Ada Law Donot Protect Hard Of Hearing People!

msbrooks

Reaction score
I Went To Eeoc Yesterday To Talk About The Discrimination, Harrassment, And Retaliation I Am Going Through On My Job With Managment And My Coworkers! The Lady Told Me That I Wouldnt Be Approved To Have Eeoc Work With Me Because I Am Just Hoh And I Am Not Deaf And That I Can Communicate And That Ada Law Donot Protect Hoh People In The State Of Ga!

I Cant Believe This Sh!t Ada Think Hoh Of Hearing People Are Not Disable Because We Can Wear Hearing Aids, Hell I Told Her If I Take Off My Hearing Aide I Can Heart Jack! Sh!t Without Them And With Them On I Can Barely Hear With Them. But She Stated You Are Not Deaf, You Donot Sign And U Can Communicate With Your Hearing Aid On. I Cant Believe This!

Us Hoh And Deaf People Have No Kinda Of Support Or Nothing. I Mean I See Why My Job Do What They Want To Me Because They Probably Know About This And Know I Have No Kinda Of Protection! This Is Crazy!!

I am really sorry to read about what u are going thru. I had no idea that they had views like that. That's another concern I have with CIs...the children or adults who wear them wont get support nor protection due to the misconception out there that CIs makes people hearing or hoh.

Vampy has a good suggestion so why not take his advice?

Talk to the Lady's supervisor. If that don't get you anywhere, then do as Vampy has suggested.

msbrooks, if you are the one that lives in Georgia, I suggest that you get in touch with disABILITY LINK in Decatur. Maybe they'll be able to help you.

There Is Probably Other Issues This Great Fella Msbrooks Had Regarding Her Situation And I Can Clearly See That In Her Writing.

Richard

I find is odd for someone to place the big cap on first letter on each word. Are you on mental or something? Sorry, if I said in rude.

I Went To Eeoc Yesterday To Talk About The Discrimination, Harrassment, And Retaliation I Am Going Through On My Job With Managment And My Coworkers! The Lady Told Me That I Wouldnt Be Approved To Have Eeoc Work With Me Because I Am Just Hoh And I Am Not Deaf And That I Can Communicate And That Ada Law Donot Protect Hoh People In The State Of Ga!

I Cant Believe This Sh!t Ada Think Hoh Of Hearing People Are Not Disable Because We Can Wear Hearing Aids, Hell I Told Her If I Take Off My Hearing Aide I Can Heart Jack! Sh!t Without Them And With Them On I Can Barely Hear With Them. But She Stated You Are Not Deaf, You Donot Sign And U Can Communicate With Your Hearing Aid On. I Cant Believe This!

Us Hoh And Deaf People Have No Kinda Of Support Or Nothing. I Mean I See Why My Job Do What They Want To Me Because They Probably Know About This And Know I Have No Kinda Of Protection! This Is Crazy!!

That's absurd. The ADA does protect people in the state of GA. It is a federal law that supercedes all state law. Also, degree of deafness is not specified in the law. HoH are protected the same as someone who is severely deaf.

I find is odd for someone to place the big cap on first letter on each word. Are you on mental or something? Sorry, if I said in rude.
Perhaps, it was a copy-n-paste from someone else? :dunno:

This is a crock....same as I think half the stories I hear about incidents at McDonald's, Wendy's, etc that ended in a lowly employee getting fired.

There Is Probably Other Issues This Great Fella Msbrooks Had Regarding Her Situation And I Can Clearly See That In Her Writing.

Richard

Sorry if me cursing offended you and make you think differently about me. That just my way of venting lol

msbrooks, if you are the one that lives in Georgia, I suggest that you get in touch with disABILITY LINK in Decatur. Maybe they'll be able to help you.

Thankyou you are so helpful i think you are the one that gave me the eeoc information or the gachi number something but it was helpful and i appreciate it.

It not even that serious, I was just venting and trying to get my point across! is this better???

The following is just a brief excerpt from an EEOC document entitled:

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions and Answers about Deafness and Hearing Impairments in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act

1. When is a hearing impairment a disability under the ADA?

A hearing impairment is a disability under the ADA if: (1) it substantially limits a major life activity; (2) it substantially limited a major life activity in the past; or (3) the employer regarded (or treated) the individual as if his or her hearing impairment was substantially limiting.
The determination of whether a hearing impairment is substantially limiting must be made on an individualized, case-by-case basis.

Please go to the EEOC's website and read the entire document. If you think that you have been discriminated against then it is best that you consult with an attorney who practices in the field of disability law and rights. The bar association in your county or state should be able to refer you to such an attorney.

Sorry that this has happened but best of luck going forward,
Rick

Richard

As an advocate for the Deaf, you're not doing a great job!

Stop being such an asshole!

was you born deaf ? Then you need a copy of audio record. The EEOC doesnt believe. You claim that you are deaf.. If not you go ahead and talk deaf lawyer but not hearing.. If they say the same thing you would gain ground..

was you born deaf ? Then you need a copy of audio record. The EEOC doesnt believe. You claim that you are deaf.. If not you go ahead and talk deaf lawyer but not hearing.. If they say the same thing you would gain ground..

no no i am not deaf i am hard of hearing and i wear 2 hearing aids. Now what do u think i should do?

Been discussing about the issue in the meeting and learned alot and it is overwhelming. ADA law has been put in more more and more and there are adding, I couldn't get it all the message. Can't remember what it is. I think it is in my file in my room, not sure. Like back in Bush signing in the early 90s, everything is weak in that. So there are group who is very carefully discussing where to put in the bill of ADA and has been succeeded. I couldn't explain it clearer here. But I do know that, inspite of your level of hearing loss, still under ADA law. Need to discuss with one of the like GAD (if your area call that), if there are any who are very familiar with it. I have here in OAD has it and got all the info about it. It has been adding and it is protecting our rights. Got every details in it.

no no i am not deaf i am hard of hearing and i wear 2 hearing aids. Now what do u think i should do?
I guess the EEOC is right because you are HH and there is nothing can do with it. That's why you and co workers get along good. But i think you should go see deaf lawyer instead of EEOC.. GIVE IT TRY.. let me know how it goes

Back