14 y/o girl arrested for posting nude photos of herself.

So maybe no public presentations but perhaps something to demonstrate that she understands the dangers of what she has done and to make sure she never does something stupid like this again. Believe me I know kids who have done similar stuff like this and continue to do it despite getting in trouble for it numerous times. They just don't get it or they don't care.

So maybe no public presentations but perhaps something to demonstrate that she understands the dangers of what she has done and to make sure she never does something stupid like this again. Believe me I know kids who have done similar stuff like this and continue to do it despite getting in trouble for it numerous times. They just don't get it or they don't care.

i believe ya, i know a few real life crazies, one of whom is one of my best freind and a full time geek, some places he goes in internet is really really disturbing but he doesnt care and thinks is so funny...its scary...the minds of the young generation, er dammit should i say post-Y generation, what are they called now?

If this were Tanzania or Malaysia would it still be a problem? Scotland? Mexico?

New Hampshire?

Paraguay Civil Code Article 39 clause "b" reads - “The legal incapacity of minors will cease: ...(b) for gentlemen of 16 and for women of 14 years completed, through marriage, with the limitations established in this Code”.

I believe in Scotland that age of adulthood is 17 as at that age they are allowed to be served in pubs and bars. I think the legal driving age is 18. Weird.

Correction: after a google search the legal driving age in all of UK is 17 not 18.

I agree this young girl should have consequences... However forcing her to register as a sex offender is just ridiculous. She clearly has some issues, and it seems the parents MAY have let her have a bit too much autonomy and not enough rules/boundaries. I think it's sad she did this. In my opinion, this was a cry for attention. I know I was a little spitfire when I was 14, but the thought would have never occurrd to me to send naked pics of myself... Even if I really liked someone...

I think she got far more attention than she bargained for!

I believe in Scotland that age of adulthood is 17 as at that age they are allowed to be served in pubs and bars. I think the legal driving age is 18. Weird.

Correction: after a google search the legal driving age in all of UK is 17 not 18.

yes, but in Scotland you can get married at 14.

Most Scottish parents would forbid their daughters from even thinking about moving out at 14 as they have barely even gotten past grade 8 at that age! When I was 14 I was doing so many stupid things, there's no way I would have been able to handle a marriage. Hell I was married at 19 and still failed. From experience I wouldn't recommend marriage before 21, but preferably wait until age 25 as the brain finally fully matures for both men and women.

Wirelessly posted

That's too young to join a social network period. I have two teenagers (my nieces) they are not allowed on the internet.

Wirelessly posted

That's too young to join a social network period. I have two teenagers (my nieces) they are not allowed on the internet.

My daughter was allowed to open a FB account when she was 12 years old from my ex hubby. I wasnt too thrilled.

I dont think she had a MySpace acct...I hope not.

My son will be banned from having accounts in social networking sites until he is 30 years old!

IMO, having the girl register as a sex offender is ridiculous.

Back