Love or hate Valentine's Day?

MDCodeRedFreak

Reaction score
Which?

For me, I hate Valentine's Day, period. I'm thinking about smoking cigarettes and getting drunk at some bar.

Smoking cigarettes and getting drunk on Valentine's day? Try something different-go swimming instead.

Valentine's Day is special to us...as most all Holidays are. It's also a day to say "I Love You" and you are special to me....

Haven't spend on Valentine's since 1995. Is that a curse? I didn't ever think about it.

This year's Valentine Day is hard for me. It's hard because there is snow today in Chicago area. I cannot go out and test drive a turbocharged vehicle. You know how deprived a red neck guy can get not getting an opportunity to drive a car with turbo engine.

I'm indifferent to it having had both good and bad days so I don't love or hate it. I would say that xmas is a better commercial holiday, IMO.

This year's Valentine Day is hard for me. It's hard because there is snow today in Chicago area. I cannot go out and test drive a turbocharged vehicle. You know how deprived a red neck guy can get not getting an opportunity to drive a car with turbo engine.

hard for you? lol its February and there is snow in Chicago? surprise surprise hahahaa you new to Chicago? Last year at this time there was over 2 feet of snow in Chicago, you should be happy there isnt right now

hard for you? lol its February and there is snow in Chicago? surprise surprise hahahaa you new to Chicago? Last year at this time there was over 2 feet of snow in Chicago, you should be happy there isnt right now

I'm not new to Chicago. Yes, I remember the blizzard from last year. It does put things in perspective.

Yes, Chicago, February, snow.....call it normal for Chicago folks. I feel sooooo at home....

I love Valentine's Day :) It's not the only day of the year to say, I love you, it ought to be practiced daily! My first Valentine's sharing it with someone special. I am delighted to have him in my life :)

Most of the holidays annoy me at best, but I try to see the good in them. For example, valentines day has a very important purpose, that being all the chocolates packaged in cutesy pink/heart-shaped/otherwise thematic crap, which stores really want off the shelves shortly after. So they start slashing prices on perfectly good crack cocaine. I mean chocolate. Anyway. Feb 15 is a beautiful, beautiful, day. As are Dec 26, Nov 1, and wherever the day after Easter falls.

easter.jpg

I'm having an anti-Valentine's Day dinner tonight at my house. Lasagna, garlic bread, and some salad. Got 2 couples and 8 single people coming. It's becoming a tradition and a nice way for singles to get together without the pressure since some couples are also "whatever" about Valentine's Day, so it isn't like it's a singles party. It's a blast. In fact, I need to get a bigger house. My dinner parties get bigger every year. People are gonna have to sit on the floor....

hate it. I just treat Feb. 14 as a normal regular day myself, nothing special.

ooo Daredevel, lasagna sounds good! I'd have some, but I think I'm too sick for it tonight. stupid cold.

Back