My Wife's SSD Cut Off

60 days??? That's crazy! We can't wait that long! *sighs*

I'm on the VP right now to ask what information they want me to bring to them in order to get this mess straighten out. Naturally, I've been put on hold.....

What's the link for the SSA 561? Their website is like a huge mess trying to find anything.

Thanks

here it is, REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION - Form SSA-561-U2

I agree. Let's check with your local ssa and have SSA look up at your wifes reocrd to see if it's something not right then they may work on it sooner than later. =?

I have been on disability for over 10 years now for a multitude of reasons.

I have had two OPs and my monthly payments were reduced to pay off those OPs.

I am surprised the monthly payments were abruptly stopped without any notification letters of some sort or a call too as well.

You're supposed to have received a notification letter advising you of this situation.

Please visit your local office and speak with the case worker ASAP.

60 days??? That's crazy! We can't wait that long! *sighs*

I'm on the VP right now to ask what information they want me to bring to them in order to get this mess straighten out. Naturally, I've been put on hold.....

What's the link for the SSA 561? Their website is like a huge mess trying to find anything.

Thanks
Just Google it--> REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION - Form SSA-561-U2

Second the ideas of contacting legal aid and the hospital social worker. Wishing you a speedy resolution.

I'm under the impression that SSA won't stop payments while under appeal.

It's been such a long time since I was involved in this kind of thing that I may be mistaken.

It just happened to my friend few days also, her SSA stopped pay her and she got upset. She went to SSA office and got it fixed. She will get SSA within 3 to 5 days. SSA already took 200 bucks out of her SSA for last two years. They made mistake with her by withheld $$ so it could be your SSA made mistake also. U need to go there at office and talk to the person to get it straight. I am very sorry and hope u will get it back asap. It happened to many people I know.

Ouch, that sucks.

They should have made her ex-husband pay it off and not her. :(

Ouch, that sucks.

They should have made her ex-husband pay it off and not her. :(

I agree and he does owe close to 50k in child support payment that he never paid since their divorce. That's money there that could resolve all of the problems regarding the mess he put my wife into in the first place.

Yiz

Just so you all know, this is the creep that beat my wife and the kids.

Indiana's Most Wanted

The Prosecutor's office has been informed of this warrant. Problem is with this county that we live in, they're too lenient towards criminals. For example: A child molester got sentenced to 6 years probation last year compare to a county East of us in the same year got sentenced to 60 years in prison. Just so you know how farked up my county really is.

It's be really nice if somehow this low lifer actually pay up what he owes to my wife and then turn around and get this SSD mess finally fixed so this will never happen again.

Yiz

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Senator's office replied back to me yesterday regarding my wife's situation and he sent me a permission form for me to fill out that will enable the office to investigate my wife's SSD situation on her behalf. I filled it out and scanned it, then sent it back along with a copy of my POA (power of attorney) that allows me to speak on her behalf. She can't use her hands much since her left hand is all curled up due to the stroke and her right hand shakes very badly.

I also informed the Senator about this loser ex-husband and did send that link as I mentioned above. So he's aware of the child support payment that he owes. Hope he can help with that. I guess Senator's office can only do so much.

Yiz

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Senator's office replied back to me yesterday regarding my wife's situation and he sent me a permission form for me to fill out that will enable the office to investigate my wife's SSD situation on her behalf. I filled it out and scanned it, then sent it back along with a copy of my POA (power of attorney) that allows me to speak on her behalf. She can't use her hands much since her left hand is all curled up due to the stroke and her right hand shakes very badly.

I also informed the Senator about this loser ex-husband and did send that link as I mentioned above. So he's aware of the child support payment that he owes. Hope he can help with that. I guess Senator's office can only do so much.

Yiz

whoa! You got Senator's ear! you go, yizuman!

whoa! You got Senator's ear! you go, yizuman!

Thanks. I just hope the Senate's office will follow up on my problem and find a solution.

I will be going to the SSA office Tuesday morning, couldn't go yesterday because I felt there wasn't enough time to get to the SSA office and back home in time to assist my wife in getting back to her medical bed after a trip back from Dialysis. It's a 45 min drive to the SSA office from here. The time she's on dialysis is 4 hrs. What makes it hard is the wait time to speak to someone at the SSA office.

So I've arranged to have a nurse to be here at 10 AM Tuesday morning. Once the nurse arrives and given some special instructions regarding my wife's needs, then I'm gone. At least I'll be glad someone is here to watch over my wife and be there to assist her with whatever needs she will have.

I hope it all works out. I really do.

Yiz

I'm glad you have the Senator helping you. :)

Thanks. I just hope the Senate's office will follow up on my problem and find a solution.

I will be going to the SSA office Tuesday morning, couldn't go yesterday because I felt there wasn't enough time to get to the SSA office and back home in time to assist my wife in getting back to her medical bed after a trip back from Dialysis. It's a 45 min drive to the SSA office from here. The time she's on dialysis is 4 hrs. What makes it hard is the wait time to speak to someone at the SSA office.

So I've arranged to have a nurse to be here at 10 AM Tuesday morning. Once the nurse arrives and given some special instructions regarding my wife's needs, then I'm gone. At least I'll be glad someone is here to watch over my wife and be there to assist her with whatever needs she will have.

Yiz

I can't think of any person who is as caring and diligent as you. Your wife is very blessed to have you

I can't think of any person who is as caring and diligent as you. Your wife is very blessed to have you

walkingnewspaper+smiley+blush.png

Yiz

Yiz

that is really tough. I had to do stuffs like that with my mother when she had breast cancer and turned for the worst (near her death) She lived with us for awhile.

Hope the Senator and his office can help you and wife with this issue.

She's lucky to have a caring hubby like you. :)

Back