Rochester, NY Deaf Nation Expo

LakeTahoe

Reaction score
Does anyone is going to deaf nation expo on September 21st?

I may will go, and that'll keep me and my boys out of the house! :giggle:

DeafNation World Expo

cool. i ll see about it. thanks for the heads up, and keep bumping this thread when the date gets closer. :D

Wow, this looks great. 4 1/2 hour drive - I could do that. Does anyone know the hotels in the area? I'm looking at google listings, and the reviews are all over the place. I don't want to spend a fortune, and I don't need any frills - just a clean place to sleep and get cleaned up in the morning. Any recommendations?

There are several...

Roof Inn
Motel 6
Motel 8
Days Inn (I think)
Rodeway Inn Or something like that (it's right off 390, near Cracker Barrell, but I'll need double check the name of motel/hotel)
Doubletree hotel

I agreed with you not want to spend so much $$ on hotel for only sleep and shower/bath to clean up....

We were in Pittsburgh in June for the weekend and we stayed at Motel 6... the worst one we went...we liked Cranberry one (which it is way much better and a bit bigger) oh well... at least we got to sleep and shower and visited our wonderful family over the weekend :thumb:

I'll check it around when I am nearby the neighborhood

I live across the town so that's about 15 min drive...I don't mind drive but I prefer to save on gas for dr or grocery shopping etc trip

Wow, this looks great. 4 1/2 hour drive - I could do that. Does anyone know the hotels in the area? I'm looking at google listings, and the reviews are all over the place. I don't want to spend a fortune, and I don't need any frills - just a clean place to sleep and get cleaned up in the morning. Any recommendations?

Thanks! Yes definitely don't waste any gas to look at motels:0

I can see the listings on googlemaps, and see where they are, how far, cost, etc. But then they have reviews, and there will be some that say the place was clean and good value, then someone will say the room was horrible, disgusting, etc. Not sure if someone had a bad experience, or wants to give the hotel a bad time or what. Not sure who to believe. So I was just looking to see if anyone here (I trust alldeaf more than the whole internet, especially if I've seen the username before) had been to any of these hotels, or have friends who have.

Sorry to hear about the bad Pittsburgh Motel 6:(

But sort of exciting to find out people from AllDeaf came through my city:wave: - giving me ideas about looking for meetups:)

There are several...

Roof Inn
Motel 6
Motel 8
Days Inn (I think)
Rodeway Inn Or something like that (it's right off 390, near Cracker Barrell, but I'll need double check the name of motel/hotel)
Doubletree hotel

I agreed with you not want to spend so much $$ on hotel for only sleep and shower/bath to clean up....

We were in Pittsburgh in June for the weekend and we stayed at Motel 6... the worst one we went...we liked Cranberry one (which it is way much better and a bit bigger) oh well... at least we got to sleep and shower and visited our wonderful family over the weekend :thumb:

I live across the town so that's about 15 min drive...I don't mind drive but I prefer to save on gas for dr or grocery shopping etc trip

You know what bother me... most people said "deaf expo". What's wrong with "DeafNation Expo"?

I usually ask which deaf expo?

We are going to Deaf Nation Expo in Chicago in November. :)

Cool...when is that? I'll love to meet you guys! Its only 12 hours from here......I can catch trains with kids (hubby can come if he want) and I can stay with friend that lives in Chicago for a night or two....see see

We are going to Deaf Nation Expo in Chicago in November. :)

Don't forget RIT Inn

roof Inn? Your referring to RED roof Inn.

There are several...

Roof Inn
Motel 6
Motel 8
Days Inn (I think)
Doubletree hotel

That would be motel 6, I am not sure how clean they are. I noticed not all motel 6 are clean, some are and others, ahem....

If you find motel or hotel, just drop here and let us know and we can give you thumbs either up or down so you can decide. You drive up here? Or using public transportation? Asked because it can make difference. We do not have that great public transportation here, however you wont be see much of traffic jams here like in Pittsburgh (You will be likely to realize how smooth traffic is up here and won't miss traffic in Pgh).

Be warned, if you go to Motel 6, the shortest way to RIT is back road, and you will be driving though what I called cop's alley and that is Scottsville Road, and it is about 8 minutes drive.

As for dining, plenty of dining spots at RIT! They are little overpriced but still cheaper than go to Jefferson road where there is tons of restaurants on that road. Like Red Robins, Red lobster, Joe's Crab shack, Denny's, Golden corrals, texas road house, sticky fingers, bungaboo, Dibellas (The one in Cranberry township, PA if you been there) and all kinds of fast food except KFC and Arby's which is on West Henrietta RD.

You could go to Wegmans, they have their own dining room where you can order cooked food and eat there. Don't forget that Wegman's is number one supermarket in the world, and ranked 3rd as best company to work for.

Cool...when is that?

Nov. 2: Chicago, IL
Harper College – Building M
Wellness and Sports Center
1200 W. Algonquin Road
Palatine, IL 60067

Other dates and locations at DeafNation Expo

(actually just 2 that haven't happened yet, besides Chicago and Rochester) :

Oct. 12: Pleasanton, CA
Alameda County Fair – Young California Building
4501 Pleasanton Ave
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Oct. 19: Portland, OR
Portland Expo Center
2060 North Marine Drive
Portland, OR 97217

If you find motel or hotel, just drop here and let us know and we can give you thumbs either up or down so you can decide. You drive up here? Or using public transportation? Asked because it can make difference. We do not have that great public transportation here, however you wont be see much of traffic jams here like in Pittsburgh (You will be likely to realize how smooth traffic is up here and won't miss traffic in Pgh).

Be warned, if you go to Motel 6, the shortest way to RIT is back road, and you will be driving though what I called cop's alley and that is Scottsville Road, and it is about 8 minutes drive.

As for dining, plenty of dining spots at RIT! They are little overpriced but still cheaper than go to Jefferson road where there is tons of restaurants on that road. Like Red Robins, Red lobster, Joe's Crab shack, Denny's, Golden corrals, texas road house, sticky fingers, bungaboo, and all kinds of fast food except KFC and Arby's which is on West Henrietta RD

Thanks! Super helpful:)

And I would be driving.

Days Inn and Motel 6's are usually the low of the low... They get constant bed bug reports and all that. ( I work part time in the hospitality industry ) Motel 6 was just bought out by La Quinta, which is right in there with Red Roof Inn. Not completely disgusting, but not the absolute death worst. Just above Days Inn essentially. I always tell people just google bedbugs.com. They will tell you of any reported bed bugs at the property you're looking at. Let me tell you, once you get them, they're RIDICULOUS to get rid off and spread like wildfire. Motel 6, RedRoof and Days in have the highest reports of bedbugs. D= Just be careful! D=!!! and have fun!!! I need to find the Tampa Florida deaf expo... =O

Days Inn and Motel 6's are usually the low of the low... They get constant bed bug reports and all that. ( I work part time in the hospitality industry ) Motel 6 was just bought out by La Quinta, which is right in there with Red Roof Inn. Not completely disgusting, but not the absolute death worst. Just above Days Inn essentially. I always tell people just google bedbugs.com. They will tell you of any reported bed bugs at the property you're looking at. Let me tell you, once you get them, they're RIDICULOUS to get rid off and spread like wildfire. Motel 6, RedRoof and Days in have the highest reports of bedbugs. D= Just be careful! D=!!! and have fun!!! I need to find the Tampa Florida deaf expo... =O

Yikes! I may just make it a marathon driving day: drive up, see the expo, drive home. Thanks for the heads up.

Back