it's up to u if you want to go in or not...

and lucia i agree fuck aol they kick poeple off and slow poeple down, but some poeple can't afford major internet stuff so sometimes it has to be that way.... be grateful they EVEN have a internet in the first place :)

not the point...

The point is, why don't they have a permanent public deaf chatroom on AOL? They have Gay and Lesbian chatrooms and Black Voice chatrooms and other chatrooms... so why not one for deaf chat?? Just looking for supporters to help get a permanent public deaf chatroom. If you agree, email the supervisor. If not, no worries. Don't waste your time replying if you don't agree.

The point is, why don't they have a permanent public deaf chatroom on AOL? They have Gay and Lesbian chatrooms and Black Voice chatrooms and other chatrooms... so why not one for deaf chat?? Just looking for supporters to help get a permanent public deaf chatroom. If you agree, email the supervisor. If not, no worries. Don't waste your time replying if you don't agree.

Honestly I dont know if it is such a good idea cuz it seems like the Nigerian scams are targeting the deaf community and its resources. I recently got an instant message on my aim from someone pretending to be deaf. That person said he/she got my aim screenname from deafconnect.com which I totally forgot about signing up for that 5 years ago. Then the person went on to say that she is a CEO and need transfer of money and BS BS..I immediately blocked that person. Now, if we create a permanment deafchat room, do u think that the people behind the Nigerian scams would take advantage of it?

So what if they do? The only way those people behind the scams get your info is if you give it to them. It's a chatroom... you're not passing out your life story, complete with personal information. I would hope we are all smarter than that, and know better than to give our personal information to someone we don't know.

We need to be more prominent in the world, more recognized. Right now, it feels like we are just in a corner. How are the hearing people going to learn about deaf culture or deaf people if we don't make it available in something easy to use, like a chatroom?

Dude u could have asked around, go to chat icon then go to private then type in deaf and then presto you're in, but forewarn you MOST immatures are in there and scrollers too. so it's up to u if you want to go in or not...

and lucia i agree fuck aol they kick poeple off and slow poeple down, but some poeple can't afford major internet stuff so sometimes it has to be that way.... be grateful they EVEN have a internet in the first place :)

at&t/sbcglobal is cheaper than AOL...AOL is $25.99 for DIAL-UP but for at&t/sbcglobal it only costs me $12.99 for DSL, which is faster than DIAL-UP.:eek3: I save money by not using AOL. :D

Welcome to DeafCHAT.com

There ya go. :roll:

at&t/sbcglobal is cheaper than AOL...AOL is $25.99 for DIAL-UP but for at&t/sbcglobal it only costs me $12.99 for DSL, which is faster than DIAL-UP.:eek3: I save money by not using AOL. :D
good point i stand corrected its been a while since i last used aol sorry :)

I don't see any point in using AOL. I used to have AOL and they screwed me over. They screwed my dad over as well. They gave him a hard time with his payments. My dad had his credit card on file so that they could simply charge him automatically every month. From time to time (every few months), they would freeze his account because my dad "didn't pay". He had to go through customer service for hours just to remind him that they already had his credit card on file.

Secondly, there's no need to make a permanent chat room. I'm sure anyone can do a search for a chatroom with the word "deaf" in it.

actually AOL become free after you get the DSL :) just change the plan to free AOL because you are using DSL *shrug*

AOL only charge those who want to use AOL's Dialup or AOL's Broadband.

I don't see any point in using AOL. I used to have AOL and they screwed me over. They screwed my dad over as well. They gave him a hard time with his payments. My dad had his credit card on file so that they could simply charge him automatically every month. From time to time (every few months), they would freeze his account because my dad "didn't pay". He had to go through customer service for hours just to remind him that they already had his credit card on file.

Secondly, there's no need to make a permanent chat room. I'm sure anyone can do a search for a chatroom with the word "deaf" in it.

Well, AOL is free now as long you have your own internet connection thru other cable or dsl provider.

Really? Even able to get into regular public chat rooms? I meant able to chat with AOL members there. Not a bot!!! I used to be a member of AOL long time ago and I really miss chat rooms there.

Well, AOL is free now as long you have your own internet connection thru other cable or dsl provider.

Last edited:

It was a good thing that after my credit card number was stolen (unrelated to AOL) and I had to cancel the old one and I was issued a new one, I never bothered to tell AOL the new credit card number as I was planning to cancel AOL anyway and also, seriously, if you call every month and tell them some kind of sob story, they will give you a month of free service. I did this for about 4-5 years and half the time I got out of paying! Hahaha.

actually AOL become free after you get the DSL :) just change the plan to free AOL because you are using DSL *shrug*

AOL only charge those who want to use AOL's Dialup or AOL's Broadband.

Yep, they began doing this about 6 months ago but I got tired of having the AOL software taking up space on my HDD, so I got rid of the whole thing. I hate their browser!

Yep, they began doing this about 6 months ago but I got tired of having the AOL software taking up space on my HDD, so I got rid of the whole thing. I hate their browser!
you still can access AOL without AOL software by using web browser :)

and AOL has new client called "AOL OpenRide"
AOL OpenRide Beta

click "Take the tour" to view video of what it can do. I can't use it since it is for windows only..

for mac, they have new software called AOL Cheshire AOL Greenhouse Product Info for Cheshire

It not about money. Since you have att/SBC, would you want att/SBC have a deaf chat room? My point is THE DEAF Culture, Give the hearing world an opportunity to know about deaf world and deaf culture...

It not about money. Since you have att/SBC, would you want att/SBC have a deaf chat room? My point is THE DEAF Culture, Give the hearing world an opportunity to know about deaf world and deaf culture...

The point is there are too man scam out there target on deaf and using deaf culture to get the money they are looking for. I rather stay out of it. I have had been bother with it. Now it had been quiet for a long time. I am glad. HYAY to scam.

If you want to set up your own website for deafchat. go for it. There is one in Welcome to DeafCHAT.com Have fun.

As for aol Kicking their butt I hate them. Thanks goodness no more for me.

I been there and its infected with hundreds of clonebots. Not really worth my time there.

Richard

i have been to the private room in AOL in the past.. It is not pretty sight when you get punted (that was stopped) then now clonebot and the immature scrollings. You wouldnt want to go in there and get your computer frozen. then you would have to reboot the computer. it sucks big time.. not worth my time anymore...

I still have AOL... its ok to me.. still have aol for almost 10 yrs.. never caused me any plms.. knocking on wood.. im surprised others had complaints about aol.. hmm.. ;)

i have been to the private room in AOL in the past.. It is not pretty sight when you get punted (that was stopped) then now clonebot and the immature scrollings. You wouldnt want to go in there and get your computer frozen. then you would have to reboot the computer. it sucks big time.. not worth my time anymore...

I still have AOL... its ok to me.. still have aol for almost 10 yrs.. never caused me any plms.. knocking on wood.. im surprised others had complaints about aol.. hmm.. ;)

In public chat room those wont happen.. that why we need a public chat room...

Back