Duggars Family... When Will It End?

I guess the couple couldn't stop doing the intercourse after every birth eh I guess they are horny couple eh.

:giggle: it could be that they are hot but they don't beleive in birth control, etc. It look like that they only have sex if they want to create a baby... *shrug*

i dunno ... i hope the baby Michelle is carrying the last one of the family. I pray... I think its too many kids.. so enough! :)

I think my Grandfather Smith was likely the 12 and the last born in his family.

Deafskeptic, having so many children/siblings were very common many years ago. :)

My material grandfather had 12 siblings. Only three of them (ages 96, 81 and 80) are still around.

nothing wrong with the duggars. My grandmother had 8 bros and 8 sisters. In the old days are like family togetherness. Each have their own dreams. Family is also as teamwork. Like many children, oldest child(ren) willing to help mom when needed so all have their own chores for responsiblities. Like Duggars, as long you see how well they do, we have no right to look down on the parents and we have no right to criticize how they operate, as long the family have love in the home.

I personally think Michelle is going to have a heap of medical problems when she has one too many kids. My fear is one of the next labors she has she will die or nearly die from it because her body will have become to worn out from the constant pregnancy and labor.

I can understand in the olden days why families often had multiple kids. It was so that the kids could help take care of the parents when the parents went through their 'second childhood' (we now know it better as Alzheimer's Disease). this was before the time of nursing homes, and often institutionalized care was often sub-par compared with the care you would receive from family.

Now days with money in excess, nursing homes in abundance, and state medical insurance, and people living longer and healthier lives, now the families just rais 1-3 kids, kids grow up move on then the parents enjoy thier golden years until they can no longer care for themselves then the children put the parents in a assisted living facility, nursing home, or hire home health to take care of the parents.

With the direction our economy is going and our healthcare is becoming unaffordable, I would not be surprised to see people having large families again hoping the children would stick around long enough to take care of the parents again like in the olden-days.

I don't see why people are picking on that family. Their children are clothed, fed, and happy. They might be seen as "sheltered" but nobody is going out and attacking the countless -other- christian homeschooling families, just because they have less children. If you can support your kids well, which they clearly can, it's your own choice how many to have. If for you birth control is not something you can validate based on your religion, who am I to tell you to toss aside your morals and use birth control just because the thought of having that many children makes -me- uncomfortable?

I don't see why people are picking on that family. Their children are clothed, fed, and happy. They might be seen as "sheltered" but nobody is going out and attacking the countless -other- christian homeschooling families, just because they have less children. If you can support your kids well, which they clearly can, it's your own choice how many to have. If for you birth control is not something you can validate based on your religion, who am I to tell you to toss aside your morals and use birth control just because the thought of having that many children makes -me- uncomfortable?

:gpost: ...IF their children weren't fed, clothed or doesn't have a roof over their heads then sure I would have said something about this but this wasn't the case, so I'm happy for the family, and I think they have done a wonderful job rasing these children, they seem to be a very happy family...

I hate it when people judge them like this just because they have so many children, so what , why worry about them when they're not even your children ( speaking generally here :) )...

My main reason is against Bob & Michelle Duggar because I beleive it's their own responsiblity to raise the children if they really want to have a lot of children, not just breed the more babies and then give their children to raise their siblings.

Maybe they'll stop till the "J" names runs out? :dunno: They got then names from the Bible. I believe maybe by the 20th they may be stop. Or wait till Michelle reach menopauses since she is now in early 40's.

Liebling:))), a family should involve the children helping out.. You give and you take. Taking care of their siblings helps them both be prepared for their future families as well as develop a sense of responsibility. Parents shouldn't just slave away while their kids sit on a couch. The mother already clearly devotes all her time to caring for them and also teaches them all. That many children -is- a small classroom, a full time job in itself.

My main reason is against Bob & Michelle Duggar because I beleive it's their own responsiblity to raise the children if they really want to have a lot of children, not just breed the more babies and then give their children to raise their siblings.

My oldest son sometimes babysit my little one, and isn't sibling/families suppose to help each others? it not like I'm asking my son to raise him or anything...

Liebling:))), a family should involve the children helping out.. You give and you take. Taking care of their siblings helps them both be prepared for their future families as well as develop a sense of responsibility. Parents shouldn't just slave away while their kids sit on a couch. The mother already clearly devotes all her time to caring for them and also teaches them all. That many children -is- a small classroom, a full time job in itself.

:nods:...That's correct....

My oldest son sometimes babysit my little one, and isn't sibling/families suppose to help each others? it not like I'm asking my son to raise him or anything...

All the time in everyday?

Babysit and Raise the children are not the same thing.

I do not against babysit because it dont' do that all the time in everyday.

I do ask my oldest son to watch his youngest brother for couple of hours for any emergency sometimes, not all the time and everyday like Duggars... I don't want to expect too much from them... but I would be happy for their support, not expect them to do for me...

Oh no not everyday, I meant by helping out, sometimes children needs to help their mom and dad around the house, that's inculde helping their brothers and sisters out, but that doesn't mean that the parents are asking their children to raise their brother or sister...

I beleive it's parent's responsible to raise their own children, not give their children with adult responsiblity to raise their siblings. If I want 6 or 10 children then is my responsible, not my children because it's me who choose to breed a lot of children, not my children.

Let the children to learn their own experiences and chores etc... They learn how to help/support each other, not expect too much from them... If I need a help then ask them... , not all the time like Duggars... Choose the clothes for their children, etc... Remember, their children don't born their siblings, but the parents... This is a difference.

It's plenty of time for the children to enjoy their experiences first. I think it's too young for the children to take adult responsible to raise their siblings for their parents.

It look like that you expect the children to do for you because you are not slave for them... wow... I don't born them to worker or caretaker or be parent for my children but my wish children. It's parent's job to raise/educate them with responsiblity development to learn what right or wrong. I really never thought to be slave because I enjoy myself to be parent because they are my wish children. All what I want to see them to enjoy their experiences, education, etc and learn and collect their own experiences and share our experiences.... It's about learn and respect...

Oh no not everyday, I meant by helping out, sometimes children needs to help their mom and dad around the house, that's inculde helping their brothers and sisters out, but that doesn't mean that the parents are asking their children to raise their brother or sister...

Yes, I see no problem for that because I do the same but Duggars did to their children total different. I would suggest you to read their websites. Their children didn't have much life but work for their parents all the time... where is their OWN life then? Where's their own experiences? Accord their websites, Michelle & Bob talked about their own dream and never talk about children's dream. They do what they want for their own children... It's their own dream, where is children's dream?

Back