AllDeaf's Biggest Loser

It may have to do something to do with your intake versus daily calories burns that you didn't bother to realize such as walking, sleeping, etc...

I am very active, I exercise and hike whenever I can... yet I have to count my calories just to maintain my weight, my body is greedy!

View attachment 14351

This is Before and After Picture.

First one, busy day. Got home. Talking to a friend, BAM, wife took a pic of me sleeping just in five to ten minutes after sitting in that chair. Overweight, tired all the time. You can see I have no muscle and had fat belly... On After picture, that was taken few weeks ago before I start working out at my local gym after one year in total of attendance. Lost lot of bad fats, but lower four abs needs more work.. you can see the difference. Less tiring and felt lot better with increased ability to do whatever I used to do back then or better. :D I was at 235 lbs went down to 215 then after all the muscles gaining. I went back up to 225 but look more healthy and stronger. I am still training, not just bodybuilding, I am trying to run more then a mile or run a mile faster then 10 minutes. I am still losing the fats around my ABS and guts while I find more nutrients that works for us all.

How? I have input some information on foods and drinks in my blogs. I will add some workout journals later when I am settled down for the week or probably on this coming Sunday.

Last edited:
It's always good to see people try and take control of their weight issues. Even I pointed out how great it was for Rush Limbaugh to lose a total of 82 pounds. He still looks good even today. Even I lost about about 25lbs, too, from 190.

Correction: I lost 35 lbs. Typo.

Here's me at 190 (during my strongman heydays) with Greg Gunderson while at the 2006 NAD convention in Palm Desert, California. I may resume training after a 2 year hiatus to prepare myself for future mountain hiking starting early next year.

gregandmike20uz.jpg

I've been wanting to lose weight so bad, since I've given birth to my son in 2006. I used to be 103 in 2005, before I got pregnant.... but I gained about 70 pounds in my pregnancy, horriable I know. :eek3: But it took me almost three freaking years to lose 41 pounds. I'm now 132 pounds and I would really like to get down to 110 pounds... so I have about 22 pounds to lose.... but that's gonna be tough.

So lately I've been walking/jogging every day and doing curl ups to flatten my stomach/abs. Also I've been eating salads and fruits about everyday.... so fingers crosses that I would be able to lose the last 22 pounds before summer of 2010 comes because I would love to be in two peice swimsuit by the time summer comes. :D

Well, as many of you know, I have lost around 30 lbs since July. I probably gained a few over the Thanksgiving break due to overeating and not exercising but now, I am right back to working out.

I work out 5 times a week. 3 times a week 90 mins each and 2 times a week 60 mins each.

The 90 mins workouts, I scretch for 15 mins and do a hard warm up on the treadmill, bike, or rowing maching for another 15 mins. Then I weightlift for 30 mins with the focus on two muscle areas
Sundays:
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps each on my biceps
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my back.
3 different exercises for my abs

Tuesdays:
6 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my legs and butt

Thursdays
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my triceps
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my chest and shoulders

Then after 30 mins of weightlifting, I do 30 mins of fat burning on any of the machines

Mondays..I work out at home on my Wii Fit
Wednesdays..either Wii Fit or if I have cash, go to the pool and swim 40 or more laps doing 3 different strokes without stopping.

I take Fridays and Saturdays off from exercise but I do housecleaning or walking the dog sometimes.

As for eating..that is still a work in progress...try not to eat 2nd helpings..eat more vegetables than foods with high carbs. Snack on more fruits instead of crackers or cheese.

Drink no more than 2 cups of soda and never after 8 AM.

However, due to the holidays, I had a few slip-ups. I guess I will always have those every now and then.

***** word of advice*****

When you have achieved your target goal, DO NOT STOP working out because you will gain it all back. Keep on working out. Make it a part of your life...at least 1 hour a day between 3 to 5 times a week. Give yourself at least 1 or 2 days off a week to prevent burn out.

DRINK WATER :)

That's what works for me. When I was working with a personal trainer in the late 90s, that was his routine set up for me and I went from over 30% to 9% of body fat. I didnt feel burnt out or anything so I have resumed his routine for me but it is not as easy as it was before because I was younger.

Good luck everyone!
3 d

Well, as many of you know, I have lost around 30 lbs since July. I probably gained a few over the Thanksgiving break due to overeating and not exercising but now, I am right back to working out.

I work out 5 times a week. 3 times a week 90 mins each and 2 times a week 60 mins each.

The 90 mins workouts, I scretch for 15 mins and do a hard warm up on the treadmill, bike, or rowing maching for another 15 mins. Then I weightlift for 30 mins with the focus on two muscle areas
Sundays:
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps each on my biceps
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my back.

Tuesdays:
6 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my legs and butt

Thursdays
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my triceps
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my chest and shoulders

Then after 30 mins of weightlifting, I do 30 mins of fat burning on any of the machines

Mondays..I work out at home on my Wii Fit
Wednesdays..either Wii Fit or if I have cash, go to the pool and swim 40 or more laps doing 3 different strokes without stopping.

I take Fridays and Saturdays off from exercise but I do housecleaning or walking the dog sometimes.

As for eating..that is still a work in progress...try not to eat 2nd helpings..eat more vegetables than foods with high carbs. Snack on more fruits instead of crackers or cheese.

Drink no more than 2 cups of soda and never after 8 AM.

However, due to the holidays, I had a few slip-ups. I guess I will always have those every now and then.

***** word of advice*****

When you have achieved your target goal, DO NOT STOP working out because you will gain it all back. Keep on working out. Make it a part of your life...at least 1 hour a day between 3 to 5 times a week. Give yourself at least 1 or 2 days off a week to prevent burn out.

DRINK WATER :)

That's what works for me. When I was working with a personal trainer in the late 90s, that was his routine set up for me and I went from over 30% to 9% of body fat. I didnt feel burnt out or anything so I have resumed his routine for me but it is not as easy as it was before because I was younger.

Good luck everyone!
3 d

That sounds good for an amateur, I see that you didn't list or do cardio such as treadmill, bikes, machines like that or go outside for a run? They burn more fat then just working out. Yes working out on muscles pulls the fat to transform to energy but in some areas, you have to do cardio after body workout.

I've been wanting to lose weight so bad, since I've given birth to my son in 2006. I used to be 103 in 2005, before I got pregnant.... but I gained about 70 pounds in my pregnancy, horriable I know. :eek3: But it took me almost three freaking years to lose 41 pounds. I'm now 132 pounds and I would really like to get down to 110 pounds... so I have about 22 pounds to lose.... but that's gonna be tough.

So lately I've been walking/jogging every day and doing curl ups to flatten my stomach/abs. Also I've been eating salads and fruits about everyday.... so fingers crosses that I would be able to lose the last 22 pounds before summer of 2010 comes because I would love to be in two peice swimsuit by the time summer comes. :D

are you serious? Being able to weigh that light, you must be petite. How tall are you? It is most common in women to work to burn the baby fats after the pregnancy, for some women, it only take few weeks or even 10 years...but I knew two women, they cant even lose any at all. So you must be lucky enough to be able to lose some of that baby fat...my will be ex wife has four kids and she lost approx 15 pounds 1 to 2 yrs after each birth.. it is just the way she eats and gets her body around the places... it also varities on the women's metabolism. If you continue having trouble, please feel free to ask me. I will be more then happy to help you. :D

That sounds good for an amateur, I see that you didn't list or do cardio such as treadmill, bikes, machines like that or go outside for a run? They burn more fat then just working out. Yes working out on muscles pulls the fat to transform to energy but in some areas, you have to do cardio after body workout.

I did mentioned it..see below..

I have many years of working with personal trainers and I learned from my years on a college fast-pitch softball scholarship in the early 90s. We were required to hit the gym along with softball practice.

Congrats to all of you big (weight)losers!

Today I stepped on the scales and I have since lost another pound. I am now 182. :P Today was my designated "treat day" so I allowed myself to have a couple of things that I wouldn't normally allow myself to have. I was also telling someone today that when I lose 20 pounds, I'm going to be a loudmouth about it -- I will be telling everyone. :lol: They told me they didn't doubt it. :lol:

I have started this week with exercising with resistance bands for longer periods of time. It had been only 20 minutes a day 3 days a week, now it 45 minutes a day 6 days a week. I am also doing a lot of my old gymnastics stretching exercises. Would you believe that at 46, and 225 pounds, I can still do a backbend and then while in a backbend position, do 100 push-ups?

I did mentioned it..see below..

I have many years of working with personal trainers and I learned from my years on a college fast-pitch softball scholarship in the early 90s. We were required to hit the gym along with softball practice.

my bad. I knew you said something about that..my senses wasn't working properly when typing.. forgive me. And yeah most sports teams were required to hit the gym to improve the abilities and strength to make things work better for the teams. I grew up playing soccer, realized the problem and told my father about it, he told me to go use his weigh stuff so I did and normal exercising routines.. made it lot easier to play the sport. Then joined high school teams before playing few sports for the deaf school... everyone kept getting tired and weak.. I was like :wtf:...

It is good to hear you did awesome job and carry the experiences for the remaining of your life. :D

I gotta say, I am glad I got fat.

Before my son came along, I scoffed at the overweight people for letting themselves go. I was obsessed with losing (at least) one pound per day and I became painfully underweight. I eventually ate one meal per day and settled at a healthy 135 pounds with curves when I met my ex. When I learned about my pregnancy, I forced myself to consume 3 meals a day and my body was giddy with glee... I gained nearly 100 pounds within 40 weeks O_O

Watching the digits rise on the weight scale was definitely a humbling experience. I empathize with people of all sizes. I am learning how to lose weight all over again, I've lost over 50-60 pounds and it is a painfully slow process. I think I ruined my metabolism from years of water fasting and I am trying to find a healthy routine. I gotta admit, I still cringe when I lose merely a few pounds per week. It's torture to me and I'm trying not to resort to my old habits.

I'll try to keep myself accountable on this thread :)

I gotta say, I am glad I got fat.

Before my son came along, I scoffed at the overweight people for letting themselves go. I was obsessed with losing (at least) one pound per day and I became painfully underweight. I eventually ate one meal per day and settled at a healthy 135 pounds with curves when I met my ex. When I learned about my pregnancy, I forced myself to consume 3 meals a day and my body was giddy with glee... I gained nearly 100 pounds within 40 weeks O_O

Watching the digits rise on the weight scale was definitely a humbling experience. I empathize with people of all sizes. I am learning how to lose weight all over again, I've lost over 50-60 pounds and it is a painfully slow process. I think I ruined my metabolism from years of water fasting and I am trying to find a healthy routine. I gotta admit, I still cringe when I lose merely a few pounds per week. It's torture to me and I'm trying not to resort to my old habits.

I'll try to keep myself accountable on this thread :)

Why starve yourself like that to make it a healthy 135 pounds? The best way to lose that baby fat is to eat good fats, and healthy foods because they help you burn those bad fats including the baby fats. I have a blog about the foods that does the favor but you have to make it happen instead of starving. Starving makes your body lose metabolism and other chemicals that your body requires such as citrus acid, and so on...:blah:

I eat dark berries or input acai berries half hour before exercises, whey proteins before and after the workouts... casein protein before bedtime.. I eat four to six meals a day... that means split your three meals in halves to make it six. It worked for lots of people.

Why starve yourself like that to make it a healthy 135 pounds? The best way to lose that baby fat is to eat good fats, and healthy foods because they help you burn those bad fats including the baby fats. I have a blog about the foods that does the favor but you have to make it happen instead of starving. Starving makes your body lose metabolism and other chemicals that your body requires such as citrus acid, and so on...:blah:

I eat dark berries or input acai berries half hour before exercises, whey proteins before and after the workouts... casein protein before bedtime.. I eat four to six meals a day... that means split your three meals in halves to make it six. It worked for lots of people.

I'm hoping to weigh less than 135 lbs this time ;) but yes, I know. Starving wreaks havoc on a metabolism, bah. It's just an easy route for me, I need to try out the Acai berries. Gotta satisfy my curiosity :hmm:

I'm hoping to weigh less than 135 lbs this time ;) but yes, I know. Starving wreaks havoc on a metabolism, bah. It's just an easy route for me, I need to try out the Acai berries. Gotta satisfy my curiosity :hmm:

If you dont like it, thats okay, you can always eat any dark berries. They are right under the score that acai berries earned in getting rid of your fats at same time it improves your skin, etc. Those acai berries are not sold as fruit yet, so only options we all got is acai berries juice and they cost lot more. I love them, if I am not up for it, I mix real dark berries with orange juice in the blender with some ice or little water and sometimes I add banana flavor to it... drink them after I wake up or 30-40 mins before workouts. Any dark berries does your body good and improves your memory.

Did you people see my blogs?

See my picture of Before and After my training with the nutrition plans... I am showing what it did for me while I intake more of whey and casein protein to provide more protein feed to my muscles to do more work. The Pictures is only one year apart. It was posted earlier in this forum.

I have a thread somewhere around here of my personal progress since I started weightloss. I took a break from it this past year due to other things such as a lay-off and school. I hope to get back on it in 2010.

are you serious? Being able to weigh that light, you must be petite. How tall are you? It is most common in women to work to burn the baby fats after the pregnancy, for some women, it only take few weeks or even 10 years...but I knew two women, they cant even lose any at all. So you must be lucky enough to be able to lose some of that baby fat...my will be ex wife has four kids and she lost approx 15 pounds 1 to 2 yrs after each birth.. it is just the way she eats and gets her body around the places... it also varities on the women's metabolism. If you continue having trouble, please feel free to ask me. I will be more then happy to help you. :D

I'm barely 5'1.... so yes I'm petite

Back