MySpace is not good for you deafies?

gs_goddragon

Reaction score

Hi everyone,

I recently met some deafies who quitted myspace so I asked them why. Some told me they hate or lost interest it so they left it. They explained about their problem experience with myspace when I chatted with them online. Some deafies keep staying myspace for free so they don't have problem with it.

1. that myspace is for general hearing, deafies, HoH, etc are integrated together so they are mixed up but is not deaf website with asl vlog, blogs like deafread, Tagdeaf, Alldeaf, etc.......

2. virus, hacker and spyware are dangerous to harm their computer from myspace so they avoid them then quit.

3. Some stranger distract emailing too many emailing junk mail to deafies or HOH so they make them crazy.

4. Scammer bother deafies or Hoh for money.

other more different reasons.

Tell you what. I have never been entered myspace.com before but I heard some rumor of bad things about myspace so I won't sign up it there anyways.

I'm just curious to know what you relay your comments about this issue if you know anything about myspace is not right for deafies.

gs_goddragon

I have a myspace, facebook account... I don't use them often, because I don't really know how to use them to meet new people. And, I don't have much interest since the people that contacted me are either scammers or spammers. So, I guess I don't see what the big deal is about these social networking sites.

Another thing, I don't like giving away personal information to people I don't know. A lot of people don't seem to care how much information they put online... And then they wonder how strangers know so much about them... Duh!

I have facebook.. but dislike myspace :dunno2:

Not giving personal information on profiles too .... ;)

Myspace: scam access, hacker access, and too much and isnt simple.

Facebook (i have): less hassle and beautiful n simple.

thats all i can say-

i do have myspace, and facebook. i have no plms.. thats why you are required to have anti virus software always updated.. so you wont get virus ... :)

Well, I do understand how you are feeling about Myspace.

I had same problem with Myspace at first time but not anymore after configuration on privacy to prevents scammer to bother me, I just use it to chat with some of students from my high school.

I had never been in Facebook before.

I am new to my space, but haven't had any problems with it so far. Use it to contact my kids and friends.

i used to have myspace, still do actually but never go there, i rather facebook.

Its more simpler and easier to find old friends and harder for stalkers or creepies to get my information because you have to approve them to see your profile, not like myspace where anybody can go in or whatever.

My reason for not liking MySpace is because a lot of people go overboard with colors, images, videos, animations, etc...

I don't like visiting my friend's profile and have 20 comments that are actually 20 super-sized animated images, a photo gallery run by Flash, a video file on the lower left corner that plays loud music videos, another animated photo gallery with a bunch of animated quotes, a purple animated background, purple text, shaded images, link to blog, link to websites, links to junk, and so forth.

That's like saying, "Hey, come over to my house and look at the flashing lights, 5,000 watts sound system, my 20 plants all over the walls, my pile of beer cans under my table, and my collection of over 1,000 DVDs. Oh, by the way... please ignore the huge pile of dirty clothes and underwear on the floor.

Those things make me feel very unwelcome. I prefer something simple. Black background with white text or white background with black text (good contrasting colors), no videos (if I wanted to show people a video I liked, I would let them decide whether to watch it or not by providing a link instead of forcing the video in their faces), no photo galleries (they can simply look at the gallery that is already provided by MySpace, cuz I'm not gonna say "Hey, here's my photo album... look at it now!"), etc. I would also rather people say, "Hey, how are you? What's new with you?" instead of posting a super-sized animated picture that says "GOOD MORNING!"

I have my own MySpace. All of my 4 grown up children are in there and I want to keep in touch with them. That's the only place where I could find them. I have no problem with this site. :)

I don't like myspace because... they are sooo annoying!!! I don't like facebook, either. It got me so confused.. so I only barely visited them.. =/

i do have myspace and facebook.. i been in myspace since 2005 and dont have plms with this.. i do change pw every weeks...

I have myspace and facebook so doesn't bother me but i don't use myspace that much but I use facebook the most of the time tho

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing with me about this issues. I read what you replied your all of your opinions. It is up to deafies or hoh's choice to stay in or away from myspace.

:cheers:

gs_goddragon.

My reason for not liking MySpace is because a lot of people go overboard with colors, images, videos, animations, etc...

I don't like visiting my friend's profile and have 20 comments that are actually 20 super-sized animated images, a photo gallery run by Flash, a video file on the lower left corner that plays loud music videos, another animated photo gallery with a bunch of animated quotes, a purple animated background, purple text, shaded images, link to blog, link to websites, links to junk, and so forth.

That's like saying, "Hey, come over to my house and look at the flashing lights, 5,000 watts sound system, my 20 plants all over the walls, my pile of beer cans under my table, and my collection of over 1,000 DVDs. Oh, by the way... please ignore the huge pile of dirty clothes and underwear on the floor.

Those things make me feel very unwelcome. I prefer something simple. Black background with white text or white background with black text (good contrasting colors), no videos (if I wanted to show people a video I liked, I would let them decide whether to watch it or not by providing a link instead of forcing the video in their faces), no photo galleries (they can simply look at the gallery that is already provided by MySpace, cuz I'm not gonna say "Hey, here's my photo album... look at it now!"), etc. I would also rather people say, "Hey, how are you? What's new with you?" instead of posting a super-sized animated picture that says "GOOD MORNING!"

Well, your computer seems don't have enough horsepower to handle with overload of Myspace or it can be from limited of internet connection.

Same with my old HP, it does slow my computer when visit myspace.

Well, your computer seems don't have enough horsepower to handle with overload of Myspace or it can be from limited of internet connection.

Same with my old HP, it does slow my computer when visit myspace.
It has nothing to do with my computer. It has to do with their approach.

Why have an animated flash photo gallery when MySpace already provides their own photo gallery? Why embed a video when you can simply post a link instead? Why go through the trouble of posting huge animated pictures when it's more meaningful to actually type in "Hey, good morning... how are you doing?" instead?

i used to have myspace, still do actually but never go there, i rather facebook.

Its more simpler and easier to find old friends and harder for stalkers or creepies to get my information because you have to approve them to see your profile, not like myspace where anybody can go in or whatever.

Actually you can make it so no one can see your profile on Myspace without your permission. They would have to be added to your friends list.

Back