Arizona to Secede?

Steinhauer

Reaction score
Just some interesting information ... mostly internet buzz:

Arizona Secession Bill:

HCR2034 - 442R - I Ver

In Arizona, the Lines of Secession are Being Drawn DumpDC

by D. Scott Anthony

(Editor’s Note: This Arizona situation is a precursor to future events relating to the relationship between states and Washington. Watch carefully how this unfolds, friends. Will Washington just make some noise at first, and allow this to settle down later? Or will the criminals in DC continue to escalate the pressure on Arizona? Both sides must ask: Is this a hill I want to die on?

This editor is predicting that many more of these confrontational situations are just over the horizon. Many states have already taken stands against various Federal laws. Scores of states have joined in the legal action against Washington over the new health care law. Now we just have to wait to see which states will “man up”…or in Texas, “cowboy up”…and take back their sovereignty. It’s one thing to have your pretty-boy lawyers prance into court and argue. It’s another thing entirely to pass a Declaration of Independence, followed by an Ordinance of Secession. Time will show us just which states are full of patriots and free men.)

Arizona is suffering under a wave of violence and crime, as a direct result of the federal government’s inability to control the border with Mexico. With Phoenix experiencing one drug-related kidnapping every 36 hours, the people of Arizona felt the need to protect themselves by counteracting the daily influx of illegal immigrants.

Most Arizonans believe that this law, which will allow police to determine the immigration status of people who are already being questioned legally by the police, is constitutional. And I agree with them. It is true that immigration laws are federal laws. So are laws regarding drug use. Just because a federal statue exists, it does not mean state and local governments cannot pass local laws which mirror the federal guideline, just as long as those laws do not contradict the federal statute.

Other states are considering similar measures, but it will have to be seen how many can muster the popular support to pass their own version of Arizona’s law. Whether or not these measures pass, this shows that many people throughout the country are sympathetic to the plight of Arizona.

But many Americans on the left are not content to allow Arizonans practicing their constitutional rights. Boycotts are springing up in california and other places, to punish Arizona for their actions. This is a disturbing and dangerous trend of isolating and marginalizing Americans who, while acting legally, violate the political correct code of the left. The left is becoming the party of enforced conformity. Whether on gay marriage, abortion, illegal immigration, race-based preferences, or any number of other issues; the left is adamant to enforce their will on the nation.

I believe the Arizona law will stand, and be a real benefit in bringing down the crime rate, and the illegal immigrant population. But the left will continue to treat Arizona (and other states which pass similar measures) as if they were South Africa during apartheid.

Boycotts and embargoes between nations is a very serious and potentially dangerous matter. Such actions are usually a sign of worsening relations, and often a precusor to confrontation or even war. The left is taking measures against Arizona that the us has only rarely pursued — against Japan in the 1930s, against South Africa in the 1080s, and currently against Iran and Cuba.

Such treatment of American citizens who disagree with the left on a political issue is frightening, and hints at the actions the left will take against any entity or individual who defies them. More immediately, it delineates the line between traditional Americans and leftist Americans. It is the line that will one day, perhaps sooner than expected, mark the boundary between two separate nations.

Copyright 2010 newsvine.com

whenever I hear about a state wanting to secede.... I go

1273135771946.png

*it's a pix of comical drawing of stickman behind a computer, with mouth wide opened, saying "HA!"

whenever I hear about a state wanting to secede.... I go

1273135771946.png

*it's a pix of comical drawing of stickman behind a computer, with mouth wide opened, saying "HA!"

LOL! Not gonna happen.

Let's say it does happen, what are the implications?

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:
Let's say it does happen, what are the implications?

Texas would make a lot of noise.

Drug-related violence in AZ and elsewhere will increase tenfold due to disruption in the supply distribution.

Latinos would probably flee in fear of prosection.

Cartels probably would take advantage of the civil disorders and use it as a cover for their covert operations.

Wirelessly posted

Texas would make a lot of noise.

Drug-related violence in AZ and elsewhere will increase tenfold due to disruption in the supply distribution.

Latinos would probably flee in fear of prosection.

Cartels probably would take advantage of the civil disorders and use it as a cover for their covert operations.

AZ will be broke due no money and they have increase their tax that similar to Europe, especially UK.

Problem is Glenn, the federal govt is already broke and keeps getting deeper into debt even faster with the help of Obama. So, what would the incentive be for Arizona to stay with the Union if they feel they are being oppressed by their own federal govt?

This is called the United States...a union of 50 states together to make up as one country. Each state has their own laws and regulations different with other states along with federal laws that all states have. There is nothing illegal about secceeding unless you are saying that once your "join a club you can never leave"..?

In fact, early on in our history we demanded and seceeded from an overbearing government, the British, in 1776 as outlined in the Declaration of Independence:

… that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government …

They'd go broke in a hurry because they'd no longer be eligible to receive federal funds for anything.

Umm.....but they would have all those funds they pay in. :shrug:

I would predict 34 other states would secede if Arizona did. Then we would go state by state and deport the liberals to Ohio.

By "we" I mean Georgia would secede too.

I would predict 34 other states would secede if Arizona did. Then we would go state by state and deport the liberals to Ohio.

Hey don't be sending them all to me. Put them in Cali were they belong.:giggle:

But seriously didn't Texas threaten to do this not long ago. It will never happen

By "we" I mean Georgia would secede too.

Your post is just silly.

Hey don't be sending them all to me. Put them in Cali were they belong.:giggle:

But seriously didn't Texas threaten to do this not long ago. It will never happen

Don't put in any states, they should stay in state that where they are belong to, regardless on political issues and if they don't agree so they can move on their own instead of deport.

Don't put in any states, they should stay in state that where they are belong to, regardless on political issues and if they don't agree so they can move on their own instead of deport.

I was being sarcastic. I will never support forcing people to move from their homes.

I say shoot 'em all.

Then nuke ourselves because we can't have our grandchildren diverging from our train of thought!

Back