Text-Only Cell Phone Plans?

I sell data plans with the purchase of a cellphone. I sell droid, htc evo (for $129.99) and many others. Partnerships with t-mobile, verizon, sprint, boost, virgin, metro pcs, at&t ....

There are some minor hoops to jump through to get a data only plan though

Have you tried Walmart? I am not familiar with exactly how their phones work, but I think you pay by what you use or something. :dunno:

They have different pre-paid providers (I sell those too)
Yeah.

It's usually important to consider how much you're going to use before deciding what phone plan to buy.

I had that problem when deciding on a phone years ago. I was offered either a phone plan for one price and unlimited date for $20 extra... or unlimited data (without phone plan) for $30. Their lowest phone plan was $20 for a specific number of minutes and I wouldn't even be using 10% of those minutes. I then found out that I could still use the phone, but pay by the minute (20 to 25 cents a minute). I went ahead with the $30 unlimited data plan and only used the phone an average of once every 2 or 3 months costing me $1 to $2 each time. A great deal. :)

I can offer the HTC EVO data only plan for $45 a month (Sprint). The phone I can sell for $129 (usually it is $600 full retail).

The HTC EVO is THE phone for the deaf. It is 4G and has two cameras - you can call anyone's VP using this phone, from basically anywhere (depending on your coverage). it is truly a mobile videophone.

($109 with a new sprint account - new improved HTC EVO LTE coming soon)

What I'm thinking of doing is the following:

• Using Google Voice texting for free (putting most of my text use on this)
  • Then using a Consumer Cellular plan

Consumer Cellular's plan requires a base voice plan for $10 a month. Then you can add a text plan on top of that.

The text plans they have are as follows:

• 100 messages 2.50/month
  • 500 messages 5.00/month
  • 1000 messages 10.00/month
  • 2500 messages 20.00/month
  • 5000 messages 30.00/month

I need something very inexpensive right now, so if I go with the basic, it would be $10/month for base voice plan (which I would not use), and 2.50 or 5.00 for 100-500 text messages a month.

So about $12.50-$15.00 a month plus tax.

You can buy a phone from Consumer Cellular or use your own phone that can take a SIM card.

I can offer the HTC EVO data only plan for $45 a month (Sprint). The phone I can sell for $129 (usually it is $600 full retail).

The HTC EVO is THE phone for the deaf. It is 4G and has two cameras - you can call anyone's VP using this phone, from basically anywhere (depending on your coverage). it is truly a mobile videophone.

($109 with a new sprint account - new improved HTC EVO LTE coming soon)

$129? That's only with 2 years contract. :aw:

I'm happy with iPhone 5.

What I'm thinking of doing is the following:

• Using Google Voice texting for free (putting most of my text use on this)
  • Then using a Consumer Cellular plan

Consumer Cellular's plan requires a base voice plan for $10 a month. Then you can add a text plan on top of that.

The text plans they have are as follows:

• 100 messages 2.50/month
  • 500 messages 5.00/month
  • 1000 messages 10.00/month
  • 2500 messages 20.00/month
  • 5000 messages 30.00/month

I need something very inexpensive right now, so if I go with the basic, it would be $10/month for base voice plan (which I would not use), and 2.50 or 5.00 for 100-500 text messages a month.

So about $12.50-$15.00 a month plus tax.

You can buy a phone from Consumer Cellular or use your own phone that can take a SIM card.

If you are needing something inexpensive, try checking out Yahoo Freecycle in your area. Some places have cell phone donation drop offs. See if there is one in your area.

Sound too limited. If you're sure what you need for few time per month. Then go ahead.

Sound too limited. If you're sure what you need for few time per month. Then go ahead.

It looks like with Consumer Cellular, you can log in to the website and bump up the plan to include more text messages if you need to. Then if you expect to use fewer messages, you can bump it down again.

Or did you mean "limited" in another way?

It looks like with Consumer Cellular, you can log in to the website and bump up the plan to include more text messages if you need to. Then if you expect to use fewer messages, you can bump it down again.

My understanding is that Consumer Cellular uses ATT towers so make sure you have coverage where you are. Every provider has some "holes" in their coverage.

If you have a smartphone, you could just get a data only plan then download one of many free text app's out there (eg Text4Free) that give you free local number and unlimited texting. I pay $10/mo for this on my iphone.

I sell data plans with the purchase of a cellphone. I sell droid, htc evo (for $129.99) and many others. Partnerships with t-mobile, verizon, sprint, boost, virgin, metro pcs, at&t ....

There are some minor hoops to jump through to get a data only plan though

Can you explain how to do this please? I'd like to get an iPhone but only for text, no internet either (besides wifi).

Can you explain how to do this please? I'd like to get an iPhone but only for text, no internet either (besides wifi).

It looks like you are SOL because every iPhone plan require data + text.

Ok how do i do that then? I've asked around in person and none of them offer it.

Ok how do i do that then? I've asked around in person and none of them offer it.

You have to pick the cheaper data like 250 MB with unlimited text, at least for iPhone or get a cheap phone if you want for text only like Virgin Mobile.

Anyone on Verizon? I am still on grandfather plan and I been told that once I upgrade new phone, they will charge me data plan and I will lose my unlimited data plan. But the suck part is that I am on family plan with 4 lines. If we all have to upgrade new phones then we will all have to "shared" with data plan and it will eat up pretty fast if we get 10gb. Is that correct?

I use about 1,500+ text per month. Compare to this cost on 250 for $12.

Think about it, how much volume per text?

I paid $55 on unlimited.
To match PagePlus on my 1,500 texts which would whoop up to $72 to be equal on how much I use texts per month.

Verizon - 3.6¢/text or less
PagePlus - 4.8¢/text, no change

Verizon win.

Well, I've been using Consumer Cellular for about 3 months now.

I usually have it set to 100 text messages per month. But I bumped it up temporarily to 500 text messages per month when I was traveling.

When I'm home, I set it to 100 text messages and use Google Voice (free text messages) for most of my texts. Google Voice is handling most of the text load.

It's working out well.

Back