How do you control your "dark moods" when you're PMS'ing?

Mintee

Reaction score
i noticed that lately-every time before i get my period, i get really moody, bitchy, depressed, etc. i have never felt this way before

what do you do to combat these nasty effects of PMS?

I almost lost patience with my students today because of stupid PMS. I just am very bitchy. I dont know how to get over it. :(

Get lots of sleep, eat well, avoid too much sugar or caffeine and stay away from people as much as possible.

Wirelessly posted

splurge yourself to anything that taste amazing it work wonder for mood lol

Wirelessly posted

splurge yourself to anything that taste amazing it work wonder for mood lol

i have been doing that today and i'm in a much better mood than i was yesterday.

also i found out that eating a bar of chocolate helps!! it's supposed to trigger the release of endorphins the feel-good chemical :D

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I just hide the bodies.

Get lots of sleep, eat well, avoid too much sugar or caffeine and stay away from people as much as possible.

I wish I could stay away from people but as a teacher, I work with people so it is a challenge during PMS not to snap at the students and my coworkers.

My PMS days were terrible...and I felt sorry for anybody who crossed me the wrong way...:giggle:...At one time, I actually threw out all of our clothes because we had so many and I did not have enough hangers for them!...Everything got on my nerves...so I was avoided as much as possible at those times.

Yes, rockin'robin...it is like my nerves become totally totally shot during PMS even if my life is going well. Pardon the pun with the gun thing...:lol:

I dont understand it!!!!??????

You can tell that I am seriously PMSing now..I am PISSSED off about PMS itself while PMSing.

i have been doing that today and i'm in a much better mood than i was yesterday.

also i found out that eating a bar of chocolate helps!! it's supposed to trigger the release of endorphins the feel-good chemical :D

that's what shooting does. a good release of endorphins.

Erm I try and eat chocolate and try my best to avoid arguments. I can be really bitchy and irritable!! When I'm PMS'ing, even people touching me gets on my nerves, it can be very hard at work with 1 1/2 years olds crawling over me when I can't stand people touching me. And waiting does my head in, I easily blow and snap at people.

My moods have definately improved since my teen years and since going on the Pill. I used to have severe mood swings, I actually had to move out and move in with my grandparents at the worst point for almost 2 weeks because my mum and I just didn't get on!!

I have an app on my phone that records my moods, cramps, periods, and even my sex life! Anyways, I've noticed a pattern of when I feel irritable and moody...7 days before my period...almost every time. So that helps to know because I can plan better, such as not plan a long trip with kids, etc...avoid more stress when possible. Believe it or not, your food choices can help...that's why many women get cravings. Increase diary products has shown to help...yogurt, cheese, milkshake...of course, watch your portions and balance the meals. Avoid heavy starched food and eat less meat. Be careful with food that causes bloating. And most important of all...drink water.

What app is that DBG? It seems like in the last few years the side effects of PMS are gtetting worse. Since as a teen, I almost never had the iritability or mood swings, just tireness and crampiness. Now, I feel like my patience level is just not as high during PMS as it used to be. It is no fun.

I know the feelings. Not bad now as it used to be before when my hormones was out of control. Look last few days, yeah I had weird moody and I told my hubby to be nice to me and not say one negative word to me at all. He has been doing good with it for last few years. Now I am back to normal, whew feel good to feel stable and happier. I wish it is alike that always. I enjoyed 3 years of no menses because no pms but doctor said no no no, must have it so I am taking medicine to keep menses then realize dealing with pms is not so bad as it used to be before when I was younger. Drink alot of water, sleep alot, eat balance food and go out to do something you love. Sorry it sucks to be a woman sometime. Do not let PMS control your life and be in control of it and defeat it. :)

Back