Are you a leftie or a rightie?

So no one tried to made you use only your right hand? I am thinking you're about my age and I thought anyone that was ambidextrous was forced to be a rightie like my sister was. I am a rightie.

I am naturally left handed, and then was made to use my right hand.

Then I got my stepmother, who was aghast at this and worried about brain development , so back to the left hand.

Consequently, I am a bit mixed up and actually do different skills with different hands.

Cut with left hand, throw with right hand, write with both...

Then I got my stepmother, who was aghast at this and worried about brain development , so back to the left hand.

Consequently, I am a bit mixed up and actually do different skills with different hands.

My grandfather was a leftie until he went to school in Australia. (that's where he lived) His left hand was tied behind his back and he was forced to use his right. If he tried to loosen the left hand, he was hit with a ruler each time. He never did learn to use his right hand. His parents protested and fought with the school and they left him alone after that. All of his family for generations were lefties. Funny thing is, his three children, my mother is the only righty.

I write with my right for the most part unless I need to use my left but with sports I am more left dominant and I tumble to the left, twisting is easier to the left but I snowboard to the right..lol and no when I was in elementary school I would pretend I couldn't use my left :D lol

My grandfather was a leftie until he went to school in Australia. (that's where he lived) His left hand was tied behind his back and he was forced to use his right. If he tried to loosen the left hand, he was hit with a ruler each time. He never did learn to use his right hand. His parents protested and fought with the school and they left him alone after that. All of his family for generations were lefties. Funny thing is, his three children, my mother is the only righty.

THAT IS HORRIBLE!! I've actually heard of that stuff happening. But I'm a leftie and 2/6 of my bros and siss are lefties.

I don't think anyone knew about the brain development be affected by making a child use their right hand instead of their left when my sister was a kid. when one of her hands got tried writing she would use the other one in school. I can how that would made you a little mixed being told to go from hand and back to the other.

Well, I write,throw, hold, wipe and shoot with my right hand. I kick with my right foot but I swing as a lefty. Cannot swing anything as righty.. Dont ask me why... :dunno:

Conservatively, I'm a rightie in many things but I make liberal use of my left hand to use the mouse whenever I'm on the computer. Oh, I bat left and right, too.

Leftie for eating with fork and spoon; writing, drawing, and painting; playing guitars

Rightie for throwing a baseball or tennis ball or handball; bowling ball, hooping a basketball, shooting darts, using a knife for slicing/chopping foods

They call me leftie but I'm rightie.. or more of ambidextrous. I only use left hand with writing on paper or use fork, and everything else is right hand, if I use white board, I use my right hand. I'm right handed sign, I throw ball with right hand..I mean everything.

I'm genius...yeah..

Wow... somehow being a rightie seems so boring now.

LOL, nah. I always like some of the jokes/rumors righties pass around about lefties :). It's even funnier when lefties repeat it.

- Lefties are smarter
- Lefties are more right brained
- (my favorite) 95% of people in prison are lefties
- Lefties are more in tuned with their bad sides
- Lefties are more artistic

Though ALL of these have been disproven, everyone still seems to believe them for some reason. It's something I've learned to laugh over :)

I'm left-handed.

I've always wondered why handedness is not more "evenly distributed",us humans having 2 hands. It's been estimated that worldwide,10-15% of the general population is left-handed. Why isn't it closer to 50/50?

I'm left-handed.

I've always wondered why handedness is not more "evenly distributed",us humans having 2 hands. It's been estimated that worldwide,10-15% of the general population is left-handed. Why isn't it closer to 50/50?

I think in the next few years, it will become more evenly distributed. I even think we may see more lefties than righties. We do start at the left side of the page for crying out loud, but as much as I hate to say this, I blame religious overtone for the lack of lefties now. Left handed people have been seen as evil for decades. Back in the old days they wrote from write to left so they naturally started with their right hand. Now, we start from left to right. I think now that people aren't scared they will go to Hell for being left handed, society may dominately switch to their left hands.

My son was always left handed since he started using his hands as a baby. But for some reason, after his first year in public school, he was right handed. School could have cared less. Now, at 16, he uses eating utensils with his left hand, writes with his right hand and when signing, it's with either hand that is empty at the time.

Ambidextrous.

I can do all things with both hand but some things prefer one hand over other.

I sign with left hand but some reason at uni for 3 years I signed right cos terp was right now I been work for year and back to my left hand again.

I mainly use my left hand to write and I can do both equally well, just little faster with left. Useful in long exams, can switch hand over.

Btw: If you can write both hand, is your writing is different? Mine is.

For the most part I'm ambidextrous.

I do (90% of the time) write with my Right hand, and sign right handed, but that's mainly because I was taught that way and when learning to write had teachers who still clung to the "right is better" mind set.

I'm a leftie for everything unfortunately as it is not a very strong hand!! Always have struggled with writing and cutting and stuff!!

Back