Abandoned Buildings & Sites

Nope, not very safe, alot of very hot spots in the areas. Long term exposure is not recommended. But if you want to go, you'll need the right tools and weather conditions. I think cold weather helps minimize the radiation levels. Don't quote me on it, there may be online guides that offers safety tips when visiting Chernobyl.

Yiz

Wow.. Yiz.. Thanks and very interest this thread! :thumb:

If you want to try some amateur urban exploring, do it at your local public pool that shut down for the winter, just few weeks before Memorial Day weekend when they start cleaning it out and filling in the pools...

I did it recently and it was nuts. It felt very abandoned and they have to do a lot of repairs and the lifeguard's office was well... Unlocked and in a disarray. Wheelchairs toppled over, desks with drawers emptied out, pictures of past lifeguards on the walls gave it an eerie feeling. :lol:

Maybe I'll move up the rank and explore an abandoned asylum around here.

Interesting thread. I recall driving around Detroit a few months ago, and it was practically a ghost town, very eerie.

If you want to try some amateur urban exploring, do it at your local public pool that shut down for the winter, just few weeks before Memorial Day weekend when they start cleaning it out and filling in the pools...

I did it recently and it was nuts. It felt very abandoned and they have to do a lot of repairs and the lifeguard's office was well... Unlocked and in a disarray. Wheelchairs toppled over, desks with drawers emptied out, pictures of past lifeguards on the walls gave it an eerie feeling. :lol:

Maybe I'll move up the rank and explore an abandoned asylum around here.

PICS! PICS! Make it look good and professional so we can get some really good look at details if you can. I'd would not be surprised you may find patient records lying about. Seen some of that before, I was amazed they weren't destroyed. Those would have been a good way to steal and or create new identities.

Yiz

PICS! PICS! Make it look good and professional so we can get some really good look at details if you can. I'd would not be surprised you may find patient records lying about. Seen some of that before, I was amazed they weren't destroyed. Those would have been a good way to steal and or create new identities.

Yiz

I wish I took pictures! It's too late now. :( Maybe next winter when the pools are deemed abandoned again?

Speaking of Chernobyl, you can go there with a tour guide for only a few hours. The most important thing is not to leave any camera or clothing article especially caps/hats on ground or flat concrete and likes; otherwise, they will pick up some tony radioactive elements.

I have a link about the American who went there as a tourist and did alot of pictures. They are truly amazing.

Sadly, Chernobyl will not be habitable for a long time.

Back