Deaf Alarm

Oc318

Reaction score
How do people wake up in the morning when they can't hear the alarm? I've not had a 9-5 kind of job since I was deaf, but I'm interested to know in case I need to have one in the future.

there are lots of threads on alarm clocks ..try the search button :)

Thanks... it didn't work earlier. I think immediately after you register the search function doesn't turn up anything (or something like that) because I definitely searched after I registered and nothing came up :P

Try your best friend called Google, type in their field Deaf alarm clock and you will get bunch of information. Why do you need us to do all dirty work for you?

Try your best friend called Google, type in their field Deaf alarm clock and you will get bunch of information. Why do you need us to do all dirty work for you?

Lol.. the search worked after I got approved.. and Google.. is full of links from people who are trying to sell stuff and might not be impartial. Never know who is trying to sell stuff and who is not.

At least here you know there are people who have actually used one (or use one) and so might get a less partial opinion.

Why need approval for search engine? I never heard of it.

Since your new here, which gave me reasonable doubts of who you really are and what you are really up to.

Lol.. the search worked after I got approved.. and Google.. is full of links from people who are trying to sell stuff and might not be impartial. Never know who is trying to sell stuff and who is not.

At least here you know there are people who have actually used one (or use one) and so might get a less partial opinion.

SonicAlert Sonic Boom Alarm clock :)

photo0016.jpg

To see if it works when I'm asleep...

I don't use alarm clock at all. I always woke up before alert start. So, I give up on it. I use very rarely when it's very very early.

Since your new here, which gave me reasonable doubts of who you really are and what you are really up to.

Take it easy. He was talking about using the search engine right here on AD (not Google) -- sometimes being unregistered or new doesn't give the same results.

deep breath.

take-a-deep-breath-enjoy-nature.jpg

I have sleep disorder that screws up everything in addition to the lack of hearing. I am tooled up with a bunch of bedshaker alarms I got from Harris Communications. They sent them out promplty and were super nice people to deal with. The small vibration gizmo's work surprisingly well. Beat the heck out of having an alarm siren going off that wakes up everyone for a large distance around except me.

deep breath.

take-a-deep-breath-enjoy-nature.jpg

I smell this pretty fur black and white creature allllllll the time. I have a very close one that this cutesy fur kid was pretty close to me but i stayed in my car and honked it. i guess it did work that this fur kid ran way.

I smell this pretty fur black and white creature allllllll the time. I have a very close one that this cutesy fur kid was pretty close to me but i stayed in my car and honked it. i guess it did work that this fur kid ran way.

I like that, fur kid... smiles

Happened to me.

Did make an introductory post but it's still under moderation. Anyway am going with this :

http://s10.postimage.org/8hxjy7x2h/photo0016.jpg

To see how it works :)

Good luck with that...I prefer Sonic Boom myself. I'm hoping they'll release another model soon that just picks me up and slams me against the side of the wall so I don't snooze through.....

Laura

The problem got so bad for me I bought 3 clocks with bedshaker alarms- one was the Sonic boom. It is okay just kind of obnoxious for me. I like the other two best and one is set up for two bedshakers so I take the bedshaker from the Sonic Boom for it. With two clocks I am ready and double ready.

I'm not deaf, but all I need is the vibration of my phone's alarm to wake me up. I don't wake up to sounds or music. The vibration is much easier and softer for me.

Not talking about google....he said All Deaf search function and then google when he searches, he doesn't find reviews on alarm clocks, just ones being sold.

Back