Looking for a friend! I am Deaf

Shoshana

Reaction score
Hey, I am looking for another Deaf person to build a friendship with!

Here is a little bit about me:

I am 20 year old female college student, studying for graphic design and possibly to get my dog training certification. I am Deaf, use sign and voice because I was raised oral and I'm the only Deaf person in my family.

I LOVE dogs, and have two yellow labs. I love spending my free time volunteering and helping people.

Send me a message if u want to chat :)

Hi Shoshana,
Hope you are enjoying the Summer at beautiful
West Palm Beach. I am CoolMikey from Houston, TX.
Nice chatting you. Interesting brief bio. Have Fun friend.

Yea, I don't use the implant ever anymore but they can't take it out :(

wow did u ever asked for the ci in first place or did ur parents decide ? i almost got mine but lucky parents decide not to !

I was implanted when I was 14, so was up to my parents. I want to get it out b they can't :(

Having had my Cochlear Implant 5 years-I have some trouble understanding exactly what "trouble" you experienced with yours?
Do you "feel" that the surgeon made "some error" installing?
aside: Bilateral DEAF since December 20, 2006- I am late deafened as I passed my 70th birthday when all of this happened.

Also from the past experience of Sunnybrook/Cochlear Implant section/Toronto since 1984- 1000 implanted out of 3000 considered with 18 didn't "experience much assistance". Note: info from recent patients meeting late last year.

A little surprise-the "local Deaf community" not apparently more "friendly".

Wirelessly posted (Badboiz84)

Shoshana said:
I was implanted when I was 14, so was up to my parents. I want to get it out b they can't :(

Its ok as long u are real.

Im looking for a friend as well, Im HoH

Hey there I would love to become friends with you, chat and what not, and mostly importantly, learn from you. Let me know if you would interested in chatting, take care, Ryan

im HOH as well, its hard in military life or regular life to even find someone to start having a relationship with :/

Hi I am looking for a friend to chat with also.my name is Tina , I am profound deaf.how r u this evening n where do u live?:wave:

Hello! I am looking for friends as well :) If you guys are interested in chatting just let me know :) A little about myself... I am 19 and HOH. I have two hearing aids though they keep having problems. I am fluent in sign or at least, I was. I am the only one in my family who signs so i am a bit out of practice. I am also a college student :) And I train in the martial arts :)

Hello. I am a 14 year old homeschooled student taking ASL for my first year of highschool, I am currently looking for someone to practice my signing with. I don't know many signs and i am not used to signing but i would like to be able to interact with someone. If you are interested please let me know

Good luck with the graphic design world I have found out very competitive. But rewarding.

Hello. I am a 14 year old homeschooled student taking ASL for my first year of highschool, I am currently looking for someone to practice my signing with. I don't know many signs and i am not used to signing but i would like to be able to interact with someone. If you are interested please let me know

I'm hearing and homeschooled and learning ASL I'd love to help you out! :)

Back