B.A. Degree

I support minimum wage, based on inflation.

No one are deserved to work at $1 per hour, so having minimum wage is fair and I have no problem about have a separate minimum wage for teenagers (lower than adult minimum wage).

Wirelessly posted

In my opinion, that's ridiculous. You can't make ends meet with a file clerk career at $10. Even teacher's aide, those requirements are way to high for the job position.

Yes, I agree with your opinion about ridiculous to require a bachelor degree for file clerk.

If you use federal loan so you can ask for income based payment.

I think it should reversed if economy is completely recover from downfall and it will be very long time.

Yes, you are lucky to have a job at USPS.
But you have to understand that USPS clerks who work for more than 15 years make the same wage anywhere in the US. For example, an USPS clerk living in Arizona is richer than me due to its low cost of living, even though we get the same pay.

But you have to understand that USPS clerks who work for more than 15 years make the same wage anywhere in the US. For example, an USPS clerk living in Arizona is richer than me due to its low cost of living, even though we get the same pay.

That's still better than $8 per hour at McDonald's in CA and you should glad that you don't live in NYC - more expensive than LA.

By my philosophies, I believe that every workers are deserved to get a better pay and good benefits, so I'm not against on you to making $25 per hour.

Yup, AZ is cheaper but CA has many awesome interests, especially geographic and climate.

Wirelessly posted

In my opinion, that's ridiculous. You can't make ends meet with a file clerk career at $10. Even teacher's aide, those requirements are way to high for the job position.

a file clerk job position is not intended to be a long term type but more of a starting point for anybody to begin their career. typical life expectancy for a file clerk is probably up to 6-12 months.

That number doesn't sound right. Are you sure it is on grad rates, because it is implying that 86% of US students who attempt college, flunk and drop out of undergrad. That means like 1 in 10 students will pass college?

It sounds like there is another condition or something else involved, but I can't put my finger on it.

Where do you get that number? Does the spread sheet take into account those who entered college?

a file clerk job position is not intended to be a long term type but more of a starting point for anybody to begin their career. typical life expectancy for a file clerk is probably up to 6-12 months.

Correct! It's meant to be a leaping stone type of job. Unfortunately many of us end up being content with that instead of actually doing the extra that it takes to get promoted.

Correct! It's meant to be a leaping stone type of job. Unfortunately many of us end up being content with that instead of actually doing the extra that it takes to get promoted.

it's a dang shame. that's why I push them and motivate them.

What? A file clerk will die after 12 months? :lol:

What? A file clerk will die after 12 months? :lol:

in business context - it means how long a person typically lasts in that particular job. you could call it as "high-turnover rate".

it's same for burn unit nurse job and NYC social service worker for abused children. they couldn't handle the screaming :(

Is it better to say about high turnover rate?

it's same thing anyway in layman's term but what about for people who are unfamiliar with business terms?

it's same thing anyway in layman's term but what about for people who are unfamiliar with business terms?

No idea.

I perfectly understand your post about life expectancy in business context - it isn't same as population age context.

I can't believe that CP ask you because I thought he should know about it.

Today, only 14% of U.S. students graduate from four year, higher education as of 2012.

Where do you get that number? Does the spread sheet take into account those who entered college?

The question is where did you get 14%? Did you calculate that or was that inferred from somewhere?

I took the null hypothesis of your statement. You had quoted a source earlier saying 14% of undergrads are successful.

100% - 14% (success) = 86% (fail), which is equivalent to 8.6 rounded up = 9 of 10 who fail undergrad, or 1 in 10 who pass. A closer value in saying 14% graduate is only 2 of 30 undergraduates passed college. That can't be right, the value has to be an anomaly.

I would guess that in these times there are more people graduating than that, at least 5-8 (50-80%) of 10 seems more representative.

No idea.

I perfectly understand your post about life expectancy in business context - it isn't same as population age context.

I can't believe that CP ask you because I thought he should know about it.

I think he was joking :dunno2:

Back