The All Deaf Spammer Registry

English ver:
Your movie is terrible. I'd rather boil my dirty underwear, drink the broth.

Asian ver:
Your movie is scary!! I rather boil my (when I) get it dirty undergarment, drink some meat soup (2nd part after comma, this is like ordering someone to do it)

Google Translation results: Hilarious.

^^^No, I think she's legit. Talks about her CI.

No, she is advertising some musicbox thing.

You're right, she is a spammer. I did a google search and apparently these images were found to be spam at several forums. They always come in a set of 2 images.

I was cruising through some older blogs last night, and saw some spam blogs. Just ignore those, or should I report them (3+ years old) to wipe them out?

I was cruising through some older blogs last night, and saw some spam blogs. Just ignore those, or should I report them (3+ years old) to wipe them out?

If they are still active, yes.

Thanks, Banjo. I'll go back and report.

I never knew cleaning house could be this fun! :giggle:

Helped my dad clean a deer, went to church, got gas, came home, visit with family, and this evening I will attend evening services at my church.

^^^ :lol:

Seriously, I wonder how we can get rid of spammers. A "1-post-first-day" rule so anyone new can only make ONE spam post? (And unfortunately for the real posters, it does mean they'll have to wait 24 hours to post again, but from there it's free posting?) This would stop spammers because you know they would not come back after 24 hours. They move onto another site. Is something like that even possible to implement? I don't know what the limitations of vBulletin are.

AlleyCat...you are speaking mumble jumble to me...I am uneducated about computer stuff. lol

Wondering why the spammers and the spam are still here. The Tipard thread has been here since early Friday morning. Must be a busy weekend for our staff.

More signed up today as well, I updated the list just now. There's a new spammer named penelopolivia.

I've came to the conclusion that Victoria R is smart spam. Authorities have been notified, it's quite interesting that "her" thread made 200+ replies. Altho, I hadn't paid attention to it until she replied to my dolphin thread. :P

^^^ :lol:

Seriously, I wonder how we can get rid of spammers. A "1-post-first-day" rule so anyone new can only make ONE spam post? (And unfortunately for the real posters, it does mean they'll have to wait 24 hours to post again, but from there it's free posting?) This would stop spammers because you know they would not come back after 24 hours. They move onto another site. Is something like that even possible to implement? I don't know what the limitations of vBulletin are.

Yes, it's kind tough and that is why I think Alex is having trouble figuring out a way to sort the real from the fake.

The way the spambots are working is some dudes server, russia, nigeria, whatever, has a script that is running these spider crawlers across the web and auto registering, and posting. Sometimes they might be manually registered by the crappier scripts. Almost always the end target is always volume (more sites the better) than quality, which is how it becomes easy to spot or they give up easily after getting banned.

I have (had) a solution, it's a bit extreme but I think it may be successful. Set new members under maybe, ~5 posts to be unable to link to another site, or post a picture or image. It hopefully should take care of a majority of spam because they'll just loop their posts with generated links and find out they can't post it, the cycle keeps going.

Unless, they are smart enough to bypass the blocks and not include links or images. In that case it's going to take more manual work like us around to report it.

Most newcomers don't seem to post links or pictures very often if at all, so this might kill two birds with one stone.

Back