Deaf Dogs Available Adoption

CatSaye

Reaction score
Deaf Dogs if you know or not??

I am sure some of you might know or not....

Speaking of deaf dogs, you know the breeders as DCA (Dalmatians Club of America) indicates that if the breeder receives any deaf puppies, they MUST PUT DEAF PUPPY DOWN!!!!! Because deaf pups have biting problems, unsocialable, etc which it is NOT TRUE!!!!

http://www.thedca.org/deaf1.html

http://www.thedca.org/redbook.html#Deafness

The problem is that deaf puppy can not hear from her or his mother growls or nips to the puppies whenever or whatever the littermate puppy did wrong, she nips to make them stopping doing wrong as hard nipping or else, but not the deaf puppy. It means we, the breeder, the trainer or the owner should have been training to teach the deaf puppy dont do nipping, use the stuffed toys and teach them by sign hand commands which it is not that hard.

DCA indicates that responsible breeders NEVER knowingly sell, place or give away deaf pups to pet homes. Deaf pups should ALWAYS be humanely destroyed by a veterinarian If the breeder doesnt listen the DCA rules to not put deaf puppy down, then DCA will revoke the breeder to loose the breeding license!!!!

One breeder contacted me about 10 weeks old deaf dal puppy for some help which the person dont listen DCAs because the person have a heart for this puppy and hopes to find a home by a deaf dog/special needs rescue. I got the puppy and trained which he knows sign commands, SIT, COME and HUGS before he was adopted in 16 weeks!!!!

Other breeder in South Atlanta, I was off two days at work, someone emailed to let me know that the breeder had a deaf puppy, so I did called and talked with the person due she said that if no one takes this puppy before Friday, she will take the pup to vet to put it down. I called her was on Wednesday. She understood what I am doing with deaf dog rescue, but unfortunately, the deaf pup already put in sleep yesterday. I said why?? She said she couldnt break DCA Ethical codes!!!!! I got mad and disquished and told the breeder lady, you are sicko and murdered the deaf pup!!! What if the deaf pup is very intelligent!!!

My point is that it is not the fault of the deaf puppy, it is the fault of the breeder who sells puppies for breeding.. not have their mom and dad to get fixed!!!!! Also would you guys put deaf human being babies?? Nope, it is the same situation with a deaf puppy!!!

Most hearing people think it is hard to training to a deaf dog which it is not true.. Believe it nor not, they are easily to train than a hearing dog for some reason!!!

Deafness in dogs and cats at http://www.lsu.edu/deafness/deaf.htm

You guys can see deaf dogs in various breeds at www.deafdogs.org to see how many are they?? It amazes to see that many deafies in various breeds, not only because of white coat with blue eyes... See them at http://www.deafdogs.org/adoption/

If anyone is looking for a deaf dog to be companion, feel free to email me at deafpaws@yahoo.com.

Thanks, Cathy
Deaf Dog Rescuer

Where does your DeafHaven locate at? My husband and I have discussed about it and we will like to adopt a deaf dog in the future when we move to New York. So we want to see if there are other deafhavens/deaf dogs rescue like yours in other states? In california prehaps?

:)

You are doing a great job to save those dogs. I didn't know that there are such a code that requires ethuiznation of deaf puppies. Hopefully that code will be removed very soon and let those puppies live out their lives!

(Sorry I was away few days cuz of my son and I had flu)

Welcome to AD and enoy this site. BTW I know where that is in since my relatives live nearby there.

PurrMeow

I didn't know that there are such a code that requires ethuiznation of deaf puppies. Hopefully that code will be removed very soon and let those puppies live out their lives!
Purebred breeders are DUMB as hell. We had a dog when I was little who was a Welsh Corgi. We got him b/c he was going to be put to sleep b/c the fur on his ear was spotted instead of solid.

I do certinally disagree w/Breeders of Dalmatians.

I can file againist to AKA.. about it.. cuz I'm breeder of Bulldogs by CKC..
I'll find it out w/CKC about AKA policy issued Deaf Dalmation must down?

Thx bring your sharing information!

CatSaye - I am shocked to read your post about a deaf puppy's death. She is really jerk and no mortal at all. Screw her and revoke her breeder license because she is Nazi!

I thought about going into rescue to get a boston terrier, but most of rescue will not let me adopt because I have two children under age of three. I have lived all my life with dogs... recommendations? thanks.

bullymom-- you breed english bulldog. those little short legs? that cost over 1,000 bucks??? how come they r expensive...because of difficult delivery from mom dog? thanks!

My sister owns a 10 acres on a farm surround trees. The town zoning law allows a renter to set up two large fences for her 20 sheep dogs on my sister's property. Sometimes, the dogs bark at night. It is difficult to deal with but a plenty of land which is concerned safe because her neighbors didn't complaint since then. Her renter takes the dogs to a city, and her dogs' job is to chase Canada geeses to get them off on public parks and ponds. The city pays her good salary. Perhaps, you would do the same thing for your business to eliminate them.

downing said:
I thought about going into rescue to get a boston terrier, but most of rescue will not let me adopt because I have two children under age of three. I have lived all my life with dogs... recommendations? thanks.

bullymom-- you breed english bulldog. those little short legs? that cost over 1,000 bucks??? how come they r expensive...because of difficult delivery from mom dog? thanks!

Downing,

Yes, I'm breeder of bulldogs... are all the short legs and heavy broad also looks ugly face but CUTE... *chuckles* Fact.. yes requires C-section for birthing litters. Rare Bulldogs female unquie birthing their own..
Actually 1k cost not accurate price.. It's range price from 1,700 to 2k usa funds.
2,300 to 5k Canada funds... Espically in Europe (faints) EXPENSIVE, I had researched bulldogs breeders coming from Europe few days ago, and recevied the email from them.. and said 2400 euro to 5000 euro means convert goes to 5,000 to 10,000 canada dollars.. (I'm fainting) I found one breeder who coming from Russia and suitable the reasonable price extact like mine.. Perfect, I'll buy another bulldog female from Russia.. Still in inquiries email each together.. :)
I'm glad you asking me about Bullies.. :)

got pixs of your bullies?? wanna see them! my hubby have always always wanted one. I told him "have you lost your mind?!?! because of the cost.. lol

I own two Boston Terriers, and I love them to death! I tried to rescue a deaf Boston Terrier in Austin, but they wouldn't allow out of state adoptions. I got so mad I contacted AKA offices in New York City. That really infuriated the rescue group in Austin they sent email out to all rescue groups in US, blacklisting me. Now I can't rescue Boston Terriers which is fine with me because my husband and I realize if you adopt a rescued dog, you also adopt their problems as well. Many abandoned dogs have emotional, mental, and health problems. If you stay home full time, have money, and have lots of patience, go for it, then.

If you do decide to adopt a rescued dog, you have to go through a long process which will take up to between a few months to a year depending on how busy the rescuers are or their finances are. You have to contact them, download their application form at their web site, fill it out and email it to them. Then you wait for them to contact you. They will not contact you right away. They are too busy screening every individual who wants to adopt a rescued dog. You may finally hear from them a few months later. They will interview you, and then if you pass their "test," they will come to your house (or send someone in your area) to check to see if your house and backyard are acceptable for their rescued dogs. Maybe you will pass their other test. Maybe not. They are very very thorough and strict. Many people who really wanted to adopt rescued dogs give up in the middle of the process because of the long waiting period. They go and buy Boston Terriers through classified ads, friends, or stores.

I made a mistake buying my first Boston Terrier from a puppy mill. I didn't know what it was at that time, and afterwards I found out. I felt so bad that I "helped" the puppy mills financially. But then I had seen my baby and fell in love with her. I just couldn't cancel my deposit and send her back to that puppy mill. I opted to keep her, and the members of the forum I belonged to raised hell and attacked me verbally. I quit that forum. Last year we brought another Boston Terrier home, and our Bostons get along splendidly. One is not enough. Two is best. They keep each other company and entertain us. Boston Terriers run in my family so I am a Boston (not Red Sox!) fanatic :applause:

I have been researching on BTs... you should try www.woofboard.com... it is great forum board for Boston Terriers! I saw there was one BT in houston that I am considering but not so sure. he is a tripod...

on other side, I wanna puppy so I can train from the beginning. too many pro and cons for now. I have two boys under age of three,,,my hubby is stay home dad til 2 pm, then I come home and watch my boys so hubby go out to work at evenings...

I have 1/4 acre of fenced yard...huge uh? so I will keep looking around for BT, it is so damn expensive here, they are asking 700 to 1,000 for a BT in VA,, but my mom over in TX says its around 200 to 300.. so that is another possible why I am considering to get out of state... pm me if you wanna talk more abt BT!

My mom grew up with BT, I used to petsit a BT when I was growing up, we just recently lost our beloved lab dog at age of 7 months. so we decided to get a smaller breed with short hair. BT was my solution. :giggle:

downing said:

Speaking of the price is over 1000.00, it comes from the breeder who wants money!!!!!! DONT BUY BREED DOGS while full blood dogs at the shelter NEEDS HOMES!!!! :(

Which or what is the name of rescue group wont let you have a boston terrier, I am curious... How old are your kids?? Maybe the one you and your family interested that Boston Terrier, she or he is more hyper and dont want to hurt your kids.

I do have one hearing itlalian greyhound mix foster, and she weighs only 12 pounds. She is a fulllllllly energetic feminie little gal. She has a lot of inquiries, but the one who have kids under 3, they can not have her... due jumping or her claws might hurt their faces.

Please let me know if you and your family look for a hearing or deaf boston terrier, I am more than happy to help you... Where you guys locate from? Email me at deafpaws@yahoo.com.

Cathy

Bullym0m said:
Downing,

Yes, I'm breeder of bulldogs... are all the short legs and heavy broad also looks ugly face but CUTE... *chuckles* Fact.. yes requires C-section for birthing litters. Rare Bulldogs female unquie birthing their own..
Actually 1k cost not accurate price.. It's range price from 1,700 to 2k usa funds.
2,300 to 5k Canada funds... Espically in Europe (faints) EXPENSIVE, I had researched bulldogs breeders coming from Europe few days ago, and recevied the email from them.. and said 2400 euro to 5000 euro means convert goes to 5,000 to 10,000 canada dollars.. (I'm fainting) I found one breeder who coming from Russia and suitable the reasonable price extact like mine.. Perfect, I'll buy another bulldog female from Russia.. Still in inquiries email each together.. :)
I'm glad you asking me about Bullies.. :)

Are you still look for English or American Bulldog?? Please let me know due I know one is Deaf American Bulldog in FL needs a home due her owner got a car accident and she is in intensive care. The Bulldog name is Kahlua, she is between 3 to 5 years old... Very sweeetest dog...

Just email me through deafpaws@yahoo.com if you re looking for one.

downing said:
got pixs of your bullies?? wanna see them! my hubby have always always wanted one. I told him "have you lost your mind?!?! because of the cost.. lol

Speaking of deaf bullies, what are you looking for exactly breed???

Pitbull
Staffordshire Terrier
Mastiff Mix
American Bulldog

I have several fosters and you can look at them at http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA343.html

Some of them are not in my website yet, and sooner will download, just email me at deafpaws@yahoo.com to let me know what are you look for.

Thanks, Cathy

downing said:
I have been researching on BTs... you should try www.woofboard.com... it is great forum board for Boston Terriers! I saw there was one BT in houston that I am considering but not so sure. he is a tripod...

on other side, I wanna puppy so I can train from the beginning. too many pro and cons for now. I have two boys under age of three,,,my hubby is stay home dad til 2 pm, then I come home and watch my boys so hubby go out to work at evenings...

I have 1/4 acre of fenced yard...huge uh? so I will keep looking around for BT, it is so damn expensive here, they are asking 700 to 1,000 for a BT in VA,, but my mom over in TX says its around 200 to 300.. so that is another possible why I am considering to get out of state... pm me if you wanna talk more abt BT!

My mom grew up with BT, I used to petsit a BT when I was growing up, we just recently lost our beloved lab dog at age of 7 months. so we decided to get a smaller breed with short hair. BT was my solution. :giggle:

You can keep checking the profiles at www.deafdogs.org to see if there are pure deaf boston terriers. It has one, but it wont let BT go out of the state.

It is at http://www.deafdogs.org/adoption/purebreds.html

I will try to send a post myself to the groups to see if anyone know or see a deaf boston terrier in shelter somewhere in United States. It wont hurt a try!!!

Cathy

Do you know any Corgis who may need a home? I love Corgis :)

Attachments

• Corgi.jpeg
    Corgi.jpeg
    3.5 KB · Views: 4
deaflibrarian said:
This is wonderful to hear about rescue organizations for dogs that are deaf! If I wasn't deaf myself and in need of a hearing ear dog I'd seriously consider a deaf dog. I only want one dog so having two is not an option for me. Maybe if there is a deaf black pug dog my sister would adopt it! She's madly in love with black pugs and has his name already picked out, Bobo.

You can keep checking the profiles at www.deafdogs.org to see if there are pure deaf pugs, but it has one, but it wont let black senior pug go out of the state.

It is at http://www.deafdogs.org/adoption/purebreds.html

I will try to send a post myself to the groups to see if anyone know or see a deaf pug either black or brown in shelter somewhere in United States. It wont hurt a try!!!

If you look other deaf dogs than a pug, I have one name is Alpine, he is GREAT and COMEDY dog. He is great with everything with people, dogs, or cats.. Alpine weighs under 25 pounds. See him at http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3936452.

If you want to talk with me about various dogs you look for, feel free to email me at deafpaws@yahoo.com.

Thanks, Cathy

Back