Should schools be opened on saturdays?

Well we cant have taxpayers paying scholarships for kids who cant afford college And get this,Some Black kids get free college while white kids have to pay but some of them cant afford it.So why not make kids go to school on saturdays and by Mid April you work your ass off at your job and save for college by working for 4 months until you get back to school in september.Why should i have to pay for college? Its Bad enough local governments have to increase local sales taxes to pay for schools.So why should i have to pay it? I DONT EVEN HAVE CHILDREN!!

It's not true, both of white and black students are same but many black students from high school in South LA area are going to university, community college, go to work, go to other school based on career goal or take credit for senior again. It's same thing for white, asian and latino. You must know better about people in USA and I would let my kids to break time on weekend, also I love them to spend on my family.

College is much different from high school because college have part-time classes based on days and schedule. That's decide from board of education in USA, also based on federal law to control on all public school.

Some school system offers saturday school for punishment that who's in big trouble but not in LA school.

Also, most people take off at job on weekend too.

It´s not necassary to have school on Saturdays.

Here in Germany, we have 5 days school but they goes school on saturday once to twice a year.

Knock it off Buck.. You have been so judgemental lately... :roll:

I wouldnt put kids in school on saturday or sunday or holiday.. spend precious time with family.. AND other thing..

spend more taxpayers and $ to school for extra a day.. its IMPOSSIBLE for us to have kids go school on Saturday.. because alot of school cuts and teacher cuts all over our country USA...

but there is few school runs all year round, 1 or 2 weeks break every 3 months..

About the colleges... depends on where you live.. mostly they get grants or scholarships in community college or local college.. sometimes out of states too.. depends on your grades since you were 8 or 9 grades or work hard to proof their moviations and they deserve it..

its fair for most races to get scholarships and grants..

No way cuz I rather have my son go to school for 5 days so that I can take him to go away on the weekend instead staying home do nothing.

Leaving the house on Friday afternoon to go out of town for a weekend and come home on Sunday afternoon is a good thing for a family weekend time.

Then why are Japanese and Chinese Kids way ahead of american kids in tech skills?

I am split on this issue. On the one hand, I agree with Buck to a point. The U.S. needs to keep pace with other countries, but I don't know that extending the school week is going to do it alone. We may have to extend the school year. I've heard of certain school districts wanting to extend the school year from the usual ten months to a full year.

On the other hand, I also agree with Lucia. I think children should be allowed to be kids, and should have time for recreational acitivities. I think kid's lives are way too structured nowadays, and we need to return to the days where kids came home from school, threw down their backpacks, and went out to play in the yard until suppertime.

Eh, so I guess :dunno:

:lol:

:eek3: :crazy: :crazy:

HECK NO!!!!!!! I would not send my son to school on Saturday! Let the kids enjoy weekend off and spend days with her/his parent, friends, families. Also what's more...what if kids have baseball, basketball, swimming, soccer and etc games on Saturday? Sports are fun for kids instead go school on Saturday. I agreed with few others ADers about tax payers. I would NOT pay a cent more for it! Monday to Friday is enough. We just follow 180 days of school for Pre school to 12th grade. College, I am not sure how it works with the system. Of course College offer Saturday classes.

Has anyone asked the teachers if they want to work six days a week?

I don't think so.

Has anyone asked the teachers if they want to work six days a week?

I don't think so.

That's a good point. Like I indicated, school systems have batted around the idea of extending the school year, and teachers didn't go for that idea, either. You're probably right. It'd be a hard sell to the teachers; as well as the students.

I agreed with few others ADers about tax payers. I would NOT pay a cent more for it!

Well here in st lucie county i haver to pay this called .05% Sales tax added to the state 6% sales tax which comes out to be 6.5% Sales tax I GOT NO CHIOCE BUT TO PAY IT. Mom Tells me its stupid to drive 30 minutes to Vero Beach just to advoid paying the extra .05% Sales tax.BUT i heard people in tennesee driving across state lines to buy groceries to Advoid paying sales tax on food.The Samething marylanders do.They drive all the way up to Pennsylvania Just to buy clothes cause In Maryland you have to pay Sales Tax on All clothing.

Well here in st lucie county i haver to pay this called .05% Sales tax added to the state 6% sales tax which comes out to be 6.5% Sales tax I GOT NO CHIOCE BUT TO PAY IT. Mom Tells me its stupid to drive 30 minutes to Vero Beach just to advoid paying the extra .05% Sales tax.BUT i heard people in tennesee driving across state lines to buy groceries to Advoid paying sales tax on food.The Samething marylanders do.They drive all the way up to Pennsylvania Just to buy clothes cause In Maryland you have to pay Sales Tax on All clothing.

I wonder why people from your local area drives to another county or next state in order to pay low sale tax. Your local government may have to increase your mama's property tax or your rental apartment expense....

Please support your donation to your local community, or your competive local government will steal your money and support you as the resident for nothing...

Always listen to your wise mother...

Eh, Buck... I have to disagree. I lived in Maryland most of my life, and I never heard of people going across state lines to avoid paying Maryland's 5% sales tax.

I didn't think FL had a sales tax, but I could be wrong.

Btw, I live in Monroe Co.

I wonder why people from your local area drives to another county or next state in order to pay low sale tax. Your local government may have to increase your mama's property tax or your rental apartment expense....

Please support your donation to your local community, or your competive local government will steal your money and support you as the resident for nothing...

Always listen to your wise mother...
I Favor raising Property taxes to pay for schools like Baltimore County did in the called piggyback tax.The Piggyback tax makes property owners both private and business pay property tax for county schools.Well i dont own property so i dont pay it.But Im Bitching about the extra .05% county Sales tax.Cause it makes everybody pay it.

Eh, Buck... I have to disagree. I lived in Maryland most of my life, and I never heard of people going across state lines to avoid paying Maryland's 5% sales tax.

I didn't think FL had a sales tax, but I could be wrong.

Btw, I live in Monroe Co.

I did..I went to York to shop.

I Favor raising Property taxes to pay for schools like Baltimore County did in the called piggyback tax.The Piggyback tax makes property owners both private and business pay property tax for county schools.Well i dont own property so i dont pay it.But Im Bitching about the extra .05% county Sales tax.Cause it makes everybody pay it.

That does not work since your county commissioners own their own home property(s). How are you gonna to solve the problems? I bet they would increase your rental housing expense...

Back