Facebook is DANGEROUS!!!

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woman Burns Friends House Down After She Deleted Her Off Facebook

Authorities in Iowa say a 30-year-old woman attempted to burn down a couple’s house last week in retaliation for being unfriended in Facebook. Jennifer Christine Harris, of Des Moines, is being held in Polk County Prison on $100,000 bond after she allegedly set fire to Jim and Nikki Rasmussen‘s garage, forcing the couple to flee their home in the middle of the night, the Des Moines Register reports.

The siding on the house melted and the garage roof collapsed, according to reports. The Rasmussens only managed to escape the blaze after a loud booming sound woke them up. “It was ablaze at 1 a.m. It was just totally engulfed,” neighbor Dominic Formaro told ABC News.

Police say that investigations show Harris’ motive was connected to an argument she and Nikki had over Facebook. “The two are no longer friends due to a dispute over Facebook,” Jim Rasmussen told officials with the Des Moines Police Department. “According to Nikki, Jen is angry with her because she ended their friendship on Facebook.”

According to Detective Jack Kamerick, the dispute had much to do with a Facebook event the former-best friends were planning. “Jen asked Nikki to create an event on Facebook for a party. Nikki did that,” Kamerick told the Register. “As the date for the party approached there were a lot of ‘declines,’ on Facebook. It was looking like the party might be a bust. The dispute apparently blossomed.”

The tension between Harris and Nikki apparently became so great that when police asked the Rasmussens who might have wished to harm them, the couple immediately pointed the finger at their former friend.

Police charged Jennifer Harris with first degree arson

Oh my gosh! I unfriended my best friend on FB after our huge fight last month..I better tell her to be friends again on FB so I wont get my house burned down!

Why should FB be without its share of loonies?:giggle: They are everywhere.:P

Be careful who you friend in the first place. :lol: I have to say it's not a laughing matter for Nikki Rasmussien though. She could have been killed in that fire.

I don't take FB too seriously. If I get unfriended, oh well. It doesn't really change my life AT ALL! Just one less status update in the newsfeed. That's all.

I gotta build a treehouse, hopefully someone burn down a treehouse instead of my house :lol:

Well if it's not FB, it's something else. It could have just as easily been someone taken off a Christmas card list...

Yup, FB - the work of the devil!!! lol

good grief! this shows that people have no common sense

The thing about common sense is that it is actually very uncommon! :lol:

The whole unfriending stuff just cracks me up. I mean these are adults right? The whole "you're not my friend anymore" seems kind of playground to me. :lol:

Of course this woman did seem a tad "off balance"

I am just amazed at the stupidity of people...wow.

The whole unfriending stuff just cracks me up. I mean these are adults right? The whole "you're not my friend anymore" seems kind of playground to me. :lol:"

This begs the question: Do adults have friends or just quintessences?

That's bad misled title. Facebook didn't make you do that. You did by yourself.

Same as, gun don't kill people, you do.

Back