lost my honda st1100

That sucks, oh well.

Here's what i learned yesterday. cant use my right hand to stick shiftc so i used my yukon has automatic. and went by the tow place after filling out release papers from the police station. i noticed theres nothing salvageable except maybe the corbin seat, probably could cragilist it for a fast 200$ so i grabbed my personal effects from the compartments and as i worked to take the seat off, the tow guy tells me we are going to have to tell the ins about this. and i said what do u mean? so went inside where they did the pen and paper communication. so i said ohh forget it and left the seat. otherwise wont get reimburised for it. like the post on here says the ins owns it now.
cant even sipoon the gas out either lol. :cool2:

First of all, part out, there is money in it. Second, generally I wouldn't keep it. I happen to share about my friend's experience. Again, it is almost impossible to win with insurance companies.

I don't understand your comment - "impossible to win with insurance companies." win what???? the whole junk???

:wave:
Hey you die hard bikers, have u been in a motorcycle accident? Any pixs? Whats your story? I showed you mine, now your turn :naughty:

Total of 5 accidents so far, last time in 1993 and that was the hardest lesson. Never trust any drivers. I was riding on Honda Rebel with my ex behind me. As I approaching the car that had left turn signal blinking so I pass it on right side and that idiot driver went to right turn instead and yes I rammed into that car. My body was literally smashing on back of the car. It hurts like bitch and went to hospital though ambulance. That is to check out and everything seems ok. Next day, I ride again. It didn't stop me from riding again. Other time, I ran under the car once due to driver slammed on brake so fast, since my bike and myself were light-weighted and couldn't stop fast enough.

Hey you die hard bikers, have u been in a motorcycle accident? Any pixs? Whats your story? I showed you mine, now your turn :naughty:

Not my problem that you don't understand.

no. It's not that I don't understand how insurance stuff works. It's that I don't understand what you are trying to say. It's very vague and unclear... which is why I asked you for clarification.

Win against insurance companies over what?????? Maybe you can tell me what you heard about your friend's incident with his insurance company.

3 years.... none so far. Maybe it's because of riding in NYC made me extra-vigilant with spider sense. I've had too many "oh-shit" close moments where I could be seriously injured including being t-boned by a very large van running thru red light.

Win on one's request to get both the claim check and the vehicle itself. If you try to argue or challenge Insurance company, it is almost impossible to win. Same with, if you had brand new engine installed on your car, and had the car totalled say, in 3 months. They don't care if the engine is brand new or not they pay out as shown in Kelly blue book or whatever they want to use.

no. It's not that I don't understand how insurance stuff works. It's that I don't understand what you are trying to say. It's very vague and unclear... which is why I asked you for clarification.

Win against insurance companies over what?????? Maybe you can tell me what you heard about your friend's incident with his insurance company.

Win on one's request to get both the claim check and the vehicle itself. If you try to argue or challenge Insurance company, it is almost impossible to win.
:ty:

Well of course you can't get your vehicle back once you get a claim check. You sign the paper stating that insurance company is an owner of your vehicle so why would you want to try to argue with them to get it back? They BOUGHT your vehicle and PAID you with a claim check.

You don't go to store to refund for your damaged product and keep the damaged product. That doesn't make any sense.

Same with, if you had brand new engine installed on your car, and had the car totalled say, in 3 months. They don't care if the engine is brand new or not they pay out as shown in Kelly blue book or whatever they want to use.
now that's a different story. If your car is rebuilt with new engine, you can show your receipt of your new engine to insurance company and work it out from there. You will most likely get a value below the price that you bought it for and it makes sense that way. But hey... if you're that concerned, you can always get a better insurance coverage that will pay you a fair good deal in case of accident.

Total of 5 accidents so far, last time in 1993 and that was the hardest lesson. Never trust any drivers. I was riding on Honda Rebel with my ex behind me. As I approaching the car that had left turn signal blinking so I pass it on right side and that idiot driver went to right turn instead and yes I rammed into that car. My body was literally smashing on back of the car. It hurts like bitch and went to hospital though ambulance. That is to check out and everything seems ok. Next day, I ride again. It didn't stop me from riding again. Other time, I ran under the car once due to driver slammed on brake so fast, since my bike and myself were light-weighted and couldn't stop fast enough.

Wow, glad youre ok and still riding hard! i wish i could ride right now but the injuries are a bitch. just the waiting game. sigh :naughty:

Win on one's request to get both the claim check and the vehicle itself. If you try to argue or challenge Insurance company, it is almost impossible to win. Same with, if you had brand new engine installed on your car, and had the car totalled say, in 3 months. They don't care if the engine is brand new or not they pay out as shown in Kelly blue book or whatever they want to use.

Thats why once the insurance makes the determination the bike is going to be fixed, or totaled, and offer settlement for bike and inuries. if it seems low balling, i dont have to sign anything. just simply retain an attorney and let them get a better fair settlement. :hmm:

3 years.... none so far. Maybe it's because of riding in NYC made me extra-vigilant with spider sense. I've had too many "oh-shit" close moments where I could be seriously injured including being t-boned by a very large van running thru red light.

i agree, if you ride in a city with many cars, yep it will keep you on your toes with many situations if you dont pay attention and react yep can get hurt fast. glad you have avoided em all so far :D. Usually im on my toes but this one got me darn. :eek3: keep riding dawg

Thats why once the insurance makes the determination the bike is going to be fixed, or totaled, and offer settlement for bike and inuries. if it seems low balling, i dont have to sign anything. just simply retain an attorney and let them get a better fair settlement. :hmm:

you are correct that you don't have to accept any shitty deal.

but in many cases - hiring an attorney does not make sense because of $$$$ legal costs involved unless your costs including medical expense, "hardship", etc. are very high and they're refusing to pay.

but as for compensation, you can argue that they're low-balling you and start from there but I don't think they would stoop that low though. they know it would leads to expensive headache on their part so it's just simpler and quicker for them to pay you a good price, shake hands on it, and that's it.

Not the one I witness how it was processed. My ex roomate fought with Insurance company, he spent 3,000 dollars on engine replacement 3 months later totaled, only got check of 800 dollars, and had to give up that car. He fought hard and lost. Insurance companies does not care if you got brand new whatever, even with receipts.

:ty:

Well of course you can't get your vehicle back once you get a claim check. You sign the paper stating that insurance company is an owner of your vehicle so why would you want to try to argue with them to get it back? They BOUGHT your vehicle and PAID you with a claim check.

You don't go to store to refund for your damaged product and keep the damaged product. That doesn't make any sense.

now that's a different story. If your car is rebuilt with new engine, you can show your receipt of your new engine to insurance company and work it out from there. You will most likely get a value below the price that you bought it for and it makes sense that way. But hey... if you're that concerned, you can always get a better insurance coverage that will pay you a fair good deal in case of accident.

It would be very difficult, because over years Insurance lobbied for several laws in THEIR favor not customers. Customers didn't lobby anything, that is the problem.

Right now, I am not sure. I still have bike downstairs in garage. I now have few issues with my spine, will have surgery soon. Been thinking of "Retiring" the hard riding. I am at the point where my bone is start to get brittle and one mistake can end my life. That time where I had accident and rode the next day was my hey day youth and I sure missed these days.

Wow, glad youre ok and still riding hard! i wish i could ride right now but the injuries are a bitch. just the waiting game. sigh :naughty:

Not the one I witness how it was processed. My ex roomate fought with Insurance company, he spent 3,000 dollars on engine replacement 3 months later totaled, only got check of 800 dollars, and had to give up that car. He fought hard and lost. Insurance companies does not care if you got brand new whatever, even with receipts.

I'm sorry to hear that your friend only got $800 but it's a typical formula that insurance companies use for calculating cash value that would sell for at the time of accident and I guess they calculated that your friend's engine would sell for $800 three months later.

I want to ask for clarification purpose - since your friend spent $3,000 on engine replacement... was $3,000 an actual cost of engine or was it engine + labor fee + etc?

Everything, KBB shows worth 800 dollars something. Insurance companies simply follow this method. Refused to go other method, even if shown receipt of actuarial cost.

That is why NEVER NEVER even NEVER do any repairs or replace that exceed the value of vehicle, my ex roommate ignored my advise against replacing the engine. Now he knows the truth and regrets.

I'm sorry to hear that your friend only got $800 but it's a typical formula that insurance companies use for calculating cash value that would sell for at the time of accident and I guess they calculated that your friend's engine would sell for $800 three months later.

I want to ask for clarification purpose - since your friend spent $3,000 on engine replacement... was $3,000 an actual cost of engine or was it engine + labor fee + etc?

Back