Stick with your own kind? or Mix it up!

Texas women are just plain mean. Give me a sweet little asian who would rather kill me in my sleep then run over me with my own truck.

I have already been married 30 years and my husband and I are both Caucasian so I guess that must have been my preference. But I didn't know anyone of another race at that time. Iowa is noted for a lack of diversity.

Hehe, Botti; the Iowan corn's so tall, you couldn't see the rest of the world! :lol:

:laugh2: Funny, in a sadly true kind of way!

Texas women are just plain mean. Give me a sweet little asian who would rather kill me in my sleep then run over me with my own truck.

Good thing that I am not Texas woman. hehehe. Lucky me California gal.

Since i was a kid i always dreamed of marrying someone mexican...but wasnt really attracted to them i was always attracted to asians..... but kept thinking I HAD TO MARRY MY OWN KIND....but what do you know...im gonna marry a filipino :D:D:D:D

Very interesting thread ! As for me, all my past relationships were cacausian with different nationalities. All of them had hazel eyes....never been w/ blue or brown eyes before. And, now this time my new boyfriend has brown eyes w/ long brown hair. He's taller than all my past relationships . We will meet in person for the 1st time in a couple weeks. :D

Soo.. I guess, I am for cacausian w/ different nationalities. :)

I don't have any preference... as long as we get along well.

I did have a thing for a Middle Eastern woman, an African American woman, a Chinese woman, an Indian (not Native Indian) woman, and a Hispanic woman.

I have heard a few interesting comments from friends and people. My black friend has never dated a black girl - just mostly "light" skin color such as white, asian, etc.... because he felt "diminished" when being seen with a black girlfriend in public. Dating someone of lighter skin color raises one's status. I thought I find it interesting - a sociological issue.

one may prefer to date same kind for the sake of "similarity and simplicity." For ie - you do not have to worry about certain issues such as religious belief, views, etc - that means less conflicts between each other when raising children.

great responses, guys & gals!! I thought this thread would give us a deeper thought about our life and preference when it comes to marrying one even though we are unconsciously "non-racist"

i do learn about dating whatevers myself but i dating previous boyfriend who lives in USA and they NOW im dating with James our boyfriend he from London,England but he not from USA but he lives in England.

im from American gals and my boyfriend is Englishman its totally mixed between my family and his family i know any people who is USA or not they have experience for that!

i do learn about dating whatevers myself but i dating previous boyfriend who lives in USA and they NOW im dating with James our boyfriend he from London,England but he not from USA but he lives in England.

im from American gals and my boyfriend is Englishman its totally mixed between my family and his family i know any people who is USA or not they have experience for that!

:confused:

Yes, it's grammatical error. No body is perfect, to be precise. :)

I know it is grammatical error, but other things is not right unfortunately, but I am not going to say anything here.

Interesting thread you've created here, jiro.

I've always preferred a white man, but if they came from Italian or Greek backgrounds, I doubt I'd mind. They could be British, Irish, Swedish, Canadian or whatever for all I care.

I have noticed that there are more and more biracial children now. Have you noticed that as well?

At least my son and daughter wont feel like they dont belong like biracial kids did 20 years ago. I am a little worried about that but when I went to my daughter's promotion a few weeks ago, whoa! So many children who are mixed...one girl was half Japenese and half black...beautiful girl! Rare to see that.

I have noticed that there are more and more biracial children now. Have you noticed that as well?

At least my son and daughter wont feel like they dont belong like biracial kids did 20 years ago. I am a little worried about that but when I went to my daughter's promotion a few weeks ago, whoa! So many children who are mixed...one girl was half Japenese and half black...beautiful girl! Rare to see that.

20 years ago my children were small, and they knew quite a few biracial children. The friends they had seemed pretty well adjusted to me. We lived in El Paso then which has a big army base. So we knew several kids who were mixed Korean and black. Maybe they were suffering, but I never noticed. All the kids seemed to get along.

it seems like an interesting cultural, sociological, psychological, etc. issue to think about. For example -

1. minority men wants to marry "white" (any nationalities with white skin) to boost their status/image in society.
2. more and more white men prefer to marry asian women because they are docile and very family-oriented.

Back