Rochester, NY Deaf Nation Expo

Wow, this looks great. 4 1/2 hour drive - I could do that. Does anyone know the hotels in the area? I'm looking at google listings, and the reviews are all over the place. I don't want to spend a fortune, and I don't need any frills - just a clean place to sleep and get cleaned up in the morning. Any recommendations?

most of my friends who are going there are not getting a hotel. I'll be sleeping over at my good friend's dorm.

as for you - hmmm how about airbnb.com ?

That would be motel 6, I am not sure how clean they are. I noticed not all motel 6 are clean, some are and others, ahem....

If you find motel or hotel, just drop here and let us know and we can give you thumbs either up or down so you can decide. You drive up here? Or using public transportation? Asked because it can make difference. We do not have that great public transportation here, however you wont be see much of traffic jams here like in Pittsburgh (You will be likely to realize how smooth traffic is up here and won't miss traffic in Pgh).

Be warned, if you go to Motel 6, the shortest way to RIT is back road, and you will be driving though what I called cop's alley and that is Scottsville Road, and it is about 8 minutes drive.

As for dining, plenty of dining spots at RIT! They are little overpriced but still cheaper than go to Jefferson road where there is tons of restaurants on that road. Like Red Robins, Red lobster, Joe's Crab shack, Denny's, Golden corrals, texas road house, sticky fingers, bungaboo, Dibellas (The one in Cranberry township, PA if you been there) and all kinds of fast food except KFC and Arby's which is on West Henrietta RD.

You could go to Wegmans, they have their own dining room where you can order cooked food and eat there. Don't forget that Wegman's is number one supermarket in the world, and ranked 3rd as best company to work for.

food at RIT = :ugh:
Wegman = :thumb:

no wonder many students in their first year at RIT get fat easily. definitely worth a little of your time to drive out to foodie zone like what you mentioned. we'll be hosting a party at Simply Crepes

I am hoping to go too .. maybe ill see you guys there..

I've gotta have a garbage plate there :D

No, I have other plans, it is conflicting plan for me, no deaf expo in DC, just in rochester.

Back