A hate crime....

If it was involving Keith Olbermann, would you post this?

I saw that article earlier in the day, kokonut. Very disturbing.

I'm a libertarian so I'm pretty much in favor of a smaller, more efficient government. I'm also very liberal on social issues.

The idea of hate crimes has always rubbed me the wrong way. Social engineering or trying to legislate tolerance is a slippery slope.

Even though I abhor racism and homophobia, the idea of placing more value on another human being is the exact opposite of equality. All crimes are hate crimes.

I'm not sure what happened there would qualify as a hate crime, but I guarantee you if he wasn't a conservative there would be widespread outrage over this.

It's a shame that some people on the left seem to have selective outrage.

I'm a libertarian so I'm pretty much in favor of a smaller, more efficient government. I'm also very liberal on social issues.

The idea of hate crimes has always rubbed me the wrong way. Social engineering or trying to legislate tolerance is a slippery slope.

Even though I abhor racism and homophobia, the idea of placing more value on another human being is the exact opposite of equality. All crimes are hate crimes.

I'm not sure what happened there would qualify as a hate crime, but I guarantee you if he wasn't a conservative there would be widespread outrage over this.

Absolutely.

It is a shame that you don't know the history of the people posting in this thread. There is a reason for the responses. Trust me.

So is it no?

Or is it yes?

Seems you already have your mind made up.

It is a shame that you don't know the history of the people posting in this thread. There is a reason for the responses. Trust me.

Why SWK? Is it because they disagree with you politically?

I'm not trying to be a smartass, I just don't know because I'm new.

Why SWK? Is it because they disagree with you politically?

I'm not trying to be a smartass, I just don't know because I'm new.

The OP is a spammer of right wing biased blogs and articles. He will post and ask questions, but rarely uses his own words. Read up in the current events section if you like. Lots of stuff over there.

There is only one here that disagrees with me more then 75% of the time. See if you can "Name that Man" and you might win a week of snow shoveling in Buffalo NY!

The OP is a spammer of right wing biased blogs and articles. He will post and ask questions, but rarely uses his own words. Read up in the current events section if you like. Lots of stuff over there.

There is only one here that disagrees with me more then 75% of the time. See if you can "Name that Man" and you might win a week of snow shoveling in Buffalo NY!

Nice hyperbole. I have no complaints about you. Or anybody else. I certainly do not make a daily attempt to basically whine about a person's postings and dredging up a quasi-like conspiracies. I agree, DaveM should read up on the posters' comments around here.

Back