Hearing Aid "Jewelry"

Nancy

Reaction score
I just thought this was kind of interesting. :) Would like a trial for my own BTE if I could. :) -- Nancy :)

From URL: http://www.healthyhearing.com/askexpert/displayquestion.asp?id=229&catid=1043

Hearing Aid “Jewelry”
1/17/2005
Carolyn Jaret, M.S., CCC-A

My hearing loss group wants information about decorative “jewelry” for BTE hearing aids and decorative covers. If you have any information it would be appreciated.

''Simply Earresistibles'' is a line of behind-the-ear haring aid covers, that turn ordinary behind-the-ear hearing aids into ''works of art.'' Many of the designs were originally conceived for use by children, but quite a few have been designed for adults, including a variety of styles with rhinestones on them. ''Simply Earresistibles'' are affordably priced, so that an individual can have different pieces to match different outfits. For more information, or to place an order, please call Carolyn Jaret toll-free (877) 856-0234.

Carolyn Jaret, MS, CCC-A has been an audiologist in her own private practice, El Dorado Audiology in Tucson, Arizona, for 8 1/2 years. In an effort to make behind-the-ear hearing aids more ''socially acceptable'', she began ''Simply Earresistibles'', a line of decorative behind-the-ear hearing aid covers, that turn behind-the-ear hearing aids into jewelry. An additional aspect of her business is ''The Organized Audiologist'', which carries the ''Hearing Aid Cable Organizer'' — a product developed to prevent audiologists from being ''tied up in knots when they program hearing aids.''

I wish there was a website to see the aid covers. It's hard to get an idear of what they look like without some descriptors. There is that earwear site....DAYM I want the leopard print ones that they sell there !!!! One thing that I do to decorate my aids, is that I found some cool beaded beads (a bead made up of tiny little beads) that go right on the tubing of my hearing aids. I also have little charms that go on the earhook of my aid. (I have a little jewrey ciricle thing that I clip the charms to....looks VERY cool!) You can get cool clip on charms at Claire's.
I gotta say that this post is yet another reason why I encourage parents of dhh kids to also involve their kids in Deaf culture.....I mean HOW many times can you read about the latest hearing aids/ALDs/ and how to read an audiogram before it gets really boring? No wonder so many raised oral-only kids get recruited by our camp!!!!!

It is an old thread back in 2005, so whoever put it want to get some feedback about the jewelry for the behind the hearing aid. For me I would love to have some color on the behind the ear hearing aid like blue.

I know of a site - but it isn't the one that is in that link..so I was wondering if there was another company with other products..

I will get the address and post it..

I did click the link and it says " The page can not be found " :dunno:

Both Nancy and deafdyke are out of date and look at the top left corner of the thread that the year was 2005. That is why there is no link on the website for the jewelry. Someone want to put it there for a reason and also there is another thread that was out of date, too. I don't know if it is a prank or just want to see if you are interest in the topic of the jewelry. :dunno: and :crazy:

I was wondering about that becauseI am a jewellery artist and I have made some hearing aid jewellery for myself. I have done some selling online - not much and I don't market it, so it's been word of mouth - but I did wonder about this product that is mentioned in the post above. I was wondering what else is out there. I have seen some pieces - there were some really soft rubbery things that were made in Germany - I saw them back in the 90's - but they were really cheap and broke very easily - they were little animals and things - sent to me by one of the HA manufacturers who were looking at what I was making - though no one ever did end up actually helping me out with this project, so it remains my own private little art project.

I was surprised to see this link here - but I am wanting to be respectful of the social culture of the site here and not use it to try to sell anything - that dosen't seem right. But I did wonder if anyone actually saw what they are selling?

eh I'm happy with putting nail decor stickers onto my BTE. :) Right now I have 3 smiley faces on my BTE.

I haven't found any small enough, and I'm too lazy to clip any. :) I'm happy with the nail stickers though.

Carolyn Jaret (featured in the article Nancy posted about) has a website: The Organized Audiologist.

But, I am not sure if the website is currently servicing, but I would advise you to call the toll-free number listed on the website (you would probably need to contact them through the relay services).

Thanks so much for the link Brian. It actually looks like she is selling my pieces! (the website says she is distributing Earwear - which I have the trademark for) - so I guess that those must be mine!) My company is called Earwear, and I did sell quite a bit to an audiologist about 5 years ago!! I thought she was doing something different, but she isn't.

I started a blog a few weeks ago cause I did up some new designs and I really should make more of an effort.

EARWEAR

EarWear fashion hearing aid accessories - Wear it with pride!

click on pics for close-up. The one on the left is made of pewter - it's a cat with a blue bow - and the tail swings! On the right is a banana - and I made a T-shirt that says "I can't hear you, I have a banana in my ear" from the old Sesame Street joke.

Attachments

• cat_on_ear_small.jpg
    cat_on_ear_small.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 47
  • earwearbubbles.jpg
    earwearbubbles.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 30
Thank you for posting the earwear site. Very cute. It had a link to another site that I found so interesting - the Nth degree.

The Nth Degree

I really enjoyed the info and sayings. Under writing is a page called It's a Human Thing. Interesting web site.

Vallee - did you see the T-shirts? They are so funny! And I got a button for my hearing ear guide dog that says "Meet me after work for some heavy petting" Really funny - though not big enough - people are always trying to pet him! It really is a great site!

Is there a forum here to share interesting sites?

Vallee - did you see the T-shirts? They are so funny! And I got a button for my hearing ear guide dog that says "Meet me after work for some heavy petting" Really funny - though not big enough - people are always trying to pet him! It really is a great site!

Is there a forum here to share interesting sites?

I love it too. I wanted too many of the shirts as well. We have to check for a that part of the forum.

I just thought this was kind of interesting. :) Would like a trial for my own BTE if I could. :) -- Nancy :)

From URL: http://www.healthyhearing.com/askexpert/displayquestion.asp?id=229&catid=1043

Hearing Aid “Jewelry”
1/17/2005
Carolyn Jaret, M.S., CCC-A

My hearing loss group wants information about decorative “jewelry” for BTE hearing aids and decorative covers. If you have any information it would be appreciated.

''Simply Earresistibles'' is a line of behind-the-ear haring aid covers, that turn ordinary behind-the-ear hearing aids into ''works of art.'' Many of the designs were originally conceived for use by children, but quite a few have been designed for adults, including a variety of styles with rhinestones on them. ''Simply Earresistibles'' are affordably priced, so that an individual can have different pieces to match different outfits. For more information, or to place an order, please call Carolyn Jaret toll-free (877) 856-0234.

Carolyn Jaret, MS, CCC-A has been an audiologist in her own private practice, El Dorado Audiology in Tucson, Arizona, for 8 1/2 years. In an effort to make behind-the-ear hearing aids more ''socially acceptable'', she began ''Simply Earresistibles'', a line of decorative behind-the-ear hearing aid covers, that turn behind-the-ear hearing aids into jewelry. An additional aspect of her business is ''The Organized Audiologist'', which carries the ''Hearing Aid Cable Organizer'' — a product developed to prevent audiologists from being ''tied up in knots when they program hearing aids.''
It is now at;
Ask-The-Experts About Hearing Aids: Hearing Aid “Jewelry”

and also
Audiology Online: hearing aid “jewelry”

Back