Deaf Awareness Day at Disneyland

Rio

Brady lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello Californians!! Yes, its the annual Deaf Awareness Day at Disneyland. The fun starts on March 8, 2008 the cost of tickets for each person $48 (not sure if it applies for child admission) check with your local OCGLAD, Inc. I believe ticket sales are marked at a certain date to purchase.
click that for more info to call ocdeaf
WELCOME TO OC-DEAF, IT'S NOT JUST A PLACE, IT'S A STATE OF MIND!

Wahhh I wish I could go!!!!! Last time I went was there was in 2000 for Deaf Awareness day. And we did went again in summer of 2006 but it wasn't a deaf awareness day. :)

Have fun if you go!

Yep but you can use at two parks...either CA Adventure or Disneyland or can use both (1/2 day at DL and 1/2 day at CA Adventure)

I paid almost 200 dollars for two of us for 2 days. I can't remember exact amount though.
$48 for a ticket? Holy cow!

$48 for a ticket? Holy cow!

I went to Disneyland 2 years ago with my mom and daughter. I spent about $500 that day on tickets, food, water, and souveniars. It is expensive over there but worth it.

Have fun to whoever goes! :)

Is that good or bad?

Pretty expensive, especially when you have a family. Universal Studios is cheaper from what I remember when I went there in Florida years ago. It was around 35 dollars per ticket to gain access to both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios, we got a discount on it.

By the way, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure is better than Disneyland and DisneyWorld if you ask me. DisneyWorld is better for children.

It was cheaper for Disneyland back in early '99 when I went there in Los Angeles....A lot has gone up since.

Disney park added new park which is just a next door... it is CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE. They built in 2000 and I moved out of CA during that time...and finally open a year later, I think. It is a lot of fun...My son loved it! I prefer CA Adventure over DL. More relaxing and not feel too rush for rides or anything. :)

You can use ticket (one day hopper) that you can access both park on same day. I got 2 days hopper which I paid a little more and that was worth it. It was for my son's Pre-school Graduation. He had so much fun and he did asked me to take him there again. I told him we will one day.

Pretty expensive, especially when you have a family. Universal Studios is cheaper from what I remember when I went there in Florida years ago. It was around 35 dollars per ticket to gain access to both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios, we got a discount on it.

By the way, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure is better than Disneyland and DisneyWorld if you ask me. DisneyWorld is better for children.

I wouldn't mind going, but the timing is wrong.

I haven't been to Disneyland since 1989. :(

Disney park added new park which is just a next door... it is CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE. They built in 2000 and I moved out of CA during that time...and finally open a year later, I think. It is a lot of fun...My son loved it! I prefer CA Adventure over DL. More relaxing and not feel too rush for rides or anything. :)

You can use ticket (one day hopper) that you can access both park on same day. I got 2 days hopper which I paid a little more and that was worth it. It was for my son's Pre-school Graduation. He had so much fun and he did asked me to take him there again. I told him we will one day.

Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios are 2 different parks too as well. But I am truly shocked that it is now $82.95 to get a 2-park pass for a day to both Universal parks! I just checked their website.

Yowch!

Yea yea...everything getting expensive!!! :ugh3: Oh well! If we plan go back to Los Angeles...we make sure to save up tons of money to go a lot of parks. I would love to go back to San Diego Zoo and Sea World since they had changed since I was there (Sea World, 1994 and Zoo probably since I was maybe 9 or 10 years old). I don't mind to go to DL/CA again with my kid and my hubby (my hubby hasn't been there yet)

I am not sure why parks cost so much money...maybe need $ to pay electricities or taxes to be paid. :dunno:
Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios are 2 different parks too as well. But I am truly shocked that it is now $82.95 to get a 2-park pass for a day to both Universal parks! I just checked their website.

Yowch!

Yea yea...everything getting expensive!!! :ugh3: Oh well! If we plan go back to Los Angeles...we make sure to save up tons of money to go a lot of parks. I would love to go back to San Diego Zoo and Sea World since they had changed since I was there (Sea World, 1994 and Zoo probably since I was maybe 9 or 10 years old). I don't mind to go to DL/CA again with my kid and my hubby (my hubby hasn't been there yet)

I am not sure why parks cost so much money...maybe need $ to pay electricities or taxes to be paid. :dunno:

I think it is due to the high property taxes in California.

The gym I used to go refuses to build one in California due to the high cost of land.

Maybe that's the reason.

Hello Californians!! Yes, its the annual Deaf Awareness Day at Disneyland. The fun starts on March 8, 2008 the cost of tickets for each person $48 (not sure if it applies for child admission) check with your local OCGLAD, Inc. I believe ticket sales are marked at a certain date to purchase.
click that for more info to call ocdeaf
WELCOME TO OC-DEAF, IT'S NOT JUST A PLACE, IT'S A STATE OF MIND!

Hey You beat me.. I was going to post this event... hahaha.. Thanks..you need to correct.. it is not OCGLAD.. It is OC DEAF.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH..

wow not bad cost for me and i wish going there but too far live for me.. if my good friend pay for me trip there from calif HAHAHA! :lol: just joke

Hey You beat me.. I was going to post this event... hahaha.. Thanks..you need to correct.. it is not OCGLAD.. It is OC DEAF.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH..

Thank you for the correction.

Reminder!

Reminder this coming weekend is Deaf Day at Disneyland! All the fun starts at 8:00am to Midnight!

Back