Close Captioned DVD player

we call it Supertext and captions here, it is the law that the subtitles must be available fropm 5pm to 10:30pm every day (primetime) and it will improve to get 24/7 in few years time, but we have subtitles available from 5am to 10am in the morning as well.

Interesting! let's help for kris2099. Thanks!

Australia is young, that's why. We are just catching up with our technology :)

Lets see what Kris2099 can get... Pioneeer DVD Player is a good one.

Hi Jacob. I did not realise that you are in Australia. That simplifies things as I am also in Australia. Now since this DVD player (DV-410V) is an Australian release version,

(i) is this a multi-region DVD player or do you need some code to crack it?

(ii) Some Region 1 DVDs only have CC but no English subtitles. For example, the following Region 1 DVDs: CSI (CSI/CSI NY/CSI Miami), Medium, Early Edition, etc (mainly Region 1 CBS/Paramount/Sony TV series titles) all have CC but NO English subtitles. My question is does this Australian release DVD player able to display Region 1's CC?

(iii) What do you mean "it varies"?

I didn't realise this post until now! :)

You say, you're from australia :shock: Where do you hail from? :cool:

Well, it varies becuase some DVDs have the CC logo on the newer DVDs, but it would be impossible to find it at first, but they only display the CC logo such as this below for example:

CC logo - Google Image Search

The first one, since the image is too big to post it here, so refer to the link above.

and yes, it is a multi-region DVD player, I think. I have to check again though. Let me get back to you in few days, I have plenty of multi region DVDs.

And about the "it varies" -- NOT all DVDs can provide CC/subtitles, becuase they cost them $$ to have them intergrated, I know it sucks, :roll: but now the newer ones and the Blu Ray Discs are all madatory to have CC. But I am not 100% correct though.

I didn't realise this post until now! :)

You say, you're from australia :shock: Where do you hail from? :cool:

Well, it varies becuase some DVDs have the CC logo on the newer DVDs, but it would be impossible to find it at first, but they only display the CC logo such as this below for example:

CC logo - Google Image Search

The first one, since the image is too big to post it here, so refer to the link above.

and yes, it is a multi-region DVD player, I think. I have to check again though. Let me get back to you in few days, I have plenty of multi region DVDs.

And about the "it varies" -- NOT all DVDs can provide CC/subtitles, becuase they cost them $$ to have them intergrated, I know it sucks, :roll: but now the newer ones and the Blu Ray Discs are all madatory to have CC. But I am not 100% correct though.

H Jacob.

From Victoria. :wave:

Yes, the Region 1 DVDs that I own have the CC logo on the box and disc. However, English subtitles is not available. My DVD player cannot display CC. However, when I put it on my laptop using Windows Media Player, and turn on the captions, CC appears.

So, that's the reason why I am looking for a standalone DVD player which can display Region 1 CC. I buy most of the DVDs from USA. As listed before, those titles I mentioned only have CC but no English subtitles which is a bit frustating as my DVD player cannot display Region 1's CC.

Do you have any of those TV series I mentioned before? Maybe you can test them out yourself if you have the time. Mainly CBS/Paramount/Sony TV series.

Fortunately, the Region 1 movies from Sony/Paramount have English subtitles (SDH). I cannot understand why these studios have 2 standards -- CC for TV series, SDH for movies.

I can understand the frustation, your DVD player must be non- multi region player so you will need a multi region player which is the best investment in DVD player. That DVD player I recommended you is located from JB HI-FI, but I have bought it for $150 and right now it has gone down to $99 :shock:

Ahh, from victoria, eh. I am from Canberra. ;)

I have scrubs TV series, perhaps, I can try them, but am not sure what region they are. But I have this DVD from bali, which has a different region I think 1 or 4, not sure. It works fine in my parents DVD player, but not mine just yet.

Laptops have strict limits, such as they have only 3 turns to switch to Region 1 or 4,
once the regions are used, then you will be stuck to your perferred region, sucks I know.

Hi Jacob and Chevy57

I can understand the frustation, your DVD player must be non- multi region player so you will need a multi region player which is the best investment in DVD player. That DVD player I recommended you is located from JB HI-FI, but I have bought it for $150 and right now it has gone down to $99 :shock:

Ahh, from victoria, eh. I am from Canberra. ;)

I have scrubs TV series, perhaps, I can try them, but am not sure what region they are. But I have this DVD from bali, which has a different region I think 1 or 4, not sure. It works fine in my parents DVD player, but not mine just yet.

Laptops have strict limits, such as they have only 3 turns to switch to Region 1 or 4,
once the regions are used, then you will be stuck to your perferred region, sucks I know.

Hi Jacob. The DVD players I have used are all multi-region DVD players (3 of them -- Sony, LG and one that I bought from EzyDVD shop). But none support Region 1 DVD CCs.

I think you need to test those Region 1 DVDs that only have CC but no English subtitles stated in the box.

Chevy57 -- perhaps you could also give some advice since you are from USA? :hmm:

I'll see what I can get from my new DVD player and get back to you. What are you going to do with these many DVD players? :eek:

I'll see what I can get from my new DVD player and get back to you. What are you going to do with these many DVD players? :eek:

One for the lounge, one for the bedroom, a couple for spare? :lol:

And if the Pioneer work, it will then become the CC player!!! :D

Just one more thing, can you give me some examples of the region 1 CC DVDs, so just to see if I have them and use it for your example?

Hi Jacob. The DVD players I have used are all multi-region DVD players (3 of them -- Sony, LG and one that I bought from EzyDVD shop). But none support Region 1 DVD CCs.

I think you need to test those Region 1 DVDs that only have CC but no English subtitles stated in the box.

Chevy57 -- perhaps you could also give some advice since you are from USA? :hmm:

Kris2099, are you at USA?

Chevy57, no -- Kris2099 is located in Victoria, Australia

OIC I don't know where does she live. No problem.

See bold below -- This AD'er is from Victoria, Australia

Hi Jacob. I did not realise that you are in Australia. That simplifies things as I am also in Australia. Now since this DVD player (DV-410V) is an Australian release version,

(i) is this a multi-region DVD player or do you need some code to crack it?

(ii) Some Region 1 DVDs only have CC but no English subtitles. For example, the following Region 1 DVDs: CSI (CSI/CSI NY/CSI Miami), Medium, Early Edition, etc (mainly Region 1 CBS/Paramount/Sony TV series titles) all have CC but NO English subtitles. My question is does this Australian release DVD player able to display Region 1's CC?

(iii) What do you mean "it varies"?

H Jacob.

From Victoria. :wave:

Yes, the Region 1 DVDs that I own have the CC logo on the box and disc. However, English subtitles is not available. My DVD player cannot display CC. However, when I put it on my laptop using Windows Media Player, and turn on the captions, CC appears.

So, that's the reason why I am looking for a standalone DVD player which can display Region 1 CC. I buy most of the DVDs from USA. As listed before, those titles I mentioned only have CC but no English subtitles which is a bit frustating as my DVD player cannot display Region 1's CC.

Do you have any of those TV series I mentioned before? Maybe you can test them out yourself if you have the time. Mainly CBS/Paramount/Sony TV series.

Fortunately, the Region 1 movies from Sony/Paramount have English subtitles (SDH). I cannot understand why these studios have 2 standards -- CC for TV series, SDH for movies.

sFun_duh2.gif

Jacob and kris2099 are
sFl_australia2.gif

I'm
sFl_america2.gif

Hi Jacob and Chevy57

at first, i thought kris2099 was from USA :o

Hi all.

Jacob: The Region 1 DVDs that only have CC (does not have English subtitles) are CSI, CSI NY, CSI Miami, Medium, Early Edition, Melrose Place, Painkiller Jane, I Love Lucy. That is all I can recall. These are mainly CBS/Paramount/Sony studio TV series.

Chevy57: I am in Australia. Maybe you could enlighten me with which DVD players (made in USA) have CC capabilities?

Thanks. :lol:

I will have a look at the Scrubs Series I have and see which company they come from, and if it is one of these you mentioned and will test it out. These series worked fine in my other DVD player (which isn't multi) which I gave it to my brother.

I will have a look at the Scrubs Series I have and see which company they come from, and if it is one of these you mentioned and will test it out. These series worked fine in my other DVD player (which isn't multi) which I gave it to my brother.

Hi Jacob. Scrubs is from Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Touchstone. I read from a ebay seller that it has English subtitles (SDH)? It could be wrong. Is yours Region 1?

If CC and SDH exists hand in hand, more than likely, you MIGHT have mistaken the two?

BTW, Region 1's Dexter, Frasier, has only CC. Do you have R1's Dexter, Fraiser, CSI's, etc?

What Region 1 TV series do you have?

I do not have these you mentioned, only I have is the Scrubs series, the rest are mostly movies.

Back