are peppers toxic

ella

Reaction score
my dog got into a yellow pepper.. the non hot ones.. when i was sleeping , are they toxic. I mean she hasn't changed shes still herself she isn't ,mopping around or vomiting .. she pooped and it looked normal ..from the onion she got into yesterday night i don't know how she gets these fruits and vegetables.

My dog eat ALMOST anything EVEN vegtables! She hates green beans! Too funny! She would eat almost any veggies and some fruits..but haven't try most of it. I would not give her grapes, rasisns (they are made from grapes, that does make sense), chocolate...but onion..I didn't know. I did researched and it never said onions are toxic to the dogs. I will call my puppy's vet or I'll see them next weekend since she have next last shot.
tegumi said:
Onions ARE toxic, as for the peppers im not sure...

Mama2AFTIV said:
My dog eat ALMOST anything EVEN vegtables! She hates green beans! Too funny! She would eat almost any veggies and some fruits..but haven't try most of it. I would not give her grapes, rasisns (they are made from grapes, that does make sense), chocolate...but onion..I didn't know. I did researched and it never said onions are toxic to the dogs. I will call my puppy's vet or I'll see them next weekend since she have next last shot.

Check this link...

http://www.petalia.com.au/Templates/StoryTemplate_Process.cfm?specie=Dogs&story_no=257

Wow...... I didnt know Macadamia nuts were toxic, and some parts of potatoes, tomatoes, etc!! :shock:

If I was you. I would not put the foods where the dog can reach. Keep all the foods in a hidden place wher the dog cant reach or get in. Good luck!! I have nothing on my counter or table for my dog to get it. Funny my dog dont get into my garbarge.

ella said:
my dog got into a yellow pepper.. the non hot ones.. when i was sleeping , are they toxic. I mean she hasn't changed shes still herself she isn't ,mopping around or vomiting .. she pooped and it looked normal ..from the onion she got into yesterday night i don't know how she gets these fruits and vegetables.

Nope. My parrots love them.

The capsicum in chili peppers is actually very healthy and has seen usage as a dietary suppliment and pain reliever.

Feed a hot pepper to a parrot and he'll be your friend for life. Feed me a hot pepper and I'll be your friend for life, for that matter.

brianb

And here's Bella, Australian Shepherd:

mom12235.jpg

Fuzzy

ps somebody asked- "do they sell Aussies" :) - seriously, they do but why not get one from here and give her/him loving home:

http://aussierescue.leepfrog.com/

What a beautiful dog! She is pretty big isn't she? Mine will be into medieum. Right now she is still puppy...almost 5 months old! Tahoe eat almost ANYTHING execpt green beans! LOL! I still won't give any bad food that are bad for dogs. She almost snapped my chocolate chip cookie last night and told her NO! She back off and stared at me! What a crazy puppy!

Audiofuzzy said:
And here's Bella, Australian Shepherd:

mom12235.jpg

Fuzzy

ps somebody asked- "do they sell Aussies" :) - seriously, they do but why not get one from here and give her/him loving home:

http://aussierescue.leepfrog.com/

hey, I would swear I posted this somewhere entirely else !!?? yikes? am I going crazy (nails biting, teeth chatter).. or what ?!!

Thanks, Mama2AFTIV.
yep the pups will eat anything, even pills if they fall on the floor, lol. one must watch them like a hawk.
They do stare ain't they :) it's so funny. They stare and stare.. but that's how they learn, so that's OK. And that's how they communicate. Staring is a powerful medium of communicating for the dog.
Just think how many tasty morsels of food ends up in a dog's jaws instead of your own, huh? lolololol.. these staring eyes.. yep, very persuasive.. :)

May I recommend an excellent book about dogs and their behaviour? I found it very, very helpful with my dogs.
It's called:

http://www.k9magazinefree.com/k9_perspective/iss13p20.shtml

Really great and simply written.

Fuzzy

Thanks for the link...I might swing by library tomorrow without my kid under my feet.

Yeah...Tahoe does stare all the time..even she act so funny! One night I turned volume higher and higher..she was puzzled and moved her ear few times. She'll go like "What's going on?!"

I was told that when the dog turn around 1 and will don't like some food. So I'll wait and see when Tahoe turns one next April 2006.

You may see my pup on my avaitor (sp). That's my Tahoe! She was younger when the picture was taken. Now almost 5 months old. And very mama's baby! :giggle:

Audiofuzzy said:
hey, I would swear I posted this somewhere entirely else !!?? yikes? am I going crazy (nails biting, teeth chatter).. or what ?!!

Thanks, Mama2AFTIV.
yep the pups will eat anything, even pills if they fall on the floor, lol. one must watch them like a hawk.
They do stare ain't they :) it's so funny. They stare and stare.. but that's how they learn, so that's OK. And that's how they communicate. Staring is a powerful medium of communicating for the dog.
Just think how many tasty morsels of food ends up in a dog's jaws instead of your own, huh? lolololol.. these staring eyes.. yep, very persuasive.. :)

May I recommend an excellent book about dogs and their behaviour? I found it very, very helpful with my dogs.
It's called:

http://www.k9magazinefree.com/k9_perspective/iss13p20.shtml

Really great and simply written.

Fuzzy

Yes she is full pure breed Jack Russell Terrier! I've always wanted one.My bf kicked me out of the house because he said so! So I went to Wal Mart and got paged said to come back here. I was like WTF!?! He said come back home. I said oh allrighty. I drove home and I grabbed to get camera. We drove about an hour away (first we got gas) and saw the Amish family. It was neat to see them riding in their buggy with small horse! Anyway Mommy JRT has 8 puppies! He sure did surprised me! We got her at around 8 weeks old. :)

Audiofuzzy said:
She's so CUTE!! Seem to me she's Jack Russell, isn't she?

Fuzzy

my dog is garbage picker she got into yogurt today i caught her and yelled at her to get out and I startled her. she came out with yogurt on her eye and mouth so i had to clean her face up ... she going to make herself sick one these days. I think im going find a new place for the garbage.

Back