7 year old girl abducted from my sisters apartment complex!( Updated 12.5.11)

I thought I'd let everyone know the very sad news. I just got a text message from my sister alerting me that the little was found in a dumpster on the property of the apartment complex today. She was badly beaten and sexually assaulted. She was only 7 years old. Missing 7-year-old's body found in Dumpster | www.wsbtv.com

I am currently beside myself as of this moment.
How could someone do this? It's different seeing it on the news. You can deattach yourself from it. I cannot. My family personally got involved in the seach for the little girl as did I. It's a total heart break.

Pray for the family and for the swift apprehension of the individual responsible for this horrific murder of an innocent.

Thank you-

p.s-I do have some good news. Nancy Grace is picking this story up. I hope it's because I contacted her on sat night about the girl. Here's the link to her twitter. Twitter I'm happy that NG is picking this story up. At least I helped in some small way ya know?
S.

Damn. I was hoping that something like this wouldn't happen. That's heartbreaking news.

As for questions as to why people do things like this? I don't understand why such people would do things like this.

My thoughts goes out to her and your family. :hug: I just wish this hadn't happened.

OMFG! That's just sad. It is not fair to that little girl. It's not fair to her family and friends, too. Heartbreaking!

Very sad news. My prayers go out to the family and volunteers that spent so much time searching.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

Oh, how sad and awful for the family. The family must be devestated. :( I hope they catch this evildoer quickly.

Special place in hell for those that harm children. Verrrrrrry "special".

My little sister's family used to live in those apartments. We are all alarmed at the recent news. I hope they catch whoever is responsible for this.

I thought I'd let everyone know the very sad news. I just got a text message from my sister alerting me that the little was found in a dumpster on the property of the apartment complex today. She was badly beaten and sexually assaulted. She was only 7 years old. Missing 7-year-old's body found in Dumpster | www.wsbtv.com

I am currently beside myself as of this moment.
How could someone do this? It's different seeing it on the news. You can deattach yourself from it. I cannot. My family personally got involved in the seach for the little girl as did I. It's a total heart break.

Pray for the family and for the swift apprehension of the individual responsible for this horrific murder of an innocent.

Thank you-

p.s-I do have some good news. Nancy Grace is picking this story up. I hope it's because I contacted her on sat night about the girl. Here's the link to her twitter. Twitter I'm happy that NG is picking this story up. At least I helped in some small way ya know?
S.

I saw this on the news and I was very heartbroken to hear what happen to this innocent child. My heart goes out to her famliy . I hope the monster is found and removed from the streets before he /they get away. This is such a horrible crime !

I can only hope it wasn't family-related, someone the little girl loved or trusted. That would be the worst. IMO.

I wonder what the teenager that was supposed to be babysitting was doing when the child went to get a drink.

That apartment complex has a gate code to enter. The child was inside the complex - if this was an "outsider" they would have had to have had the gate code to get in.

Then, there was mention of a white honda that was left running for an hour near the playground but no one was in it? Could the police give some specific details other than white, honda?

Accord, Civic, 4 door sedan, 2 door, van, truck, SUV?

Whoever did this had to have a gate code and know how to use the compactor.

How devastating. My condolences to the family and everyone involved in the search for this little one. :(

I can only hope it wasn't family-related, someone the little girl loved or trusted. That would be the worst. IMO.

Unfortunately, AlleyCat, that is the case far more often than it is a stranger. The person who sexually assaults a child is more often known by the family, and if not a family member, someone the family trusts. Given some of the details of this case, I'm afraid that it will turn out to be someone the family knows and trusts.

My wife has been crying on and off about this. I personally cannot understand how people who would do such a thing even exist.

Most apartments have security cameras up near trash compactors and entrances/exits.

This kind of thing is just my worst nightmare. Like some of the others, I am speechless. I cant even begin to comprehend how could someone would want to do something like that.

All I can is offer my deepest sympathies for the family and to those (including the OP) who were involved.

I wish child killers didnt exist on this planet.

What a sad, sad situation. Interesting that the other children have been removed from the home due to concern about supervision. I wonder if the children were younger or older.

Also interesting that they have interviewed sex offenders in the area and stated that they have no reason to suspect them. Of course, DNA will be helpful in either clearing them or proving guilt, one of the two. If they are registered sex offenders, their DNA will be on file.

I think we are going to see some developments in this case that are going to be different from everyone suspects.

What a sad, sad situation. Interesting that the other children have been removed from the home due to concern about supervision. I wonder if the children were younger or older.

Also interesting that they have interviewed sex offenders in the area and stated that they have no reason to suspect them. Of course, DNA will be helpful in either clearing them or proving guilt, one of the two. If they are registered sex offenders, their DNA will be on file.

I think we are going to see some developments in this case that are going to be different from everyone suspects.

I don't like the implications of this. I just hope it's not what I think it is. The whole thing is really sad.

I don't like the implications of this. I just hope it's not what I think it is. The whole thing is really sad.

Yes, it is. But it is looking more and more as if this was not a stranger abduction.

Back