How to approach a deaf person by deaf person

I meet all the Deaf people I meet in the same cafe, same place. My friend points them out to me. After she points them out to me I go over sign and say:

Are you Deaf? DEAF YOU?

Then if they say yes, I go:

SIGN YOU?

And then if they don't sign I speak or offer to use my laptop (which I carry with me everywhere since it doubles as my DB communicator) and I ask them if I am facing them correctly so that they can see my face clearly and well and adjust accordingly.

If they do sign, then I sign and explain I have to receive it tactually since I'm blind.

:)

yesterday, one of my co worker came to see me and asked me that the client wanted to see me that didn't relate with my "office matter" and this person has questions for me. I was like, "umm, ok what does this person want to ask about what?" My co worker had no idea and said, "this person is mute and.. " I had to stop my co worker from using the wrong medical term, " you mean this person is deaf?" then my co worker said, " yes." Immediately, I had to correct my co worker to use the proper medical term in DEAF instead of MUTE. So, I decided to meet this person to get over with it since my co worker didn't give me enough information about this person. I came to see this person, and I felt weird asking this person but hopefully that I wouldn't offend this person by saying " are you deaf?" This person started to sign and I asked more questions then I am relieved that this person does sign, just like me.

P.s. Sorry, I do not declare my work positon here. :D

Here is my tale of meeting a deaf person:

I am part of a medieval reenactment group. I was working a fair my group was hosting. I was walking around the merchants area, looking at the wares for sale. Out of the corner of my eye I see frantic movement, and hear frustrated sighs.

I turn to look at the next stall and see 2 very frustrated deaf women, and unfortunately the vendor looked absolutely terrified. I hurry over and tap the nearest woman on the shoulder and say/sign:

"Excuse me, you help? I sign some. I help."

The looks of absolute relief on their faces made my day. They came back with more friends the next day and they all told me that they came back because of me. I felt really good after that.

I approach to a deaf person, ask with a smile - You :deaf:? My name is __________ and what's yours?

Back