IP Relay SErvice from Bell Canada

jwillisbarrie

Reaction score
I registered for IP Relay and got my number (9 digits - same as Telus Relay) the number is area code followed by 6 numbers.

705XXXXXX

I got accepted and set up and used it twice to test, called my Dad and used it for about 1 minute.

On Monday (Feb 7th) I got an email saying that is was suspended.

When I try to logon it says:
Sorry, you have not been approved for this service right now.
Please wait for your confirmation e-mail or contact customer support.

I contacted them and they are not sure but they think it will be available on the 14th (Monday) - Has anyone on here tried to use Telus, Bell, or Rogers IP Relay lately ?

Thanks... Jim

I don't recall reading IP service starting from Bell/.Rogers/Telus in the newspaper.
Just use 711 with my VCO TTY-UltraTec 1140.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Seems that Bell Canada is now offering IP. An ad on the top of this thread .

Implanted AB Harmony activated Aug/07

I'll have to say, "about time!" -- iprelay.bell.ca
I'd been occasionally using U.S. based IP relay services until they blocked Canadian users from being able to use them... I've been relying on my own homebrew solution (www.minitty.com) which is essentially a TDD/TTY modem connected to a Linux box that I can remotely SSH to from an iPhone or BlackBerry, so I don't have to carry around my own TDD/TTY.

To register for Bell IP-Relay, so you can use a web browser instead of a TDD/711 to call BCRS - you must have a Bell Home Phone Line and then register at Getting started - Bell IP Relay- Bell

I happened to switch to Bell Canada for their FibeTV. (IPTV, which is better picture quality than Rogers Cable and Bell Satellite). I also use Rogers Canada Message Relay Service too, since I am a Rogers cellphone subscriber. (Rogers Message Relay is AIM-based, but I very strongly prefer browser-based IP-Relay services).

It seems they are having trouble or forgot a link.
Today I just made a relay call on Bell using https://myiprelay.bell.ca
If you use Bell it says - "Service not available"
I registered and had number 70500000X until they said I had registered too early and said I had to re-register. It is working well now.

One problem with the video relay service in Canada as you noticed it says BELL VRS. It's limited to Bell Canada Phone company only. I am not using BELL for their phone company. I am using Cogeco because it's cheaper. BELL phone company is the only one with VRS so it's monopoly. If Deaf people want to use VRS then they will be forced to change their phone company to BELL Canada in order to use their VRS service.

Back