Scammer??

overthepond

Reaction score
I had Jackson Williams requesting friend on my FB,Don't worry i haven't accepted him as friend. I emailed him asking if I know him... i got reply which is.....
I am an agent of Deaf,Hard of Hearing and Hearing commission of the Obama Powerball Organization.Obama Help organization in collaboration with powerball lottery is a charity organization that helps deaf,hard of hearing and hearing .Obama help organization in collaboration with powerball lottery is in collaboration with the governing body of AIM/AOL and Online Disabilities Commission Organization by selecting all the people that are active online.Among the millions that subscribed to YAHOO,MSN and AIM/AOL,we selected 10 people every Month as our winners through electronic balloting System without the winner applying,and your screen name has won you the sum of $20,000.00. we congratulate you for being one of the Lucky winners

29uu15k.jpg

I think most of the scammers are finding you from your groups. I noticed this a long time ago. This is why I don't have any facebook groups except for two that are really big, I have never gotten a scam message on my main account to date. They are targeting the groups by mass emailing them.

Reporting them won't do much, they will just make a new account and start their rounds again. Facebook seems to have better things to do than care about nigerian scammers.

Reporting them won't do much, they will just make a new account and start their rounds again.
People need to realize that this is their CAREER trying to scam people. It is all they do. Imagine you have to work 8 hours a day scamming people to buy food. Would you quit after an hour? The pay for a successful scam can be many thousands of dollars; more than most Nigerian workers can earn in a year. And they will find success. If it never worked, they would try something else.

As for them creating new accounts, most of them use IP address generators. You block an IP address, and they create another. I feel like I am playing Whack-a-Mole every morning when I moderate.

I consider them little pissants....sorry asses....nuisances.....give some of 'em a piece of my mind, the rest spam 'em to hell....Must be very tedious to be a moderator, dealing with this scum on a daily basis....not for me! It's like the drug war, they keep coming back with little "poppies"....whack 'em...smack 'em....they still come back with those rubber checks!....

Back