GingRICH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
Inside Newt Gingrich's tax return - Jan. 19, 2012
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich was the first over the line in the Great Tax Return Race of 2012.

On Thursday night, just as the final debate before South Carolina's Republican primary was getting underway, Gingrich posted online the 2010 joint federal tax return he filed with his wife, Callista.

That's the percentage of the couple's total income -- $3,162,424 -- they owed in federal income taxes. Their total tax bill was $994,708.

Gingrich's opponent Mitt Romney said this week that he estimates his effective federal tax rate is about 15% -- a number driven down by Romney's millions in investment income, which is typically taxed at a lower rate than ordinary income such as a salary.

By contrast, the vast majority of Gingrich's income -- more than $2.5 million -- came from money he earned from his businesses, the biggest of which is Gingrich Productions. And it's likely that at least a portion of that income was taxed at ordinary income tax rates, which run as high as 35%.

At the CNN debate Thursday, Romney again said he would release his 2011 tax return when it is completed in April, and added that he may also release returns from prior years as well.

In addition to his businesses, Gingrich drew income from speaking and board of director fees, a rental property, and from his many stocks, mutual funds and certificates of deposit.

Gingrich's return also showed that he paid close to $20,000 in alimony in 2010, nearly $15,000 for household help and more than $8,000 in tax preparation fees. He also received $76,000 in pensions and annuities.

Gingrich Productions? Photo Gallery - Gingrich Productions

the biggest portion of over $2.5 million came from Gingrich Productions? the one that made a stupid book called "Sweet Land of Liberty"? and some other books that he most likely never wrote a single word of it? all that.... for that much $$$? seriously?

Truth? His silly little business is a money-laundering front.

Watchdog: Gingrich Productions may have illegally donated to campaign - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
A Washington watchdog requested a Federal Election Commission investigation Monday into Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich’s campaign contributions.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) believes Gingrich Productions may have made illegal donations to Gingrich’s campaign, according to a CREW press release.

“[Gingrich] has a long history of playing fast and loose with ethics rules so it should surprise no one to learn he is at it again,” CREW executive director Melanie Sloan said in a statement.

Sloan’s group filed a complaint with the commission, citing a Washington Post report on the Gingrich campaign. Gingrich’s campaign purchased his “personal mailing list” from Gingrich for $42,000, the Post reported in early December.

Since the mailing list was not listed as a personal asset on Gingrich’s financial disclosure form, CREW asserts that the mailing list was the property of Gingrich Productions. It was not Gingrich’s personal property, the release stated.

CREW also requested that the commission’s investigation examine if Gingrich Productions “illegally subsidized Mr. Gingrich’s presidential campaign by holding campaign events in conjunction with his book signings.”
Gingrich campaign spokesman R.C. Hammond said the campaign is going by the book.

"If the FEC considers the complaint, they will find that the rules are being followed and published regulations are being enforced," Hammond said in a statement.

Gingrich Productions did not immediately return requests for comment.

why am I not surprised? comical. very comical.

Inside Newt Gingrich's tax return - Jan. 19, 2012

Gingrich Productions? Photo Gallery - Gingrich Productions

the biggest portion of over $2.5 million came from Gingrich Productions? the one that made a stupid book called "Sweet Land of Liberty"? and some other books that he most likely never wrote a single word of it? all that.... for that much $$$? seriously?

Truth? His silly little business is a money-laundering front.

"Money-laundering front"!! If you know this for a fact then you are obligated to report it to the authority. If you are posting your own opinion, you should say so.
Which is it?

How so? How does that work?

You didn't know about Gingrich's resignation in 1997 following a scandal over accusations of money laundering through non-profit orgs? he had to pay over $300,000 for ethics violations and financial improprieties.

You didn't know about Gingrich's resignation in 1997 following a scandal over accusations of money laundering through non-profit orgs? he had to pay over $300,000 for ethics violations and financial improprieties.
Jiro posted "is." That means something going on currently. That's what I'm referring to.

FEC Complaint Filed Over Gingrich Campaign Paying $42K For Candidate’s Mailing List | TPMMuckraker

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington said in a complaint that they believe that Gingrich Productions Inc. violated the law “by using corporate funds to pay for a portion of the expenses of dual purpse events promoting the candidacy of Newt Gingrich while also promoting the sale of books by Newt Gingrich and by collecting the email addresses of people attending the dual purpose events for the purpose of soliciting contributions.”

This is an old article (dated 2008) so sorry about that - just doing this to point out the amazing amount of hypocrisy going on.

Obama Accepting Untraceable Donations

Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign is allowing donors to use largely untraceable prepaid credit cards that could potentially be used to evade limits on how much an individual is legally allowed to give or to mask a contributor's identity, campaign officials confirmed.

Not only that - but he was accepting foreign campaign donations.

FEC Complaint Filed Over Gingrich Campaign Paying $42K For Candidate’s Mailing List | TPMMuckraker

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington said in a complaint that they believe that Gingrich Productions Inc. violated the law “by using corporate funds to pay for a portion of the expenses of dual purpse events promoting the candidacy of Newt Gingrich while also promoting the sale of books by Newt Gingrich and by collecting the email addresses of people attending the dual purpose events for the purpose of soliciting contributions.”
According to that link's update: Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond responds: “If the FEC considers the complaint, they will find that the rules are being followed and published regulations are being enforced.”

So, apparently nothing's been resolved yet. We'll have to wait and see.

According to that link's update: Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond responds: “If the FEC considers the complaint, they will find that the rules are being followed and published regulations are being enforced.”

So, apparently nothing's been resolved yet. We'll have to wait and see.

Of course they are going to say that - has Gingrich ever admitted to wrongdoings? Nope. has he been caught, reprimanded and fined for financial wrongdoings? Yep.

Indeed, let's wait and see...in any case, no matter, he will never win. That's really all I care about.

Of course they are going to say that - has Gingrich ever admitted to wrongdoings? Nope. has he been caught, reprimanded and fined for financial wrongdoings? Yep.
Each accusation must be judged on its own merits, not on the past.

Indeed, let's wait and see...in any case, no matter, he will never win. That's really all I care about.
Really? I thought you would care about the truth. No?

Personally, I wasn't planning to vote for him tomorrow anyway. However, I do believe in knowing the truth, one way or the other.

Each accusation must be judged on its own merits, not on the past.

Really? I thought you would care about the truth. No?

Personally, I wasn't planning to vote for him tomorrow anyway. However, I do believe in knowing the truth, one way or the other.

I do care about the truth - that's why I actively read and research all the time. But I also care about Gingrich not getting elected and that's, quite frankly, a little more important to me at the moment. He's had a long history of being questionable with finances, any reason to believe he's suddenly pure and angelic? he's given us no reason to.

You seemingly have the habit of not actively searching the truth yourself or posting anything that proves others wrong but instead questioning AD members who don't share your political views just for the sake of being contrary when you could have responded with sources proving them wrong instead of saying over and over again "prove it, prove it." Reba, I like you but not your debating style.

This is an old article (dated 2008) so sorry about that - just doing this to point out the amazing amount of hypocrisy going on.

Obama Accepting Untraceable Donations

Not only that - but he was accepting foreign campaign donations.

Feel free to make a new thread about it but this thread is about Gingrich, not Obama. Please stay on topic.

I do care about the truth - that's why I actively read and research all the time. But I also care about Gingrich not getting elected and that's, quite frankly, a little more important to me at the moment...
Wow! You'd be willing to lie or mislead just to get votes for your candidate.

You seemingly have the habit of not actively searching the truth yourself or posting anything that proves others wrong but instead questioning AD members who don't share your political views just for the sake of being contrary when you could have responded with sources proving them wrong instead of saying over and over again "prove it, prove it." Reba, I like you but not your debating style.
Not true. I look up the links that people post, and actually read them, and verify the sources. I do that with all sides.

Perhaps you don't notice but I also do question, elaborate on, and correct statements made by those who do share my political views. :)

I don't think it hurts to present more than one viewpoint on a topic.

Intentionally misleading ... just like Obama's new ad campaign about all those jobs HE created in Energy (they existed before he ever took office). And how oil dependence on foreign oil has gone down while he was in office. It has gone down because the price has gotten so high and caused the economy to tank.

You can spin it any way you like - Obama accepted foreign campaign donations.

Archived-Articles: Obama's Foreign Donors: The media averts its eyes

Some came from Palestinians in Gaza (which might explain Obama's stance with our nation's ally, Israel).

Wow! You'd be willing to lie or mislead just to get votes for your candidate.

Not true. I look up the links that people post, and actually read them, and verify the sources. I do that with all sides.

Perhaps you don't notice but I also do question, elaborate on, and correct statements made by those who do share my political views. :)

I don't think it hurts to present more than one viewpoint on a topic.

"You'd be willing to lie or mislead just to get votes for your candidate." Are you effin' serious? Did you just say that I would deliberately lie or mislead to get a candidate elected? Holy shit...

And I thought you were a decent Christian but i am rapidly changing my mind right now, that was a dirty underhanded thing to say to someone who is posting her opinion and commenting on what has already been proven about Gingrich's history with financial dealings. To suggest I must be a liar and misleader instead of proving me wrong on his history is so lame, Reba. Really lame. And quite frankly pathetic.

I'm done with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back