Is my Blackberry dying? :(

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought that my BB was losing a few minutes time the last couple of days.

Then, this morning, I found my BB stone cold dead. Nothing. So, I tried a little CPR by removing the battery, pausing, then reinserting the battery. I tried that a couple times. Nothing.

So, I plugged my BB into the charger. After a few seconds, the screen lit up with a battery icon. That's all. After a few minutes of charging, it finally showed the home screen. It showed the battery status icon as empty with a red outline. I've never seen that before. My battery has never drained to empty before. When it went to bed last night it was about 2/3 full battery.

I noticed that the clock was about 7 hours behind!

Finally, the battery charged to 100% BUT my internet is OFF. I can't send or receive emails.

Do you think it needs a new battery? I hope that's the only problem.

I guess I need to make the dreaded trip to the T-Mobile store. :(

Then, this morning, I found my BB stone cold dead. Nothing. So, I tried a little CPR by removing the battery, pausing, then reinserting the battery. I tried that a couple times. Nothing.

So, I plugged my BB into the charger. After a few seconds, the screen lit up with a battery icon. That's all. After a few minutes of charging, it finally showed the home screen. It showed the battery status icon as empty with a red outline. I've never seen that before. My battery has never drained to empty before. When it went to bed last night it was about 2/3 full battery.

Finally, the battery charged to 100% BUT my internet is OFF. I can't send or receive emails.

Maybe you will be lucky and be still under warranty.

dead battery

Oh My friend you have what happened to me....geez..I know what you mean by the "Dreaded" trip to TMobile..laughing..Good Luck..I had to get new battery...UGH....Peace..Hope everything works out for you..Midnight:wave:

Oh My friend you have what happened to me....geez..I know what you mean by the "Dreaded" trip to TMobile..laughing..Good Luck..I had to get new battery...UGH....Peace..Hope everything works out for you..Midnight:wave:
Thanks. :)

If it's just the battery, that won't be too bad. I hope that's all it is.

I had this similar problem with my old BB. I had to replace the battery and it work fine after that.

Also, for clock fall behind the time, that is normal it's because your internet is not fully connected. Once it's connect, the time and day will be updated. And I'm not sure about t-mobile setting, you may have to re-log in to get your internet connected and you will be able to recieve e-mails. I was using AT&T and when I replace the battery, everything seem to be ok but for your end, since the battery completely drained and may wipe out login setting.

I had this similar problem with my old BB. I had to replace the battery and it work fine after that.
That's reassuring. :)

Well, I'm off to the T-Mobile store. I hope there's not a long line there. :bye:

Got back a few minutes ago. (Did some puttering in the yard before I came back into the house.)

I didn't have to wait in line. :)

The patient survived the transplant (new battery). It set me back about $42.

I've had that BB 44 months (so the T-Mobile records say). The service guy said he never saw one in such great shape. :lol:

Got back a few minutes ago. (Did some puttering in the yard before I came back into the house.)

I didn't have to wait in line. :)

The patient survived the transplant (new battery). It set me back about $42.

I've had that BB 44 months (so the T-Mobile records say). The service guy said he never saw one in such great shape. :lol:

Glad everything is ok! He said that he never saw one in such a great shape? Is it because you use $800 purse to store your BB?

Glad everything is ok! He said that he never saw one in such a great shape? Is it because you use $800 purse to store your BB?
I think you're confused. It's my Jeep that is worth $800, not my purse. My purse was a Christmas gift a couple years ago, that I think was from Target. :laugh2:

I do keep my BB in nice leather (color-coordinated) flip cases. ;)

You better buy a new one if your old one is dying! I heard on the news any thing made in Japan will be hard to find in stores in a few months! The cost could go up on Japanese products .

You better buy a new one if your old one is dying! I heard on the news any thing made in Japan will be hard to find in stores in a few months! The cost could go up on Japanese products .
I bought a new battery today. :)

Back