Are Dragons true or fake?

Tousi said:
Komodo dragons can chomp some but the real damage they do is with their powerful, long claws!

Yeah, but one thing is, is it really related to dragon that we are talking about?

downing said:
I was watching one show of Steve Irwin. The australian guy...kinda like crocodicle dundee thing. he was saying that a komodo chomped and squeezed the hell out of him , I think arm. i don't remember but he got real bad infection set from a bite.

I found a interview by Andrew Denton....

"Andrew Denton: We've got footage here of you meeting a komodo dragon. Let's check this out.

Steve Irwin on footage: I never really understood the potential danger that I was getting myself into. I never quite realised that these two giant goannas saw me as a food source. And as I approached, unknowingly, they just struck straight at me, going for my calf muscles, trying to pull them out.

KOMODO DRAGONS RUN TOWARDS CAMERA

Steve Irwin: Their teeth are like razors. One bite, one laceration, and I'd bleed out and be dead in an instant. The smell would send other dragons into a frenzy and they'd come from everywhere. (To camera) Holy smokes! That was too close. Let's follow them.

APPLAUSE AND CHEERING

Steve Irwin: Wild lizard."

here is another quote by Irwin, "Our motto, our absolute, what we live and die by, is conservation through exciting education," Irwin says. He is sitting in the dining room of his boyhood home in the Australian state of Queensland, where a battered boot hangs, trophy-like, from a rafter overhead. Irwin nearly lost the boot -- and his leg -- when a raging, flesh-eating Komodo dragon treed him in Indonesia."

I guess goannas are komodos? i know they are dangerous animals..... :eek2:
Goannas and Komodos are two separate things... but from the same family. Komodos grow over 3 meters. Goannas grow to be 2 meters long.

pDragon03.jpg

The dragon is popular across China and Japan. They are believed to scare off evil spirits.

downing said:
thx vampy for clarifying that up. :wiggle:
No problem! :thumb:

Komodo dragons don't really have a bite that's fatal as in tearing the flesh. The fatal part is that their mouth is full of bacteria that it can cause a person to die if not treated properly. No, it's not venom or anything... just too much bacteria for the human body to handle. ;)

I found these entrys in the bible for "leviathan" and "Dragon". Both seem to be used figuratively in most cases, or as in Job, Psalms, to refer to a whale? I guess those two words were the closest that English had at the time to describe a very great beast. I some instances "dragon" very obviously is a metaphor for Satan, the fallen angel. I dunno!

Job 41:1
Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?

Psalm 74:14
Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

Psalm 104:26
There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.

Isaiah 27:1
In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Revelation 12:1
[ The Woman and the Dragon ] A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.

Revelation 12:3
Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads.

Revelation 12:4
His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born.

Revelation 12:7
And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

Revelation 12:9
The great dragon was hurled down–that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Revelation 12:13
When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child.

Revelation 12:16
But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.

Revelation 12:17
Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring–those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Revelation 13:1
And the dragon [ Some late manuscripts And I] stood on the shore of the sea.

Revelation 13:2
[ The Beast out of the Sea ] And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.

Dragons are actually large lizards. The mataphysics of the dragon has gotten into the creative side with people looking at it as some flying beast that spits out fire.

Richard

What I think is that maybe there had been an earthquake, a mudslide or a different natural disaster, and dinosaur bones got unearthed. Someone saw the bones, noted the size of them, and that's probably how the legend of the Dragon got started.

Who knows?

racheleggert said:
I watched a show about Dragons on Animal Planet/Discovery. I have always wonder if they are real or not? Go to http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/dragons/ to learn more

Please discuss kindly, no bashing! Also please stay on topic, thanks!
Let me ask you two simple questions. If you do not believe in dragons, do you believe in firefly?

Another question is if you believe in the Bible, do you know that the Bible talks about real dragon and dinosaur in the Old Testament?

Last edited:
Serendipity said:
I think it is a fake since I have not seen it in reality.
The reality was there in the Old Testament, but not today because they are gone.

Dang. Fireflies? Been a while.
Horned toads? They are gone too.
Turtles? Haven't seen them for a while here either.
I am from Missouri. Show me.

sequoias said:
If dragons existed, why couldn't we find any fossils or bones dug up, showing evidence there were dragons?
Well, do you know what the firefly is? If so, it exists today. Therefore the dragons existed in the Old Testament.

Beowulf said:
Dang. Fireflies? Been a while.
Horned toads? They are gone too.
Turtles? Haven't seen them for a while here either.
I am from Missouri. Show me.
Firefly is still alive in my hometown. When you see firefly, it is warm weather only.

VamPyroX said:
For those of you who follow religion, there is something in the bible describing beasts that are like dragons. However, there's nothing in the Bible that describes dinosaurs.

You believe in the Bible and in dinosaurs, but not dragons? Hmm...
Wrong! The Bible teaches about both of them. Read carefully!

Back