Blu-ray discs and players with real CC

rumreich

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any blu-ray discs that have CC and blu-ray players that support CC?

I'm talking about actual CC here, not subtitles or SDH (Subtitled for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing). This means that you need to use the yellow video jack on the back of the blu-ray player, connect to the yellow video jack on the TV, and turn captioning on with the TV.

I bought the Aliens vs. Predators blu-ray because it said CC on the back, but there's no CC on line 21 of the composite video coming out of my Sharp blu-ray player.

All I want to know is whether anyone has found any blu-ray disc/player combo and been able to get good-old-fashioned line 21 CC on the composite video output.

Thanks!

I don't think so due digital issue, Banjo should explain about that.

Almost all BD movies have SDH.

I don't think so due digital issue, Banjo should explain about that.

Almost all BD movies have SDH.

Yes, it's pointless to have CC when there are rare HDTV that allow CC get in to be appear on display.

Does anyone know of any blu-ray discs that have CC and blu-ray players that support CC?

I'm talking about actual CC here, not subtitles or SDH (Subtitled for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing). This means that you need to use the yellow video jack on the back of the blu-ray player, connect to the yellow video jack on the TV, and turn captioning on with the TV.

I bought the Aliens vs. Predators blu-ray because it said CC on the back, but there's no CC on line 21 of the composite video coming out of my Sharp blu-ray player.

All I want to know is whether anyone has found any blu-ray disc/player combo and been able to get good-old-fashioned line 21 CC on the composite video output.

Thanks!

It's not happening.

You mean to say that there is no CC decoder built into any blu-ray players?

Yeah, because it's pretty much the standard to include SDH tracks on Blu-ray discs these days. I know it's not the best solution, but that's what they came to.

Yeah, because it's pretty much the standard to include SDH tracks on Blu-ray discs these days. I know it's not the best solution, but that's what they came to.

Well that helps alot when it comes to playing DVD's in blu-ray players. :roll:

Not if connected by HDMI and wanted to upconvert the movie you're watching.

I got some DVD's that only has caption and no subtitles.

Well, there's no option then you have live with CC directly to TV if you need watch DVD movie with CC.

Just add composite or S-video to TV as 2nd cable, just save for case if you need watch DVD with CC.

Well, there's no option then you have live with CC directly to TV if you need watch DVD movie with CC.

Just add composite or S-video to TV as 2nd cable, just save for case if you need watch DVD with CC.

That is what is so stupid! Why should we have to do all that when they can just add CC decoder into Blu-ray and they won't even notice the cost of adding it. I want the best of Blu-ray like everybody else.

IF i got my own hdtv television somedays and if i chose blu-ray dvds i wouldn't get that one! but i had tons dvds as non blu-rays dvds my choices! but i look dvd with cc but you can simple for says "languages" english!

IF i got my own hdtv television somedays and if i chose blu-ray dvds i wouldn't get that one! but i had tons dvds as non blu-rays dvds my choices! but i look dvd with cc but you can simple for says "languages" english!

What is your next plan when the DVDs stops making and produces Blu Ray Discs instead, hmm?

What is your next plan when the DVDs stops making and produces Blu Ray Discs instead, hmm?

Almost blu-ray players business is good growing now. Switch beta to VHS then VHS to DVD now I think that would switch dvd to blu ray next few years. Blu ray to small 3D disc??? :laugh2:

They stop supporting CC on HDTV when using in HDMI input/output only because of "digtal". As long you are using A/V you will be fine, since it still support CC. :)

technology is what we fear, Chevy57.

Nathan, does the A?C support the same picture as in HDMI Support?

technology is what we fear, Chevy57.

Nathan, does the A?C support the same picture as in HDMI Support?

I mean A/V. No, different quality Jake. A/V good, HDMI Best. You get to experience full High Definition. A/V is old school.

My DVD player has converting to `080p and I don't see the difference, I have not seen the picture via HDMI though, where I need to get the PS3 as I can play Blu Ray Disc movies ;)

of course, secretblend! They have back campabilies, indeed.

Back