FBI Warrants against two VRS companies and other companies

Please do not confuse between VRS and TRS, this fraud is for TRS not VRS. TRS stands for Text Relay Service, while VRS stands for Video Relay Service.

Please remember, IPrelay falls under TRS not VRS. The IPrelay is the easiest tool for any scammers scam innocent hearing victims.

It does not hit VRS much because most scammers do not know sign language, resulting harder for them to use VRS than IPrelay. That is why I stick with VRS because of this.

DHB

Ed’s Telecom Alert FBI Warrants and Warning

FYI: it is interesting to see how those companies have operated in alleged illegal activities.

Did you read the two links to ICSD and Hawkins? They are SPECIFICALLY alleging VRS abuse, not TRS/IP. I think the parts about "interpreters" "VI" and "privacy screen" make it quite apparent it's VRS.

Gee! Your right, I overlooked these two links. Thanks for pointing out.

Did you read the two links to ICSD and Hawkins? They are SPECIFICALLY alleging VRS abuse, not TRS/IP. I think the parts about "interpreters" "VI" and "privacy screen" make it quite apparent it's VRS.

From reading the warrant ..

It seem to me that ...

It is VRS companies cheating FCC by abusing using "Run-calls" methods

The warrant claimed that VRS companies did was hire people to call their VRS and put them on hold using private screen or ask VRS to call recording phone numbers that have a long recording to run up minutes.

And people to call VRS to run up minutes get paid 12 or 20 dollar an hour by VRS companies so VRS can bill to FCC per minutes to make a profit.

They said VRS started billing FCC about 10 million dollar then suddenly the bills jumped to 51 million dollar so they became suspectous and start invesagating and found that they were running up minutes with worthless calls or hiring outside people to call their VRS and run up minutes to have it on log to turn in for billing.

Please do not confuse between VRS and TRS, this fraud is for TRS not VRS. TRS stands for Text Relay Service, while VRS stands for Video Relay Service.

Please remember, IPrelay falls under TRS not VRS. The IPrelay is the easiest tool for any scammers scam innocent hearing victims.

It does not hit VRS much because most scammers do not know sign language, resulting harder for them to use VRS than IPrelay. That is why I stick with VRS because of this.

DHB

I did not get confused. I read the criminal complaints which were linked with PDF so I know what I have done.

Correct

From reading the warrant ..

It seem to me that ...

It is VRS companies cheating FCC by abusing using "Run-calls" methods

The warrant claimed that VRS companies did was hire people to call their VRS and put them on hold using private screen or ask VRS to call recording phone numbers that have a long recording to run up minutes.

And people to call VRS to run up minutes get paid 12 or 20 dollar an hour by VRS companies so VRS can bill to FCC per minutes to make a profit.

They said VRS started billing FCC about 10 million dollar then suddenly the bills jumped to 51 million dollar so they became suspectous and start invesagating and found that they were running up minutes with worthless calls or hiring outside people to call their VRS and run up minutes to have it on log to turn in for billing.

You are basically right.

After re-read the whole document, diguesting...

What it means is that one of these scumbag VRS terp agreed to get a call from another country, then leave it as "Park" with privacy mode enabled which results generating the minutes on call from FCC.

This kind of abuse should never be tolerated.

TRS telecommunicatiosn relay service mean any relay service like tty speech video ip etc not just text

I was going to say no matter what kind of equipment like TTY, TDD, VP, text message, IM but I found qwerty123's first message.
Telecommuncation Relay is use any devices. Just communcation between you and your relay service.

Yes, I agree with qwerty123.

I seem that Hawkins is fraud???? NO TIME FOR ME TO READ. I have to go to see doctor for my heart (not want happen like Billy Mays) at 11am.
Let you read this information....
http://www.edsalert.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Hawkinscriminalcomplaint.pdf

This is where I do need to state my need to type instead of sign to Viable operators and other VRS operators when they won't sign for me. Some of them will disconnect & I have to call them back, explain to them I'm not able to view 3D being DeafBlind.

They will state FCC regulations and I tell them that there leaves a margin for human error.

Viable

Viable is company 2 in the FBI warrant application. Company 1 is CAC out of Flint, Michigan.

Thanks for the article on Viable. Not much has been released on VRS fraud, but I hear a number of VIs (or CAs, or VRS interpreters, whatever you want to call them) have been served with subpoenas.

Just be certain that this whole situation will get much worse before it gets better.

Viable is company 2 in the FBI warrant application. Company 1 is CAC out of Flint, Michigan.

Thanks for the article on Viable. Not much has been released on VRS fraud, but I hear a number of VIs (or CAs, or VRS interpreters, whatever you want to call them) have been served with subpoenas.

Just be certain that this whole situation will get much worse before it gets better.

What surprised me is Viable is not certified as a VRS company, but still they are able to operate. If the VRS company is not certified, then they should not operate as a VRS company. period. That is my opinion.

I'm not familiar with both VRS companies. Wow, they're sure in trouble.

Some rumor said FCC had found that Viable VRS minutes were over than limit. They may cut them. Not sure.

Back