Illegal to feed homeless people all over USA

It's easy to criticize the homeless never having tasted what it's like to be homeless, never having a condition that may have caused them to become homeless, never understanding the circumstances that drove them to become homeless, and so on. It's easy to stand on the other side of the line and look down on them because you have it so easy. You have a house or a place to live, food to eat and drink, and entertainment at your disposal with your cable/sat shows, internet connection, and your ever so precious smart phones to update your Twitter stories on an hourly basis. And have the free time to enjoy things in life. Being able to go to a movie theater, an opera, go to a gym to work out, enjoy a family outing at a park or enjoy a fun day at an amusement park. It's easy to criticize the homeless when you have all that stuff never having tasted the realities of homelessness. I'd keep it to myself rather than criticize the homeless people.

Last edited:
my friends and I are attempting to organize a meet sometimes later this month or next month to hand out food to homeless people.
:applause: I may be proud of you. BUT what happens after that? They still live on the streets.

Your quote:

good heart? you think it's a "good heart" to feed a bunch of pigeons and then they shit all over? same thing. it's a public nuisance. and health hazard.

when you keep giving out, they won't work for it cuz they say "why bother? they just keep giving us freebies! what a life!!!!"

Change of heart or what?

Aren't you worried about getting arrested for feeding them?

If people get too desperate the crime rate will go up. No one is going to let themselves and their family go hungry . A woman was putting her grocery in her car and a guy stole her car just so he could get her food for his family .
He did not want the car and left a note saying he was sorry but he had to feed his family .

It's easy to criticize the homeless never having tasted what it's like to be homeless, never having a condition that may have caused them to become homeless, never understanding the circumstances that drove them to become homeless, and so on. It's easy to stand on the other side of the line and look down on them because you have it so easy. You have a house or a place to live, food to eat and drink, and entertainment at your disposal with your cable/sat shows, internet connection, and your ever so precious smart phones to update your Twitter stories on an hourly basis. And have the free time to enjoy things in life. Being able to go to a movie theater, an opera, go to a gym to work out, enjoy a family outing at a park or enjoy a fun day at an amusement park. It's easy to criticize the homeless when you have all that stuff never having tasted the realities of homelessness. I'd keep it to myself rather than criticize the homeless people.

:gpost:

Some drug addicts (drug users) are homeless.

After you just talked about how people shouldn't give food to homeless people because it enables them?
correct.

:applause: I may be proud of you. *BUT what happens after that? They still live on the streets.

Your quote:

good heart? you think it's a "good heart" to feed a bunch of pigeons and *then they shit all over? same thing. it's a public nuisance. and health *hazard.

when you keep giving out, they won't work for it cuz they say "why bother? they just keep giving us freebies! what a life!!!!"*

Change of heart or what?

Aren't you worried about getting arrested for feeding them?

it's not just giving food out. there's more to it. my friend works for FBI. that's why I said we're in process because of legal issue as well as trying to get other professionals involved to help them out.

we're going to lend a ear too.... and offer assistance.

lol! I'm sorry but your post just fall on deaf ears. you pretty much spend your life criticizing deafies, Deafhood, or whatever it is :lol:

btw - I don't think anybody has criticized homeless people in here. looks like somebody jumped the assumption gun a lil' too fast. people are just criticizing the law, not homeless people. tsk.

FYI - it's not illegal to feed homeless people in NYC

:gpost:

Some drug addicts (drug users) are homeless.

yes, and that's partly the reason why asian countries, particularly Indonesia and Thailand have death penalty for drug traffickers because for them, they consider drug dealers are about as equal as murderers, as they believe drugs is used to kill people (and kills their lives, homeless as really bad side effects and all)...
a Drug dealer is same as a murderer, that's how they see it.
just noting a different perspective here, that's all.

do you like to see panhandlers around you?

panhandling-not-illegal.jpg

good heart? you think it's a "good heart" to feed a bunch of pigeons and then they shit all over? same thing. it's a public nuisance. and health hazard.

when you keep giving out, they won't work for it cuz they say "why bother? they just keep giving us freebies! what a life!!!!"

...... and?

You're kidding right? I've been homeless. It was not fun, it was not easy and i never though to myself. Wow it's awesome how much free stuff i get. It's usually cold, hungry and stressful trying to find money for my medication. I'm very thankful for foodbanks and good harted people.

And by the way i've been employed for the last 14 years. Much nicer being employed.

You're kidding right? I've been homeless. It was not fun, it was not easy and i never though to myself. Wow it's awesome how much free stuff i get. It's usually cold, hungry and stressful trying to find money for my medication. I'm very thankful for foodbanks and good harted people.

And by the way i've been employed for the last 14 years. Much nicer being employed.

Right. Which is why I stated that it's better to not be critical of homeless people, especially if you have never experienced it and on the other side of the line in comfort and protection.

Right. Which is why I stated that it's better to not be critical of homeless people, especially if you have never experienced it and on the other side of the line in comfort and protection.

I agree, i think people that have never been there don't understand two things. Not all homeless are just lazy people looking for handouts and just how hard it is to get a job when you've got no place to clean up or clothes that aren't nasty.

btw - I don't think anybody has criticized homeless people in here. looks like somebody jumped the assumption gun a lil' too fast. people are just criticizing the law, not homeless people. tsk.

FYI - it's not illegal to feed homeless people in NYC

Homeless people are allowed to live in a park in city for 2 weeks at a time. I asked a cop f something could be done about homeless making the park look awful by leaving their blankets and belonging around. The cop said they have a right to live in the park. I did not believe ands looked it up when I got home and the cop was right. One store was giving a homeless man free food.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPoEA43cqKc]Everlast ~ What It's Like (With Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

that's great. I'm glad you're able to come out of it. we literally have hundreds and hundreds of organizations and groups dedicated to helping homeless people.

but there are many homeless people who take advantage of freebies. I even see same ones for a few years. homeless people can easily earn at least $100 a day - tax-free. it would be best if people help find them jobs or seek help instead of giving out food or a dollar.

I should have stated this clearly in the beginning - there's a difference between homeless people and panhandlers

Back