college/universities best for deaf people

Well not anymore.
Not any more? How so?

According to my friends at NTID, I hear these...

A lot of deafies transfer from Gallaudet to NTID cuz Gallaudet is too easy.

A lot of deafies transfer from NTID to Gallaudet cuz NTID is too hard.

NTID only has an interpreting program not deaf studies or degrees in Asl.

Wait, I see on their website they have a certificate in deaf studies.

Deaf Studies

Does anyone know about that?
Bingo!

I thought the same thing years ago until I found that out.

A few of my hearing friends went through RIT for a BS degree. During their time there, they learned sign language and decided to stay another 2 to 4 years to become interpreters. :)

Well not anymore.

wow......i got offered a full ride for academics, i have average test scores and a good gpa...but i would not get any money anywhere else for academics that is for sure.

i got the offer cuz i play soccer but gally is d3 so they cant give money for athletics but d3 schools find ways to get scholly money to athletes.

wow......i got offered a full ride for academics, i have average test scores and a good gpa...but i would not get any money anywhere else for academics that is for sure.

i got the offer cuz i play soccer but gally is d3 so they cant give money for athletics but d3 schools find ways to get scholly money to athletes.

when did that happen?

Not any more? How so?

The College Board gave Gallaudet a big warning about allowing students, who are below SAT scores to enroll in. In other word: Gallaudet got busted, and they won't let this happen again.

The College Board gave Gallaudet a big warning about allowing students, who are below SAT scores to enroll in. In other word: Gallaudet got busted, and they won't let this happen again.

I'm a transfer student, do I have to take sats, act, toefl, etc. for ntid?????? I was told transfer students get junior standing defacto.

Bingo!

I thought the same thing years ago until I found that out.

A few of my hearing friends went through RIT for a BS degree. During their time there, they learned sign language and decided to stay another 2 to 4 years to become interpreters. :)

I'm not hearing i am deaf in one ear and hoh in the other. I am a deafened.

I would prefer to study deaf studies and asl not interpreting, interpreting is for the hearing students.

Not any more? How so?

By easy you mean what? That all the classes are in sign language???? or that you wont have to do homework and getting an A is super easy?????????????????????????

I'm a transfer student, do I have to take sats, act, toefl, etc. for ntid?????? I was told transfer students get junior standing defacto.
I have no idea, because I never went to college in my life, but maybe someday. :cool:

Not unless they have sufficient credit hours to achieve junior standing. And they may loose some of their credit hours that do not transfer between institutions.

Not unless they have sufficient credit hours to achieve junior standing. And they may loose some of their credit hours that do not transfer between institutions.

I don't know about NY, but in this state, Wa, if you transfer with an aa, aas, whatever, by law are to be granted junior standing.

I don't know about NY, but in this state, Wa, if you transfer with an aa, aas, whatever, by law are to be granted junior standing.

I don't live in NY. But yeah, if you transfer in with a degree in place. But then, you have already been awarded a 2 year associte's degree, and are expanding on that to achieve a 4 year Bachelor's degree. But unless you have been conferred a degree, you don't automatically get junior status just by having completed 2 years at another college.

Least expensive private schools:

1. National Hispanic University -- San Jose, Calif. $4,610
2. Arkansas Baptist College -- Little Rock, Ark. $5,074
3. Talladega College -- Talladega, Ala. $7,128
4. Lane College -- Jackson, Tenn. $7,176
5. Tougaloo College -- Tougaloo, Miss. $8,375
6. Judson College -- Marion, Ala. $9,420
7. Paine College -- Augusta, Ga. $9,624
8. St. Augustine College -- Raleigh, N.C. $10,388
9. Barber-Scotia College -- Concord, N.C. $10,686
10. Wesleyan College -- Macon, Ga.

Least expensive public schools:

1. University of Nevada -- Reno, Nev. $2,682
2. Florida State University -- Tallahassee, Fla. $2,890
3. San Diego State University -- San Diego $2,936
4. University of Florida -- Gainesville, Fla. $2,955
5. Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, Fla. $3,092
6. Texas A&M University -- Kingsville, Texas $3,109
7. Florida International University -- Miami $3,156
8. University of South Florida -- Tampa, Fla. $3,167
9. University of Central Florida -- Orlando, Fla. $3,180
10. University of Nevada -- Las Vegas $3,210

Top 10 priciest colleges ... and the cheapest

I don't live in NY. But yeah, if you transfer in with a degree in place. But then, you have already been awarded a 2 year associte's degree, and are expanding on that to achieve a 4 year Bachelor's degree. But unless you have been conferred a degree, you don't automatically get junior status just by having completed 2 years at another college.

I knew of a guy who had like 2 phds, 5 associate degrees, 5 bachelor degrees, and 2 masters degree and he wasn't even 40.

The guy was like a professional student and kept transferring credits around. He played the system big time.

Least expensive private schools:

1. National Hispanic University -- San Jose, Calif. $4,610
2. Arkansas Baptist College -- Little Rock, Ark. $5,074
3. Talladega College -- Talladega, Ala. $7,128
4. Lane College -- Jackson, Tenn. $7,176
5. Tougaloo College -- Tougaloo, Miss. $8,375
6. Judson College -- Marion, Ala. $9,420
7. Paine College -- Augusta, Ga. $9,624
8. St. Augustine College -- Raleigh, N.C. $10,388
9. Barber-Scotia College -- Concord, N.C. $10,686
10. Wesleyan College -- Macon, Ga.

Least expensive public schools:

1. University of Nevada -- Reno, Nev. $2,682
2. Florida State University -- Tallahassee, Fla. $2,890
3. San Diego State University -- San Diego $2,936
4. University of Florida -- Gainesville, Fla. $2,955
5. Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, Fla. $3,092
6. Texas A&M University -- Kingsville, Texas $3,109
7. Florida International University -- Miami $3,156
8. University of South Florida -- Tampa, Fla. $3,167
9. University of Central Florida -- Orlando, Fla. $3,180
10. University of Nevada -- Las Vegas $3,210

Top 10 priciest colleges ... and the cheapest

Those are tuition costs only, and don't include room and board or books or additional living and traveling expenses. I am assuming that you are posting costs per year?

I can tell you that I personally attend, as a graduate student, a state school, and my tuition alone is $3000 per quarter, for a grand total of 12,000 per year. Books average $400-600 a qyarter. Undergraduate tuition at this same institution is 2,000 per quarter qnd when housing and books are added in a quarter costs approximately 3500.00 for an undergrad. Assuming that they are attending 3 quarters a year, that adds up to 10,500.00 per year. I don't consider that to be inexpensive.

I knew of a guy who had like 2 phds, 5 associate degrees, 5 bachelor degrees, and 2 masters degree and he wasn't even 40.

The guy was like a professional student and kept transferring credits around. He played the system big time.

But he wasn't really transferring credits, but he was gaining advanced admission based on his degreed status. I've seen people do that, too.

Do you know also if someone transfers with a degree like that will they have to retake similar courses?

Like for example, If I go into the deaf studies certificate program at Rit will I have to take up Asl I - Iv again.

Deaf Studies

Back