What's your favorite vacation spot?

June 15-20th, go to Rochester, NY to take a class at RIT

June 27-July 2nd, go to St. Paul, Minn to visit Ms. Gitz at Mall of American then fly down to South Dakota for DWU conference

July 4-6, go to Kutztown, PA

Aug 3rd-9th go to Ocean City, NJ. :D

Hope, we will have a blast summer this year. Last summer, I worked two jobs which was really hell ! :(

If you visit Portland, Maine, please let us know. Silence Gold.

Portland, ME is about three hours to drive up there for me. I dislike seafood. ;)

This year, we deserve to have a blast summer ! ;)

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
Catalina Island Catalina Island Catalina Island Catalina Island you gotta go there and u'll love it and very relaxing place... to check what is that Island about... check their website at... http://www.catalina.com/

Where is that nearby? I am not familiar with that ??? Why didn't you take me there. :cry:

Don't worry, I will not bother you during the night time. I will be a good behave.

Sabrina

Re: Re: What's your favorite vacation spot?

Originally posted by PaxThoreau
I have been there several times. It is approximately 50 miles from my hometown. It is a quaint town, particularly beautiful in the fall with the blazing foliage. I think it is one of best-kept secrets in Pennsylvania.

My great-grandfather was from that town. His family moved to the town from a farm just a few miles south after the Civil War. It was formerly called Mauch Chunk. The town changed its name to honor Jim Thorpe, a famous Native American athlete. It was an attempt to revive tourism in the area, even though Jim Thorpe had no connection there. His remains are buried there.

A couple of links for anyone who is interested.

www.jimthorpe.net
www.jimthorpeassoc.org

How far from Reading and Allentown, PA ??

I will be in Kutztown, PA at Germany Fevestial.

I go there too! Have not been there for a while though...
Maybe this year I will make time to go there, because it is part of my heritage, the Pennsylvania Dutch. It's also near Dorney Park. ;)

Re: Re: Re: What's your favorite vacation spot?

Originally posted by Sabrina
How far from Reading and Allentown, PA ??

I will be in Kutztown, PA at Germany Fevestial.

Allentown is closer to Jim Thorpe. PA Turnpike (I-476), exit #74 Lehighton. After making the exit, you should see directions for the town. Enjoy.

I have been to the festival several times. Like Kuifje75, my family is part of the PA Dutch. My friend from PA and I talked about going to the festival, but I am not sure if I can go this year. If I go, it would be cool if we, the ADers, meet.

Dorney Park! :laugh2: It was always part of my summer plans until I left home for college. Many memories there.

Originally posted by Sabrina
Where is that nearby? I am not familiar with that ??? Why didn't you take me there. :cry:

Don't worry, I will not bother you during the night time. I will be a good behave.

Sabrina
it is off California coast... more likely off Los Angeles coast...

What is your favorite places for your vacation?

Niagara_Falls_Picture_2.jpg

I love go to the Niagara Falls in NY.

Niagara_Falls_Picture_17.jpg

Especially at night time with rainbow !

Niagara_Falls_Picture_12.jpg

very nice...

i love going to the moutains on the western side of North Carolina...very beauiful.

and of course, Florida...I've visited Tallenesse and Orlando in Florida. very cool.

Wow, that's beautiful! I love to go to BlackHill, South Dakota for a vacation. I guess it's the only one place I've gone recently with my own family. I've gone to Montana, but I don't consider it as a vacation, because it was only one full day (no overnight stay).

I guess I need to get out more often to share the world with my little sweeties. ;) I want to take my boys to Calfornia DisneyLand, Florida DisneyWorld, Canada Expo, and few others. I think it'll be fun for them to experience while they're still boys. ;)

my fave place was pretty much on the road doing route 66 ( hwy 40 parrells) seeing each states and its beauty! i was in NM and those adobe homes were a sight to see, but i have to say OATMAN AZ was something else that impacted me in such a big way! seeing those burros I just was totally floored seeing that! OH yah fly free can attest to that too!

Originally posted by javapride
my fave place was pretty much on the road doing route 66 ( hwy 40 parrells) seeing each states and its beauty! i was in NM and those adobe homes were a sight to see, but i have to say OATMAN AZ was something else that impacted me in such a big way! seeing those burros I just was totally floored seeing that! OH yah fly free can attest to that too!

:wave: hey hey Javapride!!!!

yep yep Oatman, AZ rocked! and i agree just being on the road checking out things is fun to do :thumb:

Originally posted by Fly Free
:wave: hey hey Javapride!!!!

yep yep Oatman, AZ rocked! and i agree just being on the road checking out things is fun to do :thumb:

there was ONE other thing that made me remmied..... middlegate NV on the route 50 the lonliness hwy in america, I remmied stopping there for bathroom break with fly free and i litterly droppped my :jaw: seeing only 17 poeple living there!

:rofl: yes yes i remmy that Javapride hahahahaha Rt 50 in NV is indeed the LONELIEST road in America! id drive on there again for the hell of it! and stop at that town and see how many ppl are left living there

Originally posted by Fly Free
:rofl: yes yes i remmy that Javapride hahahahaha Rt 50 in NV is indeed the LONELIEST road in America! id drive on there again for the hell of it! and stop at that town and see how many ppl are left living there

THANK u for spelling that right for me, I was half asleep and plus going down memory lane LOL! :lol:

Originally posted by javapride
THANK u for spelling that right for me, I was half asleep and plus going down memory lane LOL! :lol:

My recommend for your vacation to go to Seattle, WA! Plenty java with full load of CAFFEINE!!! To alert ur memory lane. :naughty:

Originally posted by Lasza
My recommend for your vacation to go to Seattle, WA! Plenty java with full load of CAFFEINE!!! To alert ur memory lane. :naughty:

I was in seattle washington BUT i didn t go to the starbucks headquaters due to another circumstances, I had to go testify in court for custody hearing of a friend of mine who was trying to get her kids back and she won the court ofc, as for me, I will attempt again when i do my 3rd usa tour and ofc make sure ALL states are touched! hehe :)

Back