captioning on DVDs

lisartist

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am hooked on Mad Men because I have been watching the series on DVD. However I am VERY angry that none of the extras are captioned. There are fascinating documentaries about that time period, advertising, women's rights, etc. But I feel EXCLUDED because these documentaries are not captioned. I want to write "the powers that be", but who are they?
The show creators? The studio (LionsGate)? Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

I checked my iTunes list in my PC. "Mad Men" don't have Closed Caption icon yet. Sorry for your anger.

I checked my iTunes list in my PC. "Mad Men" don't have Closed Caption icon yet. Sorry for your anger.

The CC in movies via iTunes is limited and not widely as DVD version does.

If iTunes movies don't have DRM so you can download subtitle file to load the subtitle in movie.

Pirated movies FTW!

I can watch Mad Men fine as it has English subtitles (SDH), it's the EXTRAS portion that the manufacturers decided not to caption that seems so unfair. Wonderful documentaries. I want to know who to write to.
I don't have itunes or use my computer for any video viewing.

I know what you mean. I like to watch those extras too but is annoying when they don't caption those. One company that is very good about captioning the extra is George Lucas and his Star Wars movies. All the extras has been closed Captioned.

I know what you mean. I like to watch those extras too but is annoying when they don't caption those. One company that is very good about captioning the extra is George Lucas and his Star Wars movies. All the extras has been closed Captioned.

Paramount too. Warner Bros. has been captioning them more often these days too as well.

Back