I kicked out my roommate today!

Nesmuth

Reaction score
His baggage after 3 weeks started getting bigger and bigger.

We agreed one person in the room in exchange for office work. He then was bringing his girlfriend for sleepovers. Last night his girlfriend had two kids she wanted to bring in. I was like "Time Out!".

Tmw I'm bringing a new one.

Richard

Without 30 days notice? Your asking for trouble! You better pray that your roomate don't take legal action against you. You can lose!

His baggage after 3 weeks started getting bigger and bigger.

We agreed one person in the room in exchange for office work. He then was bringing his girlfriend for sleepovers. Last night his girlfriend had two kids she wanted to bring in. I was like "Time Out!".

Tmw I'm bringing a new one.

Richard

Without 30 days notice? Your asking for trouble! You better pray that your roomate don't take legal action against you. You can lose!

I don't think you really need 30 days notice for a reason like he mentioned about... not fair to bring all the other people to use the place, food, utilities so on.. no thanks!! I would kick them out fast!!! if both signed on the lease well then yeah give 30 days notice... I think most of the time 30 to 90 days notice when you are in an apartment or renting an apartment yourself and family not with a roommate... just my thought..

Check with your local laws! I was stuck because I did ask for help from cop trying to kick roomate out 2 years ago, they said can't do must 30 days or roomate can sue me. So, that is how I know. Been there, done that.

Whats more, can't throw away others property without notice and hold for 90 days. You can be legally liable if you ignore this.

I don't think you really need 30 days notice for a reason like he mentioned about... not fair to bring all the other people to use the place, food, utilities so on.. no thanks!! I would kick them out fast!!! if both signed on the lease well then yeah give 30 days notice... I think most of the time 30 to 90 days notice when you are in an apartment or renting an apartment yourself and family not with a roommate... just my thought..

Check with your local laws! I was stuck because I did ask for help from cop trying to kick roomate out 2 years ago, they said can't do must 30 days or roomate can sue me. So, that is how I know. Been there, done that.

Whats more, can't throw away others property without notice and hold for 90 days. You can be legally liable if you ignore this.

Well then he'll have to think of that when that bridge comes... some work some don't I'm sure he's prepared !!! the cops are just doing by the RULESS!!! ppl tends to break the rules...Also the roommate has not even been there a month so he's okay to go!!! if it was more than a month yes, give them a notice.

:eek3: This reminds me of the white house...bringing girls in the oval office lol..

I'm not gonna worry about this feller trying to sue me.

Richard

Damn... that's fucked up!

I went through the same thing myself.

I had a friend who had his own apartment and was looking for a roommate.

So, I moved in.

The next thing I know, he had his girlfriend sleeping over. One day, he said that she now moved in. WTF?

Then a few weeks later, his ex-girlfriend decided to abandon their kids and take off... leaving the kids to live with him.

So, I moved out and got my own apartment. Jeez!

Damn... that's fucked up!

I went through the same thing myself.

I had a friend who had his own apartment and was looking for a roommate.

So, I moved in.

The next thing I know, he had his girlfriend sleeping over. One day, he said that she now moved in. WTF?

Then a few weeks later, his ex-girlfriend decided to abandon their kids and take off... leaving the kids to live with him.

So, I moved out and got my own apartment. Jeez!

OMG this is awful!!!!

well I know for the fact that never have your best friend or family as your roommate it always ending up being enemies lol.. it happened to a few friends of mine... I was scared to have a roommate so I decide to give it a try... it was a b/f of my g/f (she was going through divorce)... anyways... I think being roommates with the opposite sex works out better cause there's no jealousy or that sort of thing... he had a different work shift than me, which was good cause hardly see each other... One day my g/f told me to watch his moves and so on..(my roommate and I didn't do a thing cause I respect my g/f's man, he wasn't for me anyways) I had to tell her off about it and even told him too... she was pissed at me... let it be... their relationship didn't work out anyways, NOt cause of what happened to us nah!!! ... I think less headache to be on your own, bite your bullet.... some work some don't but I was sure lucky I didn't have any problems until he brought in this girl from other country a daughter of his schoolmate without asking my permission since I was on the lease of the apartment for like last 5 years... grr... so too many problems, he decide to move out, good thing but didn't give me his last month's rent he owed me ... I just let it go without arguments... feels so much better, but sure did miss the good times chatting and all.. smile..

Yea, u are right, must notice roommate to kick out or ask leave the house within 15 to 30 days... Unless they violated rules then kick out right away... I kicked out my roommate once for abuse rules and other reasons without 15 to 30 days notice like few months ago... Now, my other roommate starting bringing her boyfriend to sleep with her and advantage our utilities which I dont like that...

DHB is right...

I had a roommate in past at my old house in ma.
Turn out it was a Monster Summers for me! His GF from Mich.
came to visit him then decide to live with him WITHOUT MY
KNOWLEDGE that she was visiting.. I didnt know till next day,
Police came say doesnt matter if person slept over if they
slept over like 4 days or so that mean they basically LIVED here
so.. that was NO FUN!!! I had to go to Lawyer to do correct
way to evict BOTH OF THEM!!! IT cost us a lot of money.
My husband knows I refused to be his friend but He can be
his friend I wont tell my husband what to do.. He said He wont
talk to him because it "reminds him what happen"

How awful was it for me I was Pregnant that time, then few
months later my son was rushed to Children's Hospital. My mom
has to GIVE MONEY to her to get her MOVE OUT.. she was
refusing to leave my house until she get her ssdi (I do not know
what kind of disbilities she has but shes crazy) turn out the
ssdi never mailed it to my house or to the PO she lied etc..
my mother has to pay bus fare, hotel fare, lunch,dinner, breakfast
cigs.. so she can GO ON BUS to go home!!! of course I had to
pay my mom back...
Sigh.. I told my husband NEVER do this without DISCUSS
together first.. Look at this.. he didnt like the fight we had etc..

So.. It's best to go thru the legal service to make sure
you properly evict him the correct way Richard. by the way
You work for advocate in deaf co something.. you should know better

shame..

Wendy

I'm able to get roommate kick out with agree that rommate to sign on legal :deal:

after I have talk with manager and she agree and override the policy and allow to keep our record safe in hand.

If you're the one with the name on the lease, you have the right to kick unwanted (unsigned) roommate, 30 days notice or not. You are within your rights on your lease.

Some states do not allow you to evict them with their child(ren). It is against the law to kick them out even a 30 days notice. The law allows them to stay until 4 or 8 months without even paying a rent.

My father had that problem with the renter, and he lost a lot of money a couple of years ago. A lawyer will not help you because there is already law right there unless no law in your area that would be lucky for you. Always ask them whether they have a child(ren) before you let them to rent your place. I know it is a cruel but for a sake you need the money to pay a property tax.

Room mate is bad news...
I'd rather not have room mate for a living.. *cough* Room mate can giving you hard time or else.. your own risk and willing accept room mate.. means YOUR PROBLEM.. not everyone problem coming from you..

Your call!

I think some members here are right about the 30 day notice....4 years ago, I had 2 roommates from hell in which their names werent on the lease but they had lived with me for over a year. I got fed up with their looonnnnggg list of BS..not gonna go into details cuz it was just too awful. Anyways, I wanted to kick them out but someone told me about the 30 day notice so I went to court to inquire about it. There was a 30 day notice whether their names were on the lease or not so I got a court order...and they reported me to the leasing office for voliating my leasing contract about letting people live with me without notice. So, we ended up getting evicted and I learned my lesson...all roommates MUST have their names on the lease too. Last year was my last year in the 7 years of having different roommates and since then, life has been GREAT without roommates! Thankfully, most of the time during the 7 years, I had great roommates except for those 2. Ugh...and not only that..those 2 were my good friends and our friendship definitely got ruined big time after all the drama BS.

I wont have friends as roommates..never know and not worth destroying friendships. Ugh!

Good luck Richard..I know how it feels.

not necessarily true! Like I said in the beginning does not matter who is on the lease, one that pays rents, have the right to have 30 days notice. It is the law, period. You can't win if there is law in your area. Does not matter roomate or not. They don't see "roomate" All they see is "Residency". You can argue with me, but the truth I lost the case couple years ago, and I was the one who owns the property... the law does not give damn.

If you're the one with the name on the lease, you have the right to kick unwanted (unsigned) roommate, 30 days notice or not. You are within your rights on your lease.

Room mate is bad news...
I'd rather not have room mate for a living.. *cough* Room mate can giving you hard time or else.. your own risk and willing accept room mate.. means YOUR PROBLEM.. not everyone problem coming from you..

Your call!

yea true i agree with u.. that why i dont wanna roomate here.. to hard trust

not necessarily true! Like I said in the beginning does not matter who is on the lease, one that pays rents, have the right to have 30 days notice. It is the law, period. You can't win if there is law in your area. Does not matter roomate or not. They don't see "roomate" All they see is "Residency". You can argue with me, but the truth I lost the case couple years ago, and I was the one who owns the property... the law does not give damn.

Well, I don't know because I always heard that from friends. I don't have a situation with a roommate yet myself and doubtfully so. I am not looking for an argument. I only see what I have been told.

Back