What Are You Reading Right now?

Just finished the second of the trilogy by Steig Larsson. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoos and then the Girl Who Played With Fire. Need to read the last book, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest if I want to complete the trilogy.

I'm on my last chapter of that book I was just reading and I'm ready to check out a new mystery book. But this darn AD is discouraging me to finish it :)

Large print version of Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

It's kind of a comedy of magics. I guess released for Halloween.

Re-reading a couple of Steinbeck novels. I go back to his works every few years.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

Yes, I am still working through it. Only time I actually bother reading is on the bus or waiting for an appointment, while eating a sandwich at a bistro by myself and so on-- any time where idleness occur.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

Yes, I am still working through it. Only time I actually bother reading is on the bus or waiting for an appointment, while eating a sandwich at a bistro by myself and so on-- any time where idleness occur.

Got that one on my bookshelf. Started to re-read it not long ago, but decided I needed something lighter and less thought provoking!:giggle:

Re-reading a couple of Steinbeck novels. I go back to his works every few years.

Which ones? Of Men and Mice or Grapes of Wrath? or? I have to confess I need to read his other books and not just these two. I did read one of his other books but I can't remember the title. I think it was called Torillia flats or soemthing like that.

Which ones? Of Men and Mice or Grapes of Wrath? or? I have to confess I need to read his other books and not just these two. I did read one of his other books but I can't remember the title. I think it was called Torillia flats or soemthing like that.

Tortilla Flats is a sort of retelling of King Arthur and knights of the Roundtable, except "King Arthur" is a drunk migrant worker with a heart of gold and so are all the "knights." They live in chicken coops in hills above Monterey. It's a short book, but has one of the best alcoholic quotes in it:

"Do you know, Danny, how the wine of your life is pouring into the fruit jars of the gods?"

I used to love Steinbeck. He's not really taught anymore except in high school, which is a crying shame, as his characters are still some of the most complex and interesting ever created in American literature.

Right now I am reading Kurt Vonnegut's "Happy Birthday, Wanda June." It is a very funny play and highly enjoyable. You can read it at:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WANDA JUNE

Ah, I love Vonnegut! One of my all-time favorite authors. I've read most of his books, but I haven't read that play. I'll check it out some time. Thanks!

Jean-Jacques Rousseau's Confessions

I just finished four books by Steven James which are the Pawn, the Rook, the Bishop and the Knight. They are a series about an FBI detective. I really enjoyed them and look forward to his next book which will be the Queen due out sometime in 2011. Now, I am reading the Grand Design by Stephen Hawking.

I finished The Kite Runner and am now reading What I Talk About When I Talk About Running. It's a memoir by famous Japanese writer Haruki Murakami. In addition to being a writer, he is a long distance runner and has ran marathons and ultra marathons. The book examines the relationship between writing and running for him. It can be a bit rambling at times, but I am enjoying it since I am also a writer and have been running a lot the last couple months. (I run about 25 miles a week).

Here's a great line from it:

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

51WQxWaNJVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

that book is what i am reading..

Currently Phantom in the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon with Dianna Love. I strongly suggest for you guys to look up Sherrilyn's different series. They're awesome novels filled with romance, sci-fi, action, mythology and lots of other things you just get lost in!

The Questors. An English children's book under the Puffin imprint.

Back