Man saws off own foot to continue receiving unemployment benefits

Dude, do you understand my point? Where is his side of story? This is only side that we hear "Authorities" said so, should I believe them right off bat? I don't!

Dude, the guy sawed off his foot and put it in his oven and cooked it so it couldn't be re-attached, and then called emergency services. The dude is obviously sick in his mind the effort to continue to avoid any kind of work and receive jobless benefits instead.

I know, need not to repeat what happened. My point here is, where is his story? It is way too extreme to do this without good reason. Perhaps he is actually too sick and couldn't do anything but the agent may not believe him and denied. He may have to reach the point of despair enough. There is something fishy between agency and this poor guy.

Sometimes medias do stretch the story, add something that is not true and omitted something that may be important part of story, you know. I don't trust these medias.

Do you really believe that media are 100% truthful? I don't.

He sawed off his own foot. No indication of a crime committed against him by sawing off his foot. He did it on his own. Nobody is with a full deck when a person amputates one of his own appendages on purpose.

World News - Man cuts off foot, throws it in furnace to avoid job assignment

I suspect there is probably mental illness or possible drug abuse in this situation. We just don't have all the facts.

He sawed off his own foot. Or are you suggesting that he didn't do that to himself? And that the media is twisting or conflating the story?

There is no answer to this question, if he did then there has to be reason behind. I am not suggesting that he didn't, what I am asking is where is his story? You know. Media said he won't take job and has illness. This is telling me that there is more to this story that has been left off. The question I have been ponder, what kind of job was offered to him? PLUS what kind of illness he has? These two questions I am asking can reveal more to the story, know what I mean?

Not every jobs is for everyone. For example; Can every one of you take this job that requires one cleaning a crime scene that involves multiple bloody murders? I mean, cleaning up sounded easy but when it comes to detail on job description (Like I just described), some people would throw up on this one.

He sawed off his own foot. Or are you suggesting that he didn't do that to himself? And that the media is twisting or conflating the story?

I know, need not to repeat what happened. My point here is, where is his story? It is way too extreme to do this without good reason. Perhaps he is actually too sick and couldn't do anything but the agent may not believe him and denied. He may have to reach the point of despair enough. There is something fishy between agency and this poor guy.

Sometimes medias do stretch the story, add something that is not true and omitted something that may be important part of story, you know. I don't trust these medias.

Do you really believe that media are 100% truthful? I don't.

Regardless, his own reasoning caused him to think that sawing off his foot was the answer. That alone doesn't resonate as a person with a full deck.

I wouldn't jump into judgement before hearing other side of story.

After reading and he claimed due to his illness. What illness? We need to first ask what kind of job? What kind of illness?

Supposedly, this is just an example if the job offer is mowing the lawn and the illness is Asthma/allergens then that is valid reason for refusing take the job.

There are few jobs out there that I can not handle and will not take if offered. Thank god I had my current job which is just an office work.

I have heard cases where these agencies who provide safety net declined benefit because they aren't sick enough where they are seriously too sick to work.

In bold, yup, same goes with me, addition to safety issue due to usher syndrome and balance problem. I only can work in office with computer and other some tasks that related to computers.

I don't think he has a leg to stand on concerning benefits. I see where he nearly died on the way to the hospital....he already has one foot in the grave.

:hyper: Oh wait, he can't do that on one foot.

Too bad there is so many closed minded out there.

In bold, yup, same goes with me, addition to safety issue due to usher syndrome and balance problem. I only can work in office with computer and other some tasks that related to computers.

Too bad there is so many closed minded out there.
The guy is mentally ill and not rational.

Lots of people, including Foxrac whom you quoted, have job limitations but they don't chop off a limb. Foxrac is rational; the guy in the story is not.

nut2.gif

I know, but I was wondering how severe the issue were before assume that this guy is insane. I know he is insane already. Everyone has their breaking point.

The guy is mentally ill and not rational.

Lots of people, including Foxrac whom you quoted, have job limitations but they don't chop off a limb. Foxrac is rational; the guy in the story is not.

Dude, do you understand my point? Where is his side of story? This is only side that we hear "Authorities" said so, should I believe them right off bat? I don't!

who cares ...... the dude is one sick fuXX. You just don't permanently mutilate a body part by yourself. Burning the body part too?! sorry-- he doesnt deserve benefits. he needs to be in mental hospital or jail. at least there he can get free meals.:roll:

"Who cares" = attitude issue

Im seeing here is an attitude issue.

There are many people who committed sucides out there for their own reason. I bet this person does not want to commit sucide and want to live. I am not satisfied without knowing what is his story and why he decided to go this path. There has to be reason, and you all said "Who cares" Which tells me that you don't care if there is problem out there.

There are many people who committed sucides out there for their own reason. I bet this person does not want to commit sucide and want to live. I am not satisfied without knowing what is his story and why he decided to go this path. There has to be reason, and you all said "Who cares" Which tells me that you don't care if there is problem out there.

We said that this person is mentally ill, you agreed as well in response to Reba. The guy had issues which drove him to saw off his foot. Exactly what those issues are we don't know but we know he wasn't playing with a full deck when he thought sawing off his foot is the answer to his problem.

Don't believe the man wanted to commit suicide either....that's why he called 9-1-1....then again, he had already lost so much blood and had to be induced into a coma to stablize him.....It's not that people don't care what happens to others....it's just that some things people do to themselves that a normal person wouldn't.....Even people who commit suicide are not in their right minds...This man just did not want to work, hated the job he had.

Now that he doesn't have a job and probably no insurance, who is gonna take care of the hospital bill?....Seems he also had a wife and son...He was not thinking of them when he did this, only thinking about himself and the job he hated and didn't want to work......

I'm sure if he really wanted to commit suicide, he would have cut off more than his foot or not have called 9-1-1....

And I'm sure there are thousands of people out of work, that would be happy to have his job, no matter what it was, as long as they got a paycheck. That's my take of it.

ya lost me there..... not sure why he should be in jail.

who cares ...... the dude is one sick fuXX. You just don't permanently mutilate a body part by yourself. Burning the body part too?! sorry-- he doesnt deserve benefits. he needs to be in mental hospital or jail. at least there he can get free meals.:roll:

Back