A Grand Introduction

WV_Magnate

Reaction score
Hello AllDeaf community, my name is Jason (a.k.a. WV_Magnate), I’m 16, and I'd like to introduce myself.

For starters, I am hearing, but have a passion for ASL and I would very much like to be involved in the Deaf community.

As noted by my username, I currently reside in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia where things tend to be a little dull. There, from what I can tell, seems to be virtually no Deaf community up here which is rather unfortunate because of my inability to interact.

In terms of ASL, I am constantly practicing and getting better, but at this point I am still a beginner. As of this time (June 2011), I have officially been learning ASL for about 2 months. My primary methods of learning include online resources (mainly Start American Sign Language (ASL)), A friend of my family whose parents where both deaf, and book resources. I also hope to take a community college course when I am able to.

I don’t want to ramble on, so I’ll leave it at that. I hope to make some new friends on here, and get some good advice. Thank you to those of you who read this, I appreciate your time.

Sincerely,

WV_Magnate
:wave:

Hello AllDeaf community, my name is Jason (a.k.a. WV_Magnate), I’m 16, and I'd like to introduce myself.

For starters, I am hearing, but have a passion for ASL and I would very much like to be involved in the Deaf community.

As noted by my username, I currently reside in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia where things tend to be a little dull. There, from what I can tell, seems to be virtually no Deaf community up here which is rather unfortunate because of my inability to interact.

In terms of ASL, I am constantly practicing and getting better, but at this point I am still a beginner. As of this time (June 2011), I have officially been learning ASL for about 2 months. My primary methods of learning include online resources (mainly Start American Sign Language (ASL)), A friend of my family whose parents where both deaf, and book resources. I also hope to take a community college course when I am able to.

I don’t want to ramble on, so I’ll leave it at that. I hope to make some new friends on here, and get some good advice. Thank you to those of you who read this, I appreciate your time.

Sincerely,

WV_Magnate
:wave:

You have an inability to interact? You're here, aren't you?
Just pulling your leg.
Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here. I am certain there are Deaf people in your area, sure as there are Daddy Longlegs. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back