My thoughts on Deaf Education

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiro is friends with Sheila so maybe he was surprised by all the comments directed at her. *just an assumption*

Ahh no wonder. :) just assumption lol. Never know :D

Actually JClarke told me how to do that after I got here. So I was pretty old before I learned that.

Meg has a good point that we can all work on our lacking skills. But I do think it is far to late for me to ever learn more than basic math.

Never too late, Bott! I am more than certain you could, if you wanted to badly enough.

Never too late, Bott! I am more than certain you could, if you wanted to badly enough.

Maybe. I guess I also lack motivation since I don't need to know more...

Meg, I was also Mainstream. I elementary through jr high was pretty rough for me, I went to a high school that did have a deaf group classes, yet my mom insisted that I was fine in regular classes. I have struggled with math the most, went from special ed math and moved to a new town and got thrown into algebra (failed, then by some luck passed in summer school). Although I loved English literature, art, I'm a very visual creative person. Science did spark some interest but at that time it didn't really click for me.

Meg, I was also Mainstream. I elementary through jr high was pretty rough for me, I went to a high school that did have a deaf group classes, yet my mom insisted that I was fine in regular classes. I have struggled with math the most, went from special ed math and moved to a new town and got thrown into algebra (failed, then by some luck passed in summer school). Although I loved English literature, art, I'm a very visual creative person. Science did spark some interest but at that time it didn't really click for me.

Ahh my parents insisted that i should go into deaf institute which i did for a year but i always have straight A's but i didnt mean to offended people with integiellence thoughts. But why not try again. Movie i saw last year, Haunted House, i dont know if you seen it or not. there a something the ghost ball said. Fail, try again. if fail try again. it make me feel like we can do it. it is hard and we will eventually learn. Try again when fail until get it right.

DEAF CAN DO ANYTHING BUT HEAR?! is a political myth, for many reasons. One such reason I'd dare to say, its to reinforce 'the working class ideology' but removing the medical 'attitude' which fits in nicely with the political-correct social climate that we have now. In other words, its just there to shut us up.

Some of you might not like what i say, but that's my opinion.

For this forum it's no big deal, and sheila was not saying that. What she was saying is if you want to make a deep impression on non deaf people, about why deaf people can match up and or overcome non deafies, you have to articulate yourself properly. I am a mathematical person, and I see english as a necessary evil convention, however I ain't getting love or respect from my family and friends, most of whomare humanities people. As are most people in society, :) So you have to conform to their standards, especially when you want to make a good impression on them as a representative of the deaf. If you don't care...then it's no big deal, but obviously you do, since are trying to raise social awareness on a sensitive issue. Sheila goes to one of the best colleges, and recently chaired an Alexander Graham Bell event for deaf students interested in college, :) so I wouldn't be so quick to jump on her, although she will always be my stupid friend, xD

For this forum it's no big deal, and sheila was not saying that. What she was saying is if you want to make a deep impression on non deaf people, about why deaf people can match up and or overcome non deafies, you have to articulate yourself properly. I am a mathematical person, and I see english as a necessary evil convention, however I ain't getting love or respect from my family and friends, most of whomare humanities people. As are most people in society, :) So you have to conform to their standards, especially when you want to make a good impression on them as a representative of the deaf. If you don't care...then it's no big deal, but obviously you do, since are trying to raise social awareness on a sensitive issue. Sheila goes to one of the best colleges, and recently chaired an Alexander Graham Bell event for deaf students interested in college, :) so I wouldn't be so quick to jump on her, although she will always be my stupid friend, xD

:cool2::hmm:

Now I know where that sense of superiority comes from.

Uh oh.... you just practically put a target on Sheila....

Jiro!! Where are you!? Protect your friend!!!!

Ahhh, Shushugah ... know what you did there? :eek3: Just raised Jillio's UnDeaf Activities blacklist from 3 to 4.

on other hand, it may not just be the AG Bell shit, it could *also* be that they are asians, which with they are typically stuck with strict parents that 'push' them hard for success from early childhood. It is mainly to do with "their asian culture. In other words, AG Bell invovlement is just on 'academic brown nosing' ...
not gonna say anymore because that will be at a risk of sounding racist, but it is true many asians are characterised as 'hard workers' they are not lazy, conforming to 'high standards' can often lead to outright blind confomity to the dominant ideology..(hearing superiority) .not saying anymore here!!

Ahhh, Shushugah ... know what you did there? :eek3: Just raised Jillio's UnDeaf Activities blacklist from 3 to 4.

Jillio doesn't have a blacklist, but if you continue with the inflammatory inaccuracies, I will be creating one with your name at the top of the list.:cool2:

on other hand, it may not just be the AG Bell shit, it could *also* be that they are asians, which with they are typically stuck with strict parents that 'push' them hard for success from early childhood. It is mainly to do with "their asian culture. In other words, AG Bell invovlement is just on 'academic brown nosing' ...
not gonna say anymore because that will be at a risk of sounding racist, but it is true many asians are characterised as 'hard workers' they are not lazy, and probably in comparison, they work tooo hard, i dunno - better not say anymore...

The two kind of go hand in hand, don't they?

I apologize, i said chair, I didn't mean it that way, and that was my false reporting.

again, congratulations to the OP for her mathematical achievements, I am curios, what in college math did you do exactly? I am doing linear algebra now, just finished calc 1, :P I hope to eventually work on Reimann's Hypothesis, how about you?

And seriously...like everyone was saying about grammer on a forum, that also aplies to feelings? Stop getting all hating and emotional about a mother fucking post. On collegeconfidential people bash me, and sometimes they are very mean, but I try to retain something positive about it, while ignoring the negative aspect...because...who cares? You don't have have to invite anyone over for dinner or sex, :P

not gonna say anymore because that will be at a risk of sounding racist, but it is true many asians are characterised as 'hard workers' they are not lazy, and probably in comparison, they work tooo hard, i dunno - better not say anymore...

Oh, I wouldn't worry about coming across as racist or anything, if I were you.
:whistle:

Uhhhhhh, whats so bad about AG Bell????? All they do is give free money to programs they like?

Seriously....this is getting a tad out of hand? :P

AG Bell, aka Alexander Graham Bell was a theft, a liar and a cultural murderer. He was principally responsible for banning Sign Langauge for 100 years, at the 1880 Milan Conference to hail in Oralsim. THATS what Bad about it. By "tradition" freebies and what not is just a tokenised form of social/poltiical bribery to make them look nice...with the 'telephone inventor/caring for the deaf' in history , this shifts the real story away from public awareness, that's what !

Uhhhhhh, whats so bad about AG Bell????? All they do is give free money to programs they like?

Seriously....this is getting a tad out of hand? :P

Is that question a serious one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back