AOL to offer Relay via AIM

Thats neet!!

I have AIM too!! and I've seen how the Mci Rely works.
We had VRS( Video Rely Service at our at the Orange County Fair.
Let me know how to add that to my buddy list.
Margie

Margie said:
Let me know how to add that to my buddy list.
Margie
If you are asking for the screen name of MCI IP-Relay, it is My IP Relay.

It is somewhat pain in the butt using the relay services through AIM, because when you send IP-Relay a message to call, you have to type CALL and hit enter, then blah, blah. It won't do any good to type 'CALL' in first, they will repeat anyway.

Nesmuth said:
Now this happens! They stole my idea!

I'm gonna be talking to attorneys about this as soon as I come back from my vacation in August.

Richard Roehm

So, should we expect to hear a lawsuit in the news soon? :D

Nesmuth said:
This was my idea using AOL Instant messaging service as part of a TRS program 4 yrs ago and we even implimented it back then. The deafs were telling me this idea stank and pooh-poohed it off and stuff caused our agency to stop tying this idea out.

Now this happens! They stole my idea!

I'm gonna be talking to attorneys about this as soon as I come back from my vacation in August.

Richard Roehm

Oh, dear.. Yet another crab pulling down...

Great News! OCDACRELAY

We're going to be bringing back our relay services program through our interpreting services.

We still have our AOL ID OCDACRELAY we are gathering our interpreters to resurrect our relay service program that was pushed down by 'crab theory' 3 yrs ago. We plan to resurrect it on or around November 2004.

Litigation is being assembled and we're developing settlement opportunities for the other SMS based relay service providers.

Put OCDACRELAY on your buddy list!

Richard Roehm
CEO, OCDAC

Last edited:
What grounds are you going to sue on and what do you expect to achieve with this kind of litigation?

I'm trying to see how it goes from "crab theory" by the population to suing relay. Sounds like someone is just pissed that they didn't get to implement it on the scale it's being done at right now.

SMS relay providers? You mean AIM/AOL or all instant messaging?

Last edited:
I'm not letting people use crab theory to push my ideas down only to steal and profit from it later on.

Richard Roehm

someone email on my pager from Hamilton Relay it's new aim relay "HipRelay" instead of Mobiletty or any other buddy name.

So, that's three -- MCI, HOVRS, and Hamilton that you're gonna go up against?

I don't want to perpetuate the "crab theory" Richard, but dude, I don't think it's such a good idea to try throwing your legal weight against them. You're liable to get crushed. I realize my words probaby mean nothing to you because that's exactly the kind of advice you'll take as "crab theory." Just don't drag AllDeaf into it.

Back