Free TTY Software For Windows

BTJustice

Reaction score
I am not deaf. I have a couple of customers I do computer repair work for who are. I am curious if there is a software program that will do everything their TTY machine did as it is now broken.

I am trying to find something that runs upon booting up Windows XP, pops up CallerID, and the person can use their keyboard to type with. The software should look nice and be easy to use. Is there anything like that?

Yeah I found that but it appears to require the Internet to use it. I am looking for something that doesn't. Thanks though.

Or... it's time for them to move on and forget the TTY? I've got friends who work in the TTY business and they say that no one wants a TTY these days.

The demand for TTY's in the states may be bumming down but theyre still hot in third world countries.

Richard

VamPyroX said:
Well, it's probably time to move on. I've learned to let my TTY go 6 years ago. ;)

I did too. :) I haven't used my TTY in years since the Internet became popular in the mid-1990s (that's when I started using it). :)

BTJustice said:
So what are the deaf moving to?

AIM, YIM, MSN, ICQ, and VP (Videophone)

AIM is MOST popular for deaf people. It's everything for relay, multi-chat, and anywhere.

Videophone with internet is more cheap $$ than phoneline for TTY.

LMM have the newer TTD for her family that don't have the internet or blackberry!
If she didn't have the Ameriphone, she wouldn't be able to talk with her family.... Yeah maybe if she didn't have it she could use 711 but whats that good for talking to family?To her use her TTD to talk to family, its 's like hearing hear voice on phone.
I give LMM alot of credit ! She not only work hard,but she does teach people about Deaf Culture.

LMM voice

Neo said:
AIM, YIM, MSN, ICQ, and VP (Videophone)

AIM is MOST popular for deaf people. It's everything for relay, multi-chat, and anywhere.

Videophone with internet is more cheap $$ than phoneline for TTY.

Don't forget the sidekick 2 and the Blackberry.

Back